Antihydrogen Atoms Trapped

• Official Post

From 'New Scientist'. Relevant to Axil's ideas at least.

Hydrogen’s antimatter counterpart has shown its true colours, and they are just what physicists ordered.

Antihydrogen atoms are made of a positron (a positively charged version of the electron) orbiting a negatively charged antiproton. According to the standard model of particle physics, these anti-atoms should absorb and emit light at the same wavelengths as hydrogen. Now antihydrogen’s spectrum has been measured at last, and it confirms the prediction.

Antimatter is notoriously difficult to work with, because the moment it touches normal matter both annihilate in an explosion of smaller particles and radiation. To scrutinise antimatter, physicists have to keep it as cold as possible and trap it using powerful magnetic fields.

Jeffrey Hangst and his colleagues in the ALPHA collaboration, based at CERN near Geneva, Switzerland, managed to trap 14 antihydrogen atoms at once – a dramatic improvement over the one or two atoms of previous experiments. To peek at the spectrum, they shone an intense laser on to the antihydrogen atoms, so that the beam’s energy could be absorbed and re-emitted.

https://www.newscientist.com/a…h-a-laser-for-first-time/

• Zephir we need Axil's ideas as well as yours, the environment is richer for them. When you break the idea flow down I wonder why, he is non-conformal as well as you. He is to be recommended for being an advocate for CF. When you dismiss people as "link collectors" you are "as kind as I can say this" are not helping. Driving people away from discussions is a bad thing okay? Don't make it personal. Make it the based on the arguments.

When you dismiss people as "link collectors" you are "as kind as I can say this" are not helping.

On the contrary, this is just the attitude, which I appreciate from AxilAxil. Occasionally he even gets the point. The problem arises, once he crosses the scope of link collecting and his information becomes a disinformation. The problem of modern society isn't the lack of information but their balancing. And he who is everywhere is nowhere.

But my question was different - what the antimatter has to do with cold fusion? In context of AxilAxil theories or without it. Don't make the answer personal, make it the based on the arguments.

• I disagree with you here. I even find you both complimentary at times. I also note that very rarely does he respond to your comments like wise with derogatory statements. I think modern society question is a bit more complex. As far as antimatter since I do not know his mind I will not respond. On the concept of disinformation when people make a statement then provide a url we are able to judge for ourselves. This is a learning process not some conspiracy of the ignorant or misinformed, most people here with references are able to discern for themselves. We should all strive to keep it that way.

I think modern society question is a bit more complex.

It's not that complex - the contemporary society just optimizes occupation instead of progress. What the people are doing during last century, they're trying to produce an energy by all means thinkable just for to delay the acceptation of these ones which really work. Why? The main problem of contemporary society is, it's overcrowded and everyone want to have to keep his job and social status. As the result, the important findings and ideas get accepted just after when all other less or more nonsensical options get exhausted, so that no one can base his private existence on these nonsense anymore. We can see it for example in development of theories of dark matter, but the cold fusion research isn't any exception from this rule.

I would have no problem with clueless twaddling until money are going and the theory of dark matter can wait - the problem of this gradualist attitude is, we are risking another global war because we 'will not develop working alternatives for fossil fuel sources in time. This is what bothers me the most. The destruction of life environment and extinction of species is another problem.

On the concept of disinformation when people make a statement then provide a url we are able to judge for ourselves.

From the same reason I'd like to see some link to antimatter application during cold fusion. From Axil, Alan Smith or whoever else..

• Why I still disagree with you on'modern society being complex'. I am not so dismissive. But this is a segue that I do not want to head towards. I am not sure of your twaddling and dark matter reference. So I will not respond. I will also listen when a link from CF to antimatter is made, but will research it and again not be dismissive. Zephir I have the benefit of having my small mind somewhat opened. The only onus that falls on us all is to prove our statements.

• I'm not saying that the behavior of modern society is simple - it actually becomes increasingly complex from inside perspective. But the emergent aspects of it get simpler instead, as they get more pronounced. Once the intelligence of the pears overlap and compensate mutually ("what is good for you isn't good for me"), then it gets gradually compensated and as a whole the society gets dumb gregarious behavior - actually the more, the larger already is. The dense overcrowded society runs very effectively but it's also very fragile and sensitive to changes - just because it's already heavily optimized. Therefore as a whole the society becomes ignorant to breakthrough findings, which could help everyone, once it threatens the perspective of each individual just by changes of existing status quo.

As a programmer I know this aspect of large system familiarly. The more optimized and larger the program gets, the more sensitive it becomes to global changes of workflow. Such a system gets actually dumber and less adaptable to changes from this perspective. The introduction of cold fusion would make the individual less dependent on the centralized sources of energy and each other and it will also make the human society more fragmented, homogeneous, smarter and adaptive. Of course this perspective threats the power of global monopolies and centra government, which currently profit from the actual situation.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.