Edmund Storms: Q&A ON THE NAE

I might be wrong, but not mentally ill.

Well, the mythomania is just about inventing stuffs blindly. One of common motivations is just delusion of invention: many inventors suffered with it. I'm collecting various ideas and overunity technologies, so I have some experience with it. The person in this condition likes the combining and producing new ideas at all cost, it brings him into trance, so he loses self-control during it and he spreads apparent BS. The common symptom of delusion just is, the person dismisses such an option sharply. I'm not here for psychoanalysis, but for accidental readers would be good to somehow label pure confabulations, if you're not willing to do yourself.

Is it really so difficult to write IMO before each sentence or at least paragraph, which you can not be completely sure with? If nothing else, it's an act of honesty and consideration of the other readers. We are living in the times of informational explosion and the people really have no time to verify each information here - no matter how well minded it really is. After all, overflooding with misleading information is the main weapon of ideological diversion today.

Is it really so difficult to write IMO before each sentence or at least paragraph,

The is a difference between an option and an interpretation. I alway provide a reference that serves as background for the interpretation that I provide. For example, Ed Storms offers an opinion of what he understands what metallic hydrogen is. That opinion is offered without a reference. There is a boatload of references that Ed could have used to support an interpretation as applied to the thesis that he is interested in supporting.

Most rebuttals to my interpretations are offered without counter references that I would enjoy reading. These rebuttals are just opinions that should be prefexed with IMHO. You never provide a reference or IMHO and anything directed in my direction.

• The extrapolation about metallic water is apparently a private invention of yours. Regarding the superfluidity of dense deuterium clusters, the original publications from Ref. 204 is not freely accessible at the web, except this presentation. It's rather courageous to extrapolate from mobility of ion clusters in magnetic field the superconductive behavior of them (the charged particles get deflected and dragged with magnetic field due to Lorenz force even without presence of any superconductivity).

emMNP4H.gif

• axil wrote: "

I don't take kindly to being characterized as crazy. I might be wrong,
    but not mentally ill. I think it is time for you to be banned."

Axil, I have bit my tongue regarding other users here. But as long as the discourse was based on information exchange and civility I do not care what is said. It should be simple for someone to make a statement provide a reference url and then defend the argument- period.

I used to goto phys.org or several reddit forums. (r/physics, r/emdrive and many others. But the ones I mentioned have users that just follow each other around throwing insults. This behavior is called bullying or sometimes trolling. I smh when I see a user that is literally abused on (reddit/phys.org etc.) come to this forum follow the same behavior.

It would be better to take the high road. But this is not the playground, even though people act like children. I honestly do not know why I expect more sometimes.

I smh when I see a user that is literally abused on (reddit/phys.org etc.) come to this forum follow the same behavior.

This behavior has a common ground in looking for facts. I always struggled to balance the creativity and credulity.Personally I don't make big difference between people, who are struggling for informational monopoly based on mainstream theories or these ones, who are spreading private BS.The private opinions should never be censored, but they should be labeled so - or it is unfair behavior from opposite side, the side of their author. The unsubstantiated claims and extrapolations should be always labeled as such and not confused with facts referenced by someone else. The situation, when the people are getting too dependent on their own attitude is often fact, the social correctness will help nobody there. I also wouldn't call it downright psychical disease, just kind of psychic dependence.

I also want to take higher road for this forum - just from informational credibility perspective. Now I'm just deciding the emergent situation, when twenty people are getting mislead and mildly annoyed with Axil's speculations, or single person (i.e. Axil himself) will get annoyed a bit more with my feedback. I'm quite sure, he will appreciate it after while as he already did. BTW From my side it's completely not personal, Mr. SelfSustain or AlanSmith already know, I'm consequential in matter of their repeated claims without substance too. BTW The real trolling still looks a bit differently and still I didn't die because of it.

• Sorry, this is just an opinion:

A rule for LENR

Nuclear energy transfer from a nucleus to a Bose condensate quasiparticle ensemble member(BCQEM) happens without radiation because its energy storage capacity is large enough to hold enough energy to reach the meson creation level without an EMF overflow. The BCQEM acts like a big Tank. When the BCQEM does overflow, the BCQEM produces mesons through Hadronization. The BCQEM is a BEC of SPPs. The BEC lives on the surface of the UDH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadronization

When the quasiparticle is not a member of a Bose condensate, it releases stored nuclear energy less than or equal to 300,000 electron volts. This is a single SPP.

Energy transfer from the nucleus to the individual or collective SPP is via entanglement. The SPP becomes the same particle as the nucleus and shares energy.

=================

Holmlid states:

"More recently, another form of Rydberg matter has been detected and studied, where the electron orbital angular momentum l is zero. The Rydberg matter structure is in this case instead given by the spin angular momentum s > 0. This quantum number was identified experimentally to have values s = 1, 2 or 3, giving an interatomic distance of only 0.57 pm in level s = 1.3This type of matter is usually called ultra-dense hydrogen with notation as H(0) for simplicity, with most studies concerned with the level s = 2 with experimental H-H bond distance of 2.3 ± 0.1 pm."

In UDH, the electrons form a stationary spin wave on the surface of the UDH, the electrons sit still and don't orbit (electron orbital angular momentum l is zero). In this state, electrons will become entangled with photons and become SPPs. All the SPPs become entangled and form a BEC. Thus the UDH effectively produces a huge SPP with huge energy storage capacity. This SPP is quasistable and continually releases energy as mesons when its meson energy limit is reached.

In a non BEC state, single SPPs on nanowire have a small energy storage capacity and will release stored energy as XUV light when they decay. (10 to 100 picoseconds)

• The energy of one alpha 23.6MeV particle is enough to create a hotspot and a new cavity.

24 MeV could melt some 10 million atoms (assuming no heat loss), far too few to cause any visible hot spot. I repeat, you need tens of thousands of reactions, all occurring in the same vicinity to cause visible hot spots. Any model needs to take this into account.

• Regarding the hotspots and their visibility, there is still an iconic experiment of Stan Szpak from SPAWAR observed with thermocamera (transcript). He used cathode in form of nickel mesh and the IR camera looking at the backside of it through a thin mylar window. The hotspots comming from individual nuclear reactions don't destroy the lattice permanently, but they're still energetic enough for being "visible" directly. If you have no thermocamera, you can still detect them with sensitive microphone attached to an electrolytic cell. If nothing else, then this experiment must convince every skeptic about reality of cold fusion, because the direct observation cannot be interpreted in other means possible - yet it didn't happen, because these people don't want to be convinced.

rJp8jjdm.jpgGOfDxTt.gif

• axil,

You have reacted very well!

I don’t know why you are so devoted to LENR, but maybe you can agree with the opinion that the biggest problem in LENR is the design of a reactor that’s simple, not dangerous and can run for a very long time. The model to describe the mechanism cannot be a problem because even Holmlid’s use of Rydberg matter is – from the viewpoint of quanta transfer – comparable with Pd based fusion. Unfortunately, most physicists are devoted to the phenomenological view.

Because simple LENR is a lattice based application, the active area must be quite large when we want to use the mechanism for power plants to generate heat for electricity. However, there are all kinds of electric usage that are impossible without storage. So there is a need for small LENR reactors that can keep the active area undamaged and can resupply hydrogen into the active area.

Have you never considered to dive into the more practical aspects of LENR?

• Official Post

These hotspots comming from individual nuclear reactions don't destroy the lattice permanently, but they're still energetic enough for being "visible" directly.

During the carbon electrolysis experiments I wrote about in here recently, a sensitive waterproof geiger probe picked up numerous short-lived beta (?) radiation hotspots on the surface of bulk carbon grains lying in the tank. These persisted at up to 80cpm equivalent (20 cpm background) for up to 20 seconds before vanishing only to appear somewhere else. Difficult to collect good experimental data on these, because you had to 'go fishing' for them with the probe - but interesting nevertheless. These same experiments also produced other interesting items like the shotgun-peppered Anode shown here.

the biggest problem in LENR is the design of a reactor that’s simple, not dangerous and can run for a very long time

Given the fact, that electrolysis of hydrogen at nickel in potassium carbonate solution is cheap and simple and it did yield into a good results (Mills, Notoya, Niedra), for amateurs it would have good meaning to attempt for codeposition of nickel too. The advantage of this approach is, the nickel deposited is clean, already saturated with atomic hydrogen and during experiment its surface gets restored continuously. Many other things can be tested too: the introduction of magnetic field and HF AC electric field, the detection of noise from electrodes with hydraphone (piezoelement from watches) and so on. And you just need some beaker and electricity source in essence, the thermocamera adapters already exist for iPod too.

• Official Post

Would continuously stirring the water to attempt evenly distributing the carbon grains in the tank be a bad idea?

The answer to that is 'don't know'. I suspect however, that it might not help. I think (but cannot prove) that the radiation hot-spots created a 'thermal plume' in the water around the grains which disrupted the process - whatever it was. This is borne out by the fact that when we have seen more dramatic events (massive heat, burst tanks, more radiation) evolution of this unexplained energy has started in the bottom of the tank, where the carbon grains are closely packed and there is very limited movement of the electrolyte.

• Official Post

This is obvious as you at least need a two body reaction, which already halves the amount. But the exact heat equivalent is 23.6MeV. Just remind, that room - temperature is about 40m(milli)eV. Thus you can heat over 100 million atoms... That's also the reason why storms theory doesn't work. You dont have more than some millions of atoms in a nano particle! But it could work in bulk electrodes!

Heat does not trigget the hot fusion as you propose, you think like the APS fusionist.

Energy is there, 24MeV. some metalurgical organisation allows it to leak like an excited atom radiate naturally.

what prevent the 24MeV to get out of the DD pair is a barrier.

What is required is an organization of atoms , who once coherent, allows slow keV transition, exploiting the MeV energy accumulated in separated DD.

Sure the 40meV of heat is not breaking coulomb barrier, but the 24MeV potential energy is leaking through the barrier.

Impossible to imagine with two-body, but why not with manybody , resonance,

• According to my theory the Coulomb barrier gets overcomed with Astroblaster effect during low-dimensional collisions of atoms within atom lattice. The opportunity for such a collisions occurs at the dislocations of crystal lattice, which are usually much longer, than the number of atoms involved in momentum transfer. So we are still having many other atoms waiting for their opportunity along dislocations. Once some reaction will start there, the resulting phonon/polaron wave could initiate another reactions along this dislocation in avalanche like way - it's sorta LENR lasing effect. I'm not saying, that the above explanation is the only possible, but at least it follows from this model in rather straightforward way.

It may not manifest itself just with cracks and pits at the place where dislocation protrudes the surface (within palladium, where they hydrogen concentration can reach high levels) - but also with another interesting collective effects, like the X-ray jets and beam formation in the Karabut experiments (background info). Piantelli or Defakalion managed to start the cold fusion reaction with single(!) electric impulse in magnetic field, after initiation the lattice vibrations induced with individual reactions managed to keep the LENR running in the bulk. The fact that nickel is magnetostrictive could play its role here.

• Alan Smith

The carbon grains are also - I suppose - acting as a sieve for whatever impurity is coming off the electrodes and the water, which I guess would tend to sediment over time, where the bulk of the carbon is according to what you're reporting.

The idea is that some sort of vigorous stirring would accelerate this process and potentially make detection easier.

• Official Post

Astroblaster effect is interesting, but as Ed explains, the real problem is not in breaking the barrier, but in dissipation.

It seems you already talk of reverse effect, of mossbauer... This is maybe what is needed, but if the reaction is two body as should be a classical astroblaster effect, then the 24MeV have to be ejected in few quanta, as fast as possible...

A coherent LASER-style mossbauer/astroblaster may be a direction for dissipation ... I cannot judge if it is meaningful, but involving heavy nucleus is an idea to dig. Ed Storms did not follow it, and maybe there is good reason I did not catch.

My vision is that the hydroton, or a 2D variant, as an insulated coherent quantum object, disintegrate like any radioactive nucleus does, but in many steps, like does electrons in an excited atom, because it is more constrained and MeV transitions are forbidden, or simply much less probable than keV. Luca Gamberaler was talking of CQED , coherent QED.

the real problem is not in breaking the barrier, but in dissipation... but involving heavy nucleus is an idea to dig

The cold fusion is all about heavy atom nuclei involvement - both for overcoming of Coulomb barrier, both in dissipation. Once the fusion reaction occurs, then the long lines of atom nuclei would jerk off their positions in opposite directions like the pistons or needles independently of the motion of another atoms around this line. This long line of atom nuclei should have enough of surface for to absorb the energy with friction and phonons exchange with neighboring atoms. The resulting neutrons will get also absorbed with high efficiency, because they will be emanated just along connection line of the colliding atom nuclei. The neutrons usually penetrate the metals easily, until they don't impact their lattice under low angle - after then the atom lattice will suddenly change into an opaque mirror for these particles - this is similar effect, because the mirror effect implies high absorption coefficient (the metal form mirrors for photons just because they absorb them so much). Of course whole this process can be also interpreted at quantum level like the result of mutual interference of pilot waves of particles and metal lattice once their deBroglie wavelengths match each other - but IMO the basis of this process has an origin in rather trivial classical mechanics.

OaIUiAs.png

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.