The Mysterious Figure Six (6) of Dr. Andrea Rossi (No, not a legal exhibit.)

• What do you think is the true identity of figure six (6)? 3

1. A high voltage electrode. (1) 33%
    2. Thermocouple probe. (2) 67%
    3. A wire of elemental lithium. (0) 0%
    4. A tesla coil. (0) 0%
    5. Palladium Powder (0) 0%
    6. Catalytic Converter Material (0) 0%
    7. Platinum Powder (0) 0%
    8. Tungsten Powder (0) 0%

• Thanks for the correction can. I found you posting the patent wise. Even tough my Italian needs more duolingo.

May I ask did you have an account here before the upgrade? Never mind this question after I some thought, it is inappropriate.

• It is not the thermostat because in his patent it states...

"Nickel is coated in a copper tube 100, including a heating electric resistance 101, adjusted and controlled by a controlling thermostat (not shown) adapted to switch off said resistance 101 as nickel is activated by hydrogen contained in a bottle 107."

I also don't think that it is a palladium wire. If anything, I think it could be palladium powder or palladium in the form of honey comb.

• Not directly the thermostat, but a temperature sensor (a thermocouple) that the thermostat can use.

I think that since the patent says the thermostat is not shown that figure six has nothing to do with it.

• If the palladium could serve as a spillover catalyst for cold fusion, which meaning would have its separate placement within reactor?

I don't think the placement is separate. The diagram is very crude, and I don't think the little line representing figure six is really a small wire. I think the nickel powder and palladium (if figure six represents palladium) are mixed together or the nickel is sitting in a palladium honey comb structure. Remember, with reverse spillover surface area is everything. You would want as much of the nickel exposed to the palladium as possible.

• @MrSelfSustain 

Can we safely assume it's actually intended to contain nickel powder? Compared to the original Italian patent, the international patent application suggests that nickel is "coated" on the inner surface of the tube, which means that some sort of deposition would have to occur somewhere in the process. Not just in words: the indicated location for the nickel [powder] in the diagram also seems oddly nondescript. I'm aware that some time back MFMP also suggested this but I don't know if it's because more informed people told them so or if it genuinely was their idea. I'm also aware that Francesco Celani started working with constantan (NiCu alloy) because of Rossi. I guess in this case the spillover catalyst would be copper (= the tube), onto which a nickel thin film (= high surface area) is deposited.

... Nickel is coated in a copper tube, ...

Celani has suggested that NiCu dissociates H2 better than Ni, Cu, or Pd alone (read pages 2-3 here).

• Celani has suggested that NiCu dissociates H2 better than Ni, Cu, or Pd alone

Celani used Constantan alloy as a basis.

Main ingredients are Ni and Cu, but don't overlook it also contains Mn.

Mn could be essential and serve to create Rydberg Hydrogen.

Taking a few steps back, one could ask themselves: Is it simply atomic hydrogen that settles in the lattice of Ni or its cracked surface, or is it essential that it is Ultra Dense Hydrogen that should be settled in the metal lattice or its cracked surface.

Remember that Ultra Dense Hydrogen is superconductive. External triggers by means of a pulsed EMF could trigger superconductive matter such that local, very high, current loops are formed at ultra small cavities which in turn could generate Ultra High Frequency EMF will occur (Magnetron effect). The Ultra High EMF will create Eddy Currents in the Ni particles. Those Ni particles are not superconductive and therefore such Eddy Currents will generate heat due to the electrical resistance within the Ni particles.

Part of the UHF EMF will be absorbed by the casing of a reactor and even some of it will pass the reactor vessel due to small entries that exist for in/outlet of sensors and heaters.

In the early days Rossi has mentioned that the lead shielding is heated additionally because of 'some radiation' besides the heated Ni particles within that shielding.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.