New USPTO Patent Applications

• A new LENR USPTO Patent Application --

United States Patent Application 20200013517 January 9, 2020

SUBMICRON FUSION DEVICES, METHODS AND SYSTEMS

Abstract

Methods, apparatus, devices, and systems for creating, controlling, conducting, and optimizing fusion activities of nuclei. In particular, the present inventions relate to, 5 among other things, fusion activities that are conducted individually or collectively on a very small scale, preferably on the nano-scale or smaller such as pico to femto scales, for the utilization of energy produced from these activities in smaller devices and for aggregation into larger devices.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…0013517&RS=DN/20200013517

The author also published the fairly recent Arxiv preprint --

"Approach to Nuclear Fusion Utilizing Dynamics of High-Density Electrons and Neutrals"

An approach to achieve nuclear fusion utilizing the formation of high densities of electrons and neutrals is described. The profusion of low energy electrons provides high dynamic electric fields that help reduce the Coulomb barrier in nuclear fusion; high-density neutrals provide the stability and reaction rates to achieve break-even fusion where charged particles are the main products. Interactions of energetic charged particles with high-density background produce positive feedbacks with enhanced cross sections. Experiments in a rotating geometry illustrate the advantages of this approach, which discriminates against neutronic fusion.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.11068

• "

To our best knowledge, this is the first time fusion with positive gains is achieved in a table-top system under both pulse and steady-state conditions "

Knowledge does not include LENR

Interesting calorimetry for proton boron fusion.. output/input= ~9

A lot better than ITER.

3-5 Mev particle output .. Protection?

• If they find a way to focus the charged particles into a beam then run it through some conductive coils, that could absorb 90% of the charged particle output into electric current flow.

• Perhaps related is the enormous charged plasma acceleration possible in channeling ---

"Creating localized plasma wave by ionization of doped semiconductors"

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1903.09013.pdf

EXCERPT -- "In another speculative application, the creation of localized plasma wave might also offer a new route for inertia confinement fusion (ICF). One can use ionizing semiconductors to create a plasma wave with total energy E in volume V and then compress the plasma volume adiabatically using, e.g., lasers. According to Refs. [3,4], the mechanical energy of compression is partially transferred into the plasma wave leading to increasing thewave energy E∝V−1/2. The compression also increases

the plasma wave vector k∝V−1 until Landau damping suddenly dominates and damps the wave energy into hot electrons. The semiconductor plasma wave is particularly attractive because both the plasma and the embedded wave are well localized, making it easy for compression. It avoids the difficulty of laser energy penetration into overdense plasma targets in current laser heating ICF experiments.z'

"FEASIBILITY STUDY OF CHANNELING ACCELERATION EXPERIMENT AT THE FERMILAB ASTA FACILITY"

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1502/1502.02073.pdf

"Ultra-High Gradient Channeling Acceleration in Nanostructures: Design/Progress of Proof-of-Concept (POC) Experiments"

https://lss.fnal.gov/archive/2…milab-conf-16-381-apc.pdf

• New Google USPTO patent --

United States Patent 10,566,094 February 18, 2020

Enhanced electron screening through plasmon oscillations

Abstract

Enhanced Coulomb repulsion screening around light element nuclei is achieved by way of utilizing electromagnetic (EM) radiation to induce plasmon oscillations in target structures (e.g., nanoparticles) in a way that produces high density electron clouds in localized regions of the target structures, thereby generating charge density variations around light element atoms located in the localized regions. Each target structure includes an electrically conductive body including light elements (e.g., a metal hydride/deuteride/tritide) that is configured to undergo plasmon oscillations in response to the applied EM radiation. The induced oscillations causes free electrons to converge in the localized region, thereby producing transient high electron charge density levels that enhance Coulomb repulsion screening around light element (e.g., deuterium) atoms located in the localized regions. Various systems capable of implementing enhanced Coulomb repulsion screening are described, and various nanostructure compositions and configurations are disclosed that serve to further enhance fusion reaction rates.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi…,566,094&RS=PN/10,566,094

Also discussed here Google (UBC/MIT/LBNL) post Nature updates.

• Some will claim that 'high electron charge density' is an EVO

Yep, I accept that denser matter constructs between nuclear and chemical processes are likely possible and high electron densities would probably play an interesting part. But the energy from vacuum and things that ignore conservation of energy for "stereotypical EVOs" make it sketchy to me. Though I think openess to it's possible reality, if openly proven, is an attractive approach. A miracle truly would always garner appreciation fully to my eyes 😁.

• I would say that high electron density isn't what constitutes an EVO but can generate conditions favorable for EVOs to self organize. One of multiple ways which EVOs may be able to induce nuclear reactions is due to their high electric charge due to their density of electrons around themselves. If a high density of electrons produces transmutations that doesn't absolutely mean an EVO was involved. However, I expect that when you suddenly produce spikes of electrons due to surface plasmons that the conditions are favorable for EVOs, even on the nano-scale, to form.

• United States Patent 10,566,094 February 18, 2020 is laser directed at metal hydride with smaller elements doing the real fusion. Hora's recent statement on their approach is two lasers with the net effect of driving hydrogen at boron ( a small element). In my pending patent I indicated that the fusion of small element should be possible by confinement of small elements which have been excited into weak interacting quantum states. The weak interacting quantum states of the target and projectile significantly lower the coulomb barrier.

• United States Patent 10,566,094 February 18, 2020 is laser directed at metal hydride with smaller elements doing the real fusion. Hora's recent statement on their approach is two lasers with the net effect of driving hydrogen at boron ( a small element). In my pending patent I indicated that the fusion of small element should be possible by confinement of small elements which have been excited into weak interacting quantum states. The weak interacting quantum states of the target and projectile significantly lower the coulomb barrier.

Warm fusion!

• A new USPTO Patent issued to Japanese university on LENR via cavitation --

United States Patent 10,590,966 March 17, 2020

Method for generating mechanical and electrochemical cavitation, method for changing geometric shape and electrochemical properties of substance surface, method for peeling off rare metal, mechanical and electrochemical cavitation generator, and method for generating nuclear fusion reaction of deuterium

Abstract

Provided are a method for generating mechanical and electrochemical cavitation, a method for changing the geometric shape and the electrochemical properties of a surface of a substance, a method for peeling off a rare metal using the generated mechanical and electrochemical cavitation, a mechanical and electrochemical cavitation generator, and a method for generating a nuclear fusion reaction of deuterium. In the method for generating mechanical and electrochemical cavitation, a water jet is jetted from a jetting nozzle immersed in water, and flow cavitation generated by the jetting of the water jet is irradiated with an ultrasonic wave to generate cavitation MFC having both a functional effect and an electrochemical effect.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi…,590,966&RS=PN/10,590,966

• Official Post

This is the kind of systems that is more of my interest alley right now as I am (Covid-19 alowing) soon to start some cavitation replications.

• From my knowledge most LENR is not table top fusion, even though it should be a real energy phenomina. This is some form of warm fusion if it checks out. Without many 100s of keV to multiple MeV outputs per reaction it just isn't primarily nuclear, period. When about ~100 keV down to 0.5 keV output per reaction shielding isn't a problem. Absorbed with thin sheets of heavy material.

• Instantaneous Production of Coherent Deuterons (Received September 14, 1992)

"It is possible to produce coherent deuterons by the incidence of coherent photons on solid

deuterium. The coherent deuterons, once produced, will fuse to release nuclear energy."

METHOD FOR ENHANCED NUCLEAR REACTIONS

US 20200090822 Mar. 19, 2020

Coherent nuclear fusion

"Nuclear fusion reaction is greatly enhanced by the coherent properties of bosons in its product. A simple model calculation yields an enhancement factor m2 for each coherent boson in its product. Explicit calculation is carried out for d+d→α+γ. Its coherent reaction rate is shown to increase as m4, where m is the number of coherent nuclear reactions among deuterons. The number m must be greater than a certain critical value before coherent nuclear fusions occur. Several decoherent effects need to be minimized so that the nuclear reaction can become coherent. Current technical levels for extreme ultraviolet lasers, ultrashort laser pulse, the strongest transient magnetic field and nanotechnology are found sufficient to construct the first nuclear coherent fusion experiment."

https://www.worldscientific.co…10.1142/S0217732319502316

• A new USPTO Patent Application from Industrial Heat --

United States Patent Application 20200129942 April 30, 2020

LOW COST PLATE REACTOR FOR EXOTHERMIC REACTIONS

Abstract

A low cost and versatile plate reactor is capable of producing exothermic reactions under a wide variety of conditions using a wide variety of materials. The reactor design can be used to test various combinations of materials and triggers for exothermic reactions quickly. The reactor design can be used for solid-state materials, wet-cells/electrolytic materials, plasmas, and gases. The design will work with nanoparticles, solid materials, materials plated to a reactor wall, heavy water, or other liquid materials, and gases.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…0129942&RS=DN/20200129942

• Official Post

I think it's just astroturfing. There are countless existing reactor designs, and quite honestly I see no point in patenting this particular one. especially if you have no intention or hope of selling them in quantity. It's not a exactly going to be as ubiquitous as a Wok is it? One consolation is that it's unlikely that anyone would want to challenge it on 'prior art' grounds, in fact it might be refused on the grounds of 'obviousness'. But that's just my opinion as a designer of quite a few reactors.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.