New USPTO Patent Applications

• Please all, this file from a former boss of French CEA, Dr Vigier who worked with the famous researcher Graneau.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…icle/pii/037596019291045S

http://www.ampere.cnrs.fr/hist…urants/force-obsolete/eng

http://rexresearch.com/vigier/vigier.htm

• Official Post

I really like this part- from the rexresearch link - very reminiscent of Mills Hydrinos...

" For him, it is a new form of hydrogen (comparable to pseudo neutrons) that is created in the structure of palladium. Compatibility with theoretical calculations, these hydrogen atoms occupy a considerably reduced volume compared to the "normal" atoms. The binding energy of the former is below 80 kV of the latter; the passage from one to the other is an exothermic reaction that would explain the excess heat. Once the small atoms are formed, one could then have fusion reactions with deuterium or lithium, which corresponds to the spurts sometimes observed (in Fusion review). These micro-thermonuclear explosions that occur have been verified by the team of YR Kucherov, AB Karabut and IB Savvatimova in Russia. Professor Vigier is among those who think that a real revolution is on our doorstep and that all countries with access to heavy water will be able to produce cheap energy in large quantities."

• Lou Pagnucco

I am beginning to doubt if you are human. You truly post the most interesting links here on this forum beyond a doubt now. Then you leave the most minimal response in your links.

How do you find such interesting topics (like all the damn time)? I am beginning to wonder now. I am spending my life wrong "me thinks."

Bet you think I am kidding? I am not. How are you scanning this much appropriate to the topic information? I do not understand. GiVe! how you do it please.

I see using uspto. I just do not get how it is being correlated. Some superhero I guess now.

• Hello Rigel,

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Actually, I spend most of my time tutoring math at coffee shops (and pubs).

I have been following LENR since Pons and Fleischmann, and saw that they were being attacked with religious fervor - they were receiving the same treatment as Galileo, when he challenged The Establishment. Human nature never changes.

Anyway, my bet is that LENR is likely real and that collective effects are involved. Handling QM, QED, QCD in condensed matter is pretty intractable - so I don't believe the official "refutations" are convincing. I also have met victims of the enforcers of scientific/political conformity - so I regard some of the attacks on LENR proponents as scurrilous.

I enjoy doing web searches on various areas in math, physics, and medicine - so I just spend a lot of time on it.

I don't comment too much on theories, but try to limit my postings to ones I find plausible.

- Cheers, LP

• Because you post patents (that I love) but very very little comment I thought you were queueing USPTO website. So I was just wondering how you were sorting (just me wondering how someone thinks). It is my nature.

I have made no secret that I live in the DC area. After all these years I have friends still working everywhere here. I have some close ones here and there. One is at USPTO.

I do not advocate LENR with my friends. So without "bible thumping" that I believe in Pd. Eventually after talking about kids, I get to a question "Is anyone suppressing LENR patents?" He had no idea even after I explained it to him. This is not being suppressed at the patent level. This is more BS. I really believe we need to be honest with each other. I research now all the time. But medicine requires too much thought so maybe when I am older ;)

You take care please. And if you have a good OT medical url put it in the playground. I will read it.

• This is not being suppressed at the patent level. This is more BS.

My impression is that if and when there is suppression it is now largely at the individual examiner level. Hot fusion biased examiners from the F-P days are now largely retired. There still may be some categorical "class" red flags at the USPTO, so that If an application avoids the titling and focusing terminology as "cold fusion", and if it does not loudly claim fusion per se, applications are now often accepted and patents effectively claiming LENR / CANR / CF are now granted. That is, there is a good chance to gain LENR patents through the USPTO today, if one is careful with claims and class title. (Longview not an patent agent nor patent attorney)

• Hello Rigel,

I regularly visit USPTO, arxiv.org, and several other physics websites. I would list some of the med/biotech ones here, but I still need to compile them. Since I am short on time right now, this will take a few days. Also, since it's off-topic, I'll email you them later.

• Official Post

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…1&s1=lenr&OS=lenr&RS=lenr

I have not seen this patent app filed June 2017, and updated Dec 2017, by Brian Roarty before. It has LENR literally spelled out all over it. Interesting new approach. Worth a read. In addition, he has some experiments to back it up:

Experiment Number 1

[0082] This experiment was an early attempt to operate a quartz nozzle and was essentially an effort to qualify the apparatus and to determine the parameters needed for proper operation. In this early implementation, the supply line did not have a valve. While heating the liquid in the priming unit and treating it with the protocol, a solid plug was inserted into the female end of the supply line to prevent steam from escaping. During the experiment, the inventor removed the plug, intending to replace it with a test nozzle, failing to notice that the fluid in the priming unit had risen above the boiling point and that the headspace was therefore pressurized. When the plug was removed, the treated liquid immediately began venting through the supply line. When it vented, the thermocouple at the end of the supply line recorded a temperature increase from 198.degree. C. to 450.degree. C. in less than sixty seconds. Photonic stimulation was being applied at that moment; however, the phenomenon observed in this experiment was repeated later without electrical and photonic stimuli being applied to the nozzle. These experiments established that stimulation of the fluid with those two stimuli in the nozzle was not necessary; priming the fluid as previously described herein was sufficient to enable the reaction in the nozzle under proper conditions. It is unlikely that the inventor would have ever deliberately tested under these conditions, so this is an interesting example of the potential benefits to be gained by mistakes. (Successful experiments are generally more satisfying, but we sometimes learn far more from failures than from successes.)

Experiment Number 2

[0083] This experiment was a test of a quartz nozzle built as described in this application, including the ultrasonic stimulation. The priming unit was pressurized to 7 PSI to drive the liquid through the feed line and into the nozzle. During the experiment, fluid was observed leaking from the Teflon wrapping around the nozzle. The experiment was terminated and the nozzle later examined. It was found that it had cracked into several small pieces between 8 and 9 mm upstream of the center line of the acoustic coupler. The quartz had been tested for stress with polarized light after the glassblower worked on it and none had been detected. A severe thermal gradient would appear to have caused the strain factor that cracked the quartz at that site. Curiously, no temperature increase in the nozzle was detected in this experiment; it may simply have been so brief that a thermocouple did not have time to respond to it or that the thermocouple had not been positioned where it would have detected that increase.

Experiment Number 3

[0084] This experiment was another test of a quartz nozzle built as described in this application, including the ultrasonic stimulation. The fluid F consisted of 30 ml of H.sub.2O, 24 ml of D.sub.2O, 0.190 gm TMA POSS, and 2.055 gm of Li.sub.2SO.sub.4. The priming unit was pressurized to approximately 9 PSI to drive the liquid through the feed line and into the nozzle. Distinct bursts of heat were recorded by a thermocouple placed on the outer wall of the nozzle at the throat. A datalog of the experiment is shown as FIG. 6. The fluid was initially passed through the nozzle without ultrasonic stimulation. That resulted in a period of temperature increases seen on the left side of the datalog. Next, the ultrasonic stimulation was added. That resulted in the steep temperature rise shown in the middle of the datalog. The ultrasonic stimulus was turned off and on three times to establish that it was causing the reaction observed, and the increases did, in fact, appear to be coincident with that stimulus. The baseline for the temperatures measured at the throat is approximately 113.degree. C. The maximum temperature recorded is 502.degree. C., as noted on the figure. The scan interval in this experiment was 2.5 seconds.

[0085] While the author of this application does not represent that the present embodiment of the invention is a working prototype of a phase change nozzle [1], he does assert that it is a prototype of a working prototype. Support for that assertion lies in the fact it demonstrates that the enabling exothermic reaction can be generated in the throat [3] of the nozzle [1] described herein, thus validating the operating principle of the nozzle [1] as described above.

[0086] Further, the author points to the results obtained in previous static experiments reported in the aforementioned '022 patent application. Electrodes used in those experiments were examined after testing by two different methods of elemental analysis, EDS and Auger analysis. Those examinations detected strong evidence of six different possible transmutation products of the ingredients of the system. Transmutation products imply a nuclear reaction, thus supporting the conclusion that the reaction taking place within the nozzle [1] during testing are also nuclear in nature, specifically, LENRs.

• its to bad that the coso gizmo was never duplicated and tested, we could have bin much farther along by now. Over complicating everything seems more fun then the simplest method to see the same results. This is very interesting if you dont let all the debunking stop you from theorizing what it can produce staying within the concept of the understood function of at least one component within the puzzle let alone all the components from the original composition dating analogy.

ya gotta love engineers, they over do everything.

• Official Post

We've been here before.

Hydrogen and oxygen battery, or hydrogen and oxygen to fire a combustion engine and/or for commerce https://www.google.co.uk/paten…YAhUnIcAKHQuXDMIQ6AEITjAF
    CA 2436299 A1

ABSTRACT
    The present invention is directed to a method of and an apparatus for the disassociation of water into hydrogen and oxygen via a thermolysis, heat/ignition process. The hydrogen and oxygen produced may be burned as fuel in a hydrogen thermolysis reactor to provide propellant for a turbine or to provide heat to generate steam for a steam engine or may be combusted in a combustion engine. The present invention can produce heat for space heat for buildings and for manufacturing, etc. or can produce mechanical drive that can generate electricity, power hydraulic systems, or provide thrust to propel airplanes, spaceships, rockets or submarines (which have their own oxygen supply for combustion in outer space or underwater from the oxygen contained in the water converted into hydrogen and oxygen) and can provide the energy needed to power automobiles, trucks, buses, trains, boats, etc. A

heat/ignition process is utilized to accomplish complete thermolysis and burning of water: A thermolysis coil located at the core of the hydrogen thermolysis reactor preheats the water under pressure until it reaches a temperature of approximately 2500 deg. F., without intense pressure the water would become gaseous; and, the water is heated by a resistance electrical current or by masers and/or by lasers before it is ejected from the coil and becomes heated to approximately 5000 deg. F. Most of the water will dissociate into hydrogen and oxygen within the liquid state due to extreme temperature and pressure, according to the Second Law of Thermodynamics; and, in the final step the water is ejected from the high-pressure, high-temperature thermolysis coil into a vacuum zone of negative-pressure and high-temperature created by a hydraulically operated vacuum turbine within the thermolysis nozzle and is transformed into fuel plasma containing atomic hydrogen and atomic oxygen. The plasma passes through an electric arc capable of temperatures up to 90,000 deg. F. or passes through laser beams capable of temperatures of up to one million deg. F, within the vacuum inside the thermolysis nozzle and the hydrogen and oxygen is further heated and is ignited by the electric arc or laser beams. The burning hydrogen and oxygen is diffused into the hydrogen thermolysis reactor's core by the vacuum turbine. A

self-sustained cycle is created because the hydrogen and oxygen (disassociated water) that burns provides the heat/energy to perform work, including the generation of electricity for the resistance electrical current or masers and/or lasers and electric arc or lasers, and to heat additional water in the thermolysis coil and enormous quantities of excess energy for any other useful purpose.

• Official Post

https://patents.google.com/pat…47488B1/en?oq=EP3047488B1

This is not a US patent, but a European one just granted to "Airbus Defence and Space GmbH". Even though they frequently mention LENR/LENR+ (Peter Glucks old term for high power), I do not see anything worth getting excited over. Applied for in 2016, so the preparation to file must have taken place during the Rossi era when LENR+ seemed close at hand. Rossi had prior to this been granted his "Fluid Heater" USPTO patent, that *could* use an LENR source, *if* one should ever be developed. Same idea here, as they claim:

"In summary, a power generating apparatus for generating heat energy by an exothermic reaction in the form of a metal grid nuclear-assisted hydrogen process is provided for providing an environment-friendly, suitable for the transport sector thermal energy source by the invention"

This also reminds me of "LENR Cars" recent patent app, for a car that will be able run off of LENR....when, or if LENR becomes commercially available. I do not see that happening anytime soon.

• sam12

I think the examination of the other European patent application(s) from Kotzias is supposed to start after mid-June.

https://register.epo.org/appli…160300&lng=en&tab=doclist

Voraussichtlicher Beginn der Sachprüfung

Aufgrund der derzeitigen Geschäftslage ist davon auszugehen, dass die Sachprüfung der o.g. Patentanmeldung voraussichtlich am oder nach dem 18.06.18 beginnen wird.

Falls die europäische Patentanmeldung zurückgenommen oder zurückgewiesen wird oder als zurückgenommen gilt, bevor die Sachprüfung begonnen hat, wird die Prüfungsgebühr in voller Höhe zurückerstattet (geänderter Art. 11 (a) GbO in Kraft ab 1. Juli 2016).

• New recent USPTO patent applications ---

THERMOPHOTOVOLTAIC ELECTRICAL POWER GENERATOR

United States Patent Application 20180159459 June 7, 2018
    Applicant: Brilliant Light Power
    http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…0159459&RS=DN/20180159459

A METHOD FOR USE IN POWER GENERATION AND AN ASSOCIATED APPARATUS

United States Patent Application 20180114604 April 26, 2018
    Applicant: Spallacatch

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…=dn%2F20180114604+&d=PG01

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.