My first cold fusion experiment

• My experimental device:

1 ) Reactor length: 350mm, inner diameter 30mm, wall thickness 5mm. The reactor is connected with the hydrogen cylinder, the argon gas cylinder and the pressure transmitter through the pipeline.

2 ) K Type thermocouples for temperature measurement, T1 measurement of furnace temperature, T2 measurement of reactor surface temperature, room temperature measurement.

3 )Heating system using 2KW resistance wire furnace and furnace temperature control instrument.

Recording temperature and pressure data using a recorder

4) 20g micron nickel powder

2G LiAlH4

1g Lithium

The experiment was carried out according to the method of MFMP.

Unfortunately, a few days of the experiment did not detect any abnormal heat.

Please give me some guidance and advice!

What size of nickel powder? Nickel powder is prepared by what method? How to deal with it?

Thank you for your valuable suggestions, I will continue to work hard to test, and gradually released on the forum.

• A few questions.

1) Did you take any measures to clean your nickel powder of oxides? Ultrasonic irradiation in a hydrocarbon slurry, etching with acid, reduction via hydrogen?

2) Did you vacuum your nickel under heat before the test began?

3) Did you attempt any pre-hydrogenation?

4) What brand was your LiAlH4? The quality of LiAlH4 varies dramatically! I've heard from multiple sources that Alfa Aesar 97% quality LiAlH4 seems to about the best unless you have the means to safely purify any brand of LiAlH4 into 99.9% purity like many scientists do in non-LENR chemistry experiments.

5) What was your heating rate between 100C and 225C? It shouldn't have exceeded 1C per minute, maximum. After that, it shouldn't have exceeded 5C per minute until around 700C.

6) Did you attempt to drop the temperature from around 700C to 300C and then increase the temperature back to 700C or higher as fast as possible? This is called a thermal shock and is one way to stimulate LENR.

• 1) more than 24 hours by hydrogen reduction of nickel powder, (I do not use ultrasonic and hydrocarbons, acid etching method etc.)

2) yes

3) I am using 1bar pressure hydrogen

4) LiAlH4 from Alfa Aesar

5) yes

6) no, the problem is that the heated reactor is particularly hot, it is not convenient to take the reactor out of the furnace and then quickly cool.

• 1) What was your temperature during hydrogen reduction of the nickel powder?

2) Are you sure during this period that the nickel was not exposed to atmospheric gases somehow leaking in?

3) Can you go higher than one bar of hydrogen pressure during pre-hydrogenation and reduction? If so, I'd recommend you go much higher if it is possible and safe.

4) Can you specify your heating rate between 100C and 225C? You simply answered, "yes" which is a bit confusing.

5) If you cannot let the nickel quickly cool, I'd still suggest you attempt thermal shocking.

6) What was the maximum temperature that was achieved in the furnace? In less than optimal situations, sometimes very high temperatures of 1200-1300C or higher have to be reached for significant excess heat to become apparent.

7) Are there any other facts you would like to share?

• 1) the hydrogen reduction temperature of nickel powder is between 200-400 C, at the beginning of the charging of 1bar pressure hydrogen after a period of about 340C or absorb hydrogen, and repeatedly add hydrogen many times, and sometimes hydrogen pressure close to 0.8MPA.

2) nickel powder is packed in vacuum argon filled, used in argon glove box operation, in the 1H and LiAlH4 mixed evenly into the reactor, and then to the reactor filled with argon and then vacuum. ,

3) try a higher pressure, the highest 0.8MPA.

4) I can ensure that the heating rate between 100-225 C is much lower than 1C per minute, I waited for 4 hours 100-225C

5) thank you for reminding me. I'll do it next time.

6) the upper limit of the furnace temperature is 1400C can only be a short time, so I heat up to 950C to maintain the maximum temperature of 4 hours 1050C4 hours, 1100-1200 maintained for about 3 hours, about 1310C 1 hours .

7) heating to 850-950C nickel will quickly release hydrogen and then quickly absorb hydrogen, continue to pressure reactor heating slowly down to the -90KPA container to become close to the vacuum environment, I try to add hydrogen and continue heating but not what abnormal heat generation.

• Titan - Your replication could not have come at a better time. I don't know if you are new here to Lenr-Forum (your new home I hope) but obviously you have a handle on what is trying to be done. It may take some time for people to contribute to help you as the word of a new replication will take some time to be spread. Folks will want to know your background, and where you got your materials how they were prepared etc. You may want to prepare a small paper on what you are trying and how you are trying it, more than the responding to each question using blurb approach. Once everyone has a basic understanding then simply point to this instead of responding often to changes in your build.

Providing more of a how-to of your specific recipe and your material suppliers each time requested but this is Just to save you some time. As above Mr. SS. :) is a good example of how people here want to help so I can promise you will get plenty of good honest help, ideas and occasional criticism. Please do not take any harsh words to heart. We all want you to succeed. I would recommend that you lay out and publish the plan so that as you get advice you can stick to one method at a time. And tick off what is not working.

tl;dr -> Expect requests for more data, write it down and then point to it.

• Do you know what size nickel powder would be better? How much is the diameter of nickel particles μm? Nickel powder from nickel powder or carbonyl nickel?

• Titan - Your replication could not have come at a better time. I don't know if you are new here to Lenr-Forum (your new home I hope) but obviously you have a handle on what is trying to be done. It may take some time for people to contribute to help you as the word of a new replication will take some time to be spread. Folks will want to know your background, and where you got your materials how they were prepared etc. You may want to prepare a small paper on what you are trying and how you are trying it, more than the responding to each question using blurb approach. Once everyone has a basic understanding then simply point to this instead of responding often to changes in your build.

Providing more of a how-to of your specific recipe and your material suppliers each time requested but this is Just to save you some time. As above Mr. SS. :) is a good example of how people here want to help so I can promise you will get plenty of good honest help, ideas and occasional criticism. Please do not take any harsh words to heart. We all want you to succeed. I would recommend that you lay out and publish the plan so that as you get advice you can stick to one method at a time. And tick off what is not working.

tl;dr -> Expect requests for more data, write it down and then point to it.

Thank you for your reply, I have been concerned about the LENR for many years, I used to visit this forum, although there has been no registration, but I am not Newcomer. I used to like to do a variety of chemical experiments, the recent free time so try to do some LENR related experiments.

• http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…-second-film-tom-conover/

IMHO, Wizkid gets good results(reactor meltdown) because he uses enriched/pure lithium 7, see highlighted item

• GS 5.4 Loading Fuel

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There is a rule in nanoplasmonics that the most power is produced by a wide size distribution in the size of the nickel particles. In other words, a mixture of a very small particle and a very large particle will produce the most EMF power.

If MFMP sees good results from this 10nm and 10 micron nickel particle mix, it might not be due to Ni62 usage alone, but solely to the very wide particle size distribution in the fuel mix.

For background, see

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1405/1405.1657.pdf

Plasmonics with a twist: taming optical tornadoes on the nanoscale

page 15

• This test should also be done AFTER the reactor run by placing the ash on a paper covering the film. The ash should be left on the film for at least 24 hours.

Leonid Urutskoev has performed this test on the ash from his exploding foil experiments and got "strange radiation".

http://condensed-plasmoids.com/images/urutskoev_track.jpg

The energy of the particles can be found by measuring the length of the path.

I beleive that these strange particles are excited Ultra Dense Hydrogen in the 2 GeV energy range.

These particle have been identified by Keith Fredericks as "monopole tachyons".

See Keith Fredericks blog site:

restframe.com

These particles also show coherent behavior (swarming).

IMHO, these particles are UDH based quasiparticles generating "monopole tachyons" reactions.

For background and more particle tracks from other experiments, see

http://condensed-plasmoids.com/history.html

• I have an opinion here. All commercially available (COTS) nickel powder comes in batches in a very limited size range. For example, we can buy 10 nanometer powder up to 10 micron powder. I have not seen a COTS powder come in a wide mixture of sizes. In LENR, using the widest range of sized in nickel powder is important.

In his patent, Rossi says that he preprocesses the COTS powder so that the COTS powder is transformed into a wide mix of sizes from 1 to 100 microns. It is my estimation that many smaller sizes are produced by this sintering based preprocessing but Rossi has never felt the inclination of documenting the very smallest particle fragments..

This randomization of nickel powder sizes is important because of the way nanoplasmonics works.

All open Rossi replications use COTS powder characterized by a very limited size range and I believe that this is way most replication that we know of have limited success.

There is a rule in nanoplasmonics that the most power is produced by a wide size distribution in the size of the nickel particles. In other words, a mixture of a very small particle and a very large particle will produce the most EMF power.

If a replicator wants to see good results, they are well advised to use the widest sized nickel particle mix.

For background on how particles work in nanoplasmonics, see

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1405/1405.1657.pdf

Plasmonics with a twist: taming optical tornadoes on the nanoscale

On page 15, the details about particle size range is discussed:

12.5. Molding the river of light in vortex nanogear transmissions

• Thank you for your book. I think it's inspiring. I'll keep on experimenting.

• Titan, please let us know if you are still reading this thread. I hope you are watching the live MFMP demo.

Please keep us up with info. We are rooting for you, and thinking about it.

Thank you. I'm looking at MFMP's presentation. But I found a problem, the use of MFMP nano nickel powder and micron Ni powder, I know nano nickel powder melting point of nickel powder is much lower than normal melting point probably only a few hundred degrees, so it will advance the melt, won't destroy the metal lattice?

• It's indeed possible: the surface tension of small grains poses high internal pressure to lattice, which decreases the melting point of metal.
    On the other hand, the saturation of hydrogen and internal pressure of lattice to its clusters should get higher too from the same reason.

• Thank you. I'm looking at MFMP's presentation. But I found a problem, the use of MFMP nano nickel powder and micron Ni powder, I know nano nickel powder melting point of nickel powder is much lower than normal melting point probably only a few hundred degrees, so it will advance the melt, won't destroy the metal lattice?

The melting temperature of nanopowder reaches that of bulk material when the particle size is above 50 nm.

See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melting-point_depression

Melting-point_depression

• Thank you. I'm looking at MFMP's presentation. But I found a problem, the use of MFMP nano nickel powder and micron Ni powder, I know nano nickel powder melting point of nickel powder is much lower than normal melting point probably only a few hundred degrees, so it will advance the melt, won't destroy the metal lattice?

We successfully recovered the fuel from the test cell on 14 Feb. under Argon cover. There was no sintering and the powder was still very finely divided and flowed freely into the storage vials. The color is still quite black like the QSI nano Ni, suggesting that the oxide layer was not fully reduced at the temperature used, up to ~400 C.

The fuel mix will be soaked 100+ hours at ~20 bar H2, 175 C to further reduce oxides and pre-load, then re-used in the next experiment (GS5.5). Some Nanoshel Li will be added. The null side will hold some LAH, enriched ~10% with LAD. The fuel capsules will be .998 Al2O3, so no metal will be in the cell other than what is in the fuel. The full temperature range will be explored.

I expect this experiment to begin around the second week of march.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.