My first cold fusion experiment

• Longview

Excellent question but one I have not needed to deal with yet, since I have not claimed excess heat beyond the larger bounds of measurement error.

The gas volume in my Glowstick cells is is only a few ccs, so the possible heat of recombination would not be significant compared to the other sources of measurement error. The pre-teatment phase happens at relatively low temperature, with a fuel mass of only one or two grams, so dissociation is not expected to have significant thermal effect.

• Official Post

Longview

My own view (and both system size and experimental data) coincide with that reported by magicsound, above. Since at least part of the hydrogenation process is carried out outside the reactor (fuel pre-processing) no energy accounting is carried out for this. When the experiments begin, the heat flow from dissociation of LiAlH4 etc and (perhaps) the oxidation of aluminium is generally visible as distinct but short-lived peaks, repeatable and predictable as to the temperature bands they occur in, their intensity and duration.

The 'zone of interest' in my own Ni/Li/H experiments is at temperatures around 650-700C +, and 3 or 4 hours in, (or longer -or never), long after the hydride dissociation/oxidation heat pulses are over.

You may not know that both MFMP and my own 'Lookingforheat' tests mostly use comparitive temperature measurement as a criterion of XSH, comparisons being based on closely matched and calibrated 'dummy fuel' control systems running at the same time and on the same electrical circuit as the test system. This makes life a little easier and obviates some of the need for complex calorimetry when used as a lab-rat device for fuel-testing.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.