Celani et al: Improved stability and performance of surface-modified Constantan wires, by chemical additions and unconventional geometrical structures.

• There's no systematic evidence at this point as far as I can tell that removing impurities from the surface of a substrate does anything beneficial. It seems to simply be an assumption that this is the case. It might be the opposite: that preparing a substrate by cleaning it will be partly or wholly detrimental.

Related to that i copied this from Peter's EGO-OUT blogs Comments section at 2017-02-20:

"Alan DeAngelis Andreas Moraitis
    a day ago

I was thinking about tetrahedral and octahedral nickel hydride complexes a few years ago on E-cat site. https://ecatsite.wordpress.com...

“ Ni(0) (metal) + 6 H2 (gas) > [NiH6]6- + 6 H+ (protons)

If I have this right, a set of six empty sp3d2 hybrid orbitals can be formed
    on the nickel by mixing 4s, 4p and 4d orbitals and then the lone pairs of
    electrons of the hydrides could fill them to form the octahedral complex
    [NiH6]6-.”

And
    “Ni(0) (metal) + 4 H2 (gas) > [NiH4]4- + 4 H+ (protons)

Could also have a set of four empty sp3 hybrid orbitals form on the nickel and then the lone pairs of electrons of the hydrides could fill them to form the tetrahedral complex [NiH4]4-.”

Another thread here also suggested that NiO instead of very pure Ni would be useful material for LENR. (I suppose no-one of the members of this forum did try this ever but ...):

"LENR as entertainment
        ogfusionist
    Jul 10th 2015

The experiment was to check the stability of nickelous oxide paint in hydrogen at 1000 C. I was asked by management to verify that the material would maintain color as a ceramic paint. My Variac/transformer would just meet this requirement. At 830 C. thermal run away occurred and the tube housing the alumina FiberFrax/NiO melted. I now realize that what had occurred was simply hydrogen fusion. Gas chromatography indicated a small increase in helium after flow through the operating reactor.

After 50 years this fusion it's still inconclusive because of the focus on nickel with various impurity levels leading to trial and error results. Instead nickelous oxide suspension on alumina fiberfrax will give very good repeat ability. The NiO particles must be submicron in size.

All my posts are on this forum."

• Official Post

Following ISCMNS workshop in Asti there is some slides by Celani&al on researchgate

https://www.researchgate.net/p…7f7dde8&showFulltext=true

I consider NiH experimentators should read it as it propose many direction for impurities that trigger LENR and for correlated symptoms (Zener effect) with LENR...

• Celani is absurd. He has never implemented the most obvious suggestion made by me years ago and by others on Vortex: USE MORE F'N WIRES with the same heater wire. Get more output from the same input. You don't need magicalmanipulations. if the wires work, which I am pretty sure they don't and never had. See also the MFMP forums about this issue.

• Celani is absurd. He has never implemented the most obvious suggestion made by me years ago and by others on Vortex: USE MORE F'N WIRES with the same heater wire. Get more output from the same input. You don't need magicalmanipulations. if the wires work, which I am pretty sure they don't and never had. See also the MFMP forums about this issue.

Gosh, you missed it again!

This is exactly what he did, from 1 wire to 4 wires, and on top of other improvements he succeeded to increase the "COP" from 1.2 to ~2. Go to slide 27 of the presentation linked above.

• JulianBianchi

Sorry, all I see is a PDF document. The pages are not numbered but there are only 12. The writing is as cryptic and undecipherable as ever. I have no idea what he did except that for some reason he tied knots in the wires. He mentions three wires but they seem to have different functions. What did I miss? Where are the slides?

• Yikes, thanks. I'll report back later.

Seems like you're a very slow reader Mary. I'd get cracking on it, otherwise people might start to think you're FoS.

In fact, I'm sure the entire forum is waiting to be enlightened by your insightful and well-reasoned comments on the topic.

• I browsed it and it seems to me Celani's extremely long and mostly uninformative report does NOT say he used multiple wires to increase output. It says he tied knots in the wire or wires. God knows why. Celani is singularly unimpressive and I hate to waste time with him. He still failed to do the one extremely obvious thing which would have improved his results... if they are real... which I very much doubt. I was going to go back and read the end of the paper with more care but I have decided it is not worth the time, like many things LENR.

Your sarcasm is hardly appropriate since you seem to always misinterpret what you read... assuming you read it at all instead of just excreting your uninformed opinion about it.

• I browsed it and it seems to me Celani's extremely long and mostly uninformative report does NOT say he used multiple wires to increase output.

How moronic. It says exactly the opposite ...A classic example of commenting on something you haven't bothered to read.

Your sarcasm is hardly appropriate since you seem to always misinterpret what you read... assuming you read it at all instead of just excreting your uninformed opinion about it.

Hahahaaar, really? Sounds more like your M.O. to me.

Figure 27

We observed that the new set-up (2016 Vs 2017), featuring 4 times more knots and twice the surface of constantan wires, is about 30% more efficient on AHE emission. For instance, supposing valid the power emitted combining the Stefan-Boltzmann law (proportional to T^4) and Newton dissipation (at 10 W*K*m2), at 70 W of electric input power, the thermal power emitted are respectively 115 W and 150 W, using as gas a mixture of Xe and D2 at 0.1 bar of pressure: shown in Fig.6.

OK, so this is the contents of slide 27. Do you Zeus, with your obviously superior powers of observation (ROTFWL) see a mention of added wires? Apparently Celani KNOTTED the wires. Perhaps he will tell you why!

BTW, thanks for making my point for me about your,,, uh... deficiencies.

• We observed that the new set-up (2016 Vs 2017), featuring 4 times more knots and twice the surface of constantan wires, is about 30% more efficient on AHE emission. For instance, supposing valid the power emitted combining the Stefan-Boltzmann law (proportional to T^4) and Newton dissipation (at 10 W*K*m2), at 70 W of electric input power, the thermal power emitted are respectively 115 W and 150 W, using as gas a mixture of Xe and D2 at 0.1 bar of pressure: shown in Fig.6.

OK, so this is the contents of slide 27. Do you Zeus, with your obviously superior powers of observation (ROTFWL) see a mention of added wires? Apparently Celani KNOTTED the wires. Perhaps he will tell you why!

Pffft... No it isn't. Need more spoonfeeding? How embarrassing. I imagine you'll be feeling pretty dumb when you realise:

(a) your mistake,

(b) this is further hard proof of your inability to fully read a document that you choose to comment on.

Truly laughable. You really are a parody of yourself.

• Apparently Celani KNOTTED the wires.

Yes, he did. Surely this increases the amount of wire and surface area, just as adding another wire would do? For some reason he thinks that the knots themselves enhance the reaction, but whether they do or not, they must increase the length of wire compared to wires with no knots.

• Come on Jed, Celani both knotted the wires (old news) and increased the count. Don't get swallowed by the cretinous hole Yugo is digging for himself.

And as an aside, this is why I know Yugo is lying when he says things like:

What could be more interesting than a whole new source of clean energy for the world?... ...I would love for LENR to be true. What could be more interesting?

Because he isn't even "interested" enough to read a 35 page document written in large text. Despite several people telling him it contains reference to a long-term supposed "interest" of his: Celani increasing his wire count.

It's pathetic.

• Actually, the information was NOT in figure 27 as alleged. There are comments elsewhere in the disorganized and incoherent paper about using 4 wires. Still not enough wires. The so-called paper has as at least a many typos as Maine has ticks but to be fair, some seem to be translation issues. If they get that squared away, maybe it will get more respect.

ETA: actually seems to be a lot of missed characters somewhere along the line, at least on my screen. Example:

Jed: I was thinking and had suggested a geometry where ten, twenty or more wires were arranged around and close to a single central heating wire, minimizing the heater power and GREATLY increasing the output power, possibly to the level of self sustenance. I also thought calorimetry not dependent on measurement of mainly the radiated component of the heat produced would be much better.

• Excellent Mary, as I said before, I was waiting to be enlightened by your insightful and rational comments on Celani's work - and you've gone one step further and even spell-checked it. A great example of the true nature of your "interest" in the field I feel.

I guess we'll just have to take your word about there being "not enough wires" seeing as how you neglected to justify it with even a single syllable of argument. No doubt it would just have exposed another example of you 'moving the goalposts'... But let's gloss over that fact, as it seems we should probably celebrate you finishing a LENR paper without complaining that the graphs were too complicated for you to understand.

Another minor niggle:

Actually, the information was NOT in figure 27 as alleged

No-one said anything about figure 27.

Go to slide 27 of the presentation linked above.

Where you would have found details of what you were looking for (See, your reading comprehension really is severely lacking). There's also more on slide 21, in case you neglected to read that too.

• Slide 27 is of course what I meant.

See anything about an additional quantity of wires here? (well deserved Invective omitted out of courtesy to admins)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.