• New update. At first read, it did not impress me in the least.

Shane D. : There are two updates: The second one handles the hydrino analysis and is quite interesting. (The first one shows some important improvements in the SUN-CELL design!)

https://www.brilliantlightpowe…Pt2-Analytical-080618.pdf

As you might know Mills could collect "wires" of magnetic hydrogen H* which could be hydrinos or anything similar we know since Santillis experiments with the same method (high current).

The problem with some measurements Mills did, is that they change the state of the collected material again and we cannot say that it is different from his old gas phase measurements. He also did see clusters of n * H2, 2H?? 2H* ?? which can't be distinguished!

But one thing we can guarantee: Mills was able to collect a magnetically collapsed form of hydrogen and to measure some interesting properties.

Santilli did this too - a long time ago and was thereafter banned by the physics mafia. Now it is up to prove the physical model behind the measurements.

There is progress!

• Official Post

First MFMP, then Rossi, now BLP.... we should extract the facts, even if they may hurt:

LENR is not possible.

lobseRV,

That was just my opinion. Others may read the new update and come to a different conclusion. I did however read through it again just to make sure, and still conclude Mills is a long, long way from commercialization. You can read even more between the lines if one were so inclined. Strictly my opinion, but I think this comment from the BLP 2nd Qtr update, may have something to do with this shift in tone in the 3rd Qtr:

Between October and February, Columbia Tech (CT) was tasked with
    the goal of mastering continuous injection and ignition with the
    carbon-domed SunCell® design for thermal photovoltaic (PV)
    conversion.
    • CT made some incremental changes to improve the electromagnetic
    (EM) pump by adding more cooling and current leads, but were not
    able to achieve SunCell® operation goals since the changes caused
    an opposite deleterious effect on the ability melt the silver. The
    cooling resulted in EM pump melting through before the silver in the
    cell could be melted.
    • The basic problem was that opposite temperature extremes were
    required of parts in very close proximity.
    • We shifted priorities to an advanced design that solved the flaws.
    We also adopted the use low-melting-point metals to eliminate the
    heating challenges to rapidly test new systems using simple
    mechanical pumps.

Think what you may about BrLP, Rossi, and MFMP, but as far as I am concerned, they are just side shows to the real science taking place in reputable labs around the world. Well, actually I do not lump MFMP in with the other two. They do serve a valuable role in the field, and have my respect. In addition, they are not in it for the money like the others, nor looking for fame and glory. All they care about is saving the planet.

• Shane D.

I won't waste my time following BrLP anymore.

On the contrary, dear Shane D. , you should follow the story to learn why and how you failed in that you believed Mills in the first place. Same with Rossi. Both have classical records filled with the hallmarks of prevarication and the pretense to be on the threshold of great things, claimed for years or decades, with the intent of getting investor money, and with no convincing evidence of any concrete accomplishments.

• Well, actually I do not lump MFMP in with the other two. They do serve a valuable role in the field, and have my respect. In addition, they are not in it for the money like the others, nor looking for fame and glory. All they care about is saving the planet.

How do you know for sure?

(Or are you just ironic now about “selfless world saviors”?)

• Official Post

How do you know for sure?

(Or are you just ironic now about “selfless world saviors”?)

Because they have spent a lot of money out of their pockets, and volunteered their time...that is why I know. Now let us stick to BrLP, and stop lumping Rossi, LENR, and MFMP in with them. No problem talking about them, but all are so different from each other as to their motives, skills, history, and goals, they each deserve their own discussion.

And just because their 3rd update comes across as a retrenchment, does not mean they are a scam, or about to fold. One thing that caught my attention, was Mills hosting a military open house in October. Maybe he has something, but realizes he has reached the end of his funding, or abilities to finish the R/D himself.

He does have his lab up for sale (FSBO), and that seems to indicate the money is running out. With an outside vendor (CT) failing to get the SunCell up and running, finding new investors will be difficult. But the military has deep pockets, and may be enticed to help him get it done. That said, IMO we will not being seeing a product anytime soon.

• Official Post

Max,

I read about it on "InternationalSkeptics forum", and verified it being ForSaleByOwner (FSBO). The lab has 2 addresses for some reason: 493 Trenton Rd., Cranbury, N.J/ 493 Edinburg Rd., East Windsor, NJ. The building is owned by Black Light Power Real Estate. It's sole owner is Mills. He bought it in 1998 for $2 million, and has it up for $5 million. I would not make too much of it, as FSBO often means the seller is semi-committed to selling. Still though, it is not very reassuring.

• Official Post

Max,

I read about it on "InternationalSkeptics forum", and verified it being ForSaleByOwner (FSBO). The lab has 2 addresses for some reason: 493 Trenton Rd., Cranbury, N.J/ 493 Edinburg Rd., East Windsor, NJ. The building is owned by Black Light Power Real Estate. It's sole owner is Mills. He bought it in 1998 for $2 million, and has it up for $5 million. I would not make too much of it, as FSBO often means the seller is semi-committed to selling. Still though, it is not very reassuring.

It is possible Mills is hoping to sell the building and then continue as a tenant (called 'sale and lease back' in the UK) to free up a some cash. Often a far from good sign in the retail trade, where it has become quite common as a preparation for 'administration' - roughly the same as 'Chapter 11' in the USA.

• there is one thing that I don't like about the sales pitch of these overunity developers is misleading sales BS that fools me. I hate being fooled. But Mills has done that to me in his SunCell sales pitch.

As the SunCell sales story goes, the key physical property of the SunCell is its ability to produce light like the Sun. This ultra high energy light was to be converted to electric power by solar cells. But the light was so powerful it was way too high in its frequency being mostly XUV. No solar cell could convert that type of highly potent light into electric power. That XUV light was so energetic that it produced megawatts of photonic power. All that Mills had to do to make the SunCell a commercial success was to engineer some method to convert that megawatts of light power into electric power.

But as it turns out, that high powered XUV spectrum of light only persists for mere seconds before the XUV light is downshifted by silver vapor to an ordinary visible light spectrum. This Mills sales pitch based on high energy invisible black light was invalid and Mills knew it. The term that Mills uses to describe this downshifting process is "the plasma gets dense". His initial engineering designs that were based on the XUV spectrum were all fantasies. Ovr time, Mills has had to change his designs in any number of ways to try to make use of the light energy profile that he is actually producing. Touting the XUV spectrum in the sales pitch is disingenuous. I would have like to have seen a detailed description of the REAL plasma spectrum based on the real silver vapor plasma ionization level. And an explanation of how that spectrum has come to be formed. As it now stands, I hate being fooled.

• "The building is owned by Black Light Power Real Estate. It's sole owner is Mills. He bought it in 1998 for $2 million, and has it up for $5 million" !

Who is plagarizing who's playbook here. Rossi take his money and purchases condo real estate and Mills starts a Reality Company. Crazy.

If either Rossi or Mills had anything close to what they publicly state AND it was verified by indepent, competent replication, they would have cash investors lining up with thier check books open.

Evidently they do not have people lining up thus evidently they do not have anything? :/

Because they have spent a lot of money out of their pockets, and volunteered their time...that is why I know... No problem talking about them, but all are so different from each other as to their motives, skills, history, and goals, they each deserve their own discussion.

How can you assert that without qualification? How in the world would you know much about any of those qualities in any of those people. Do you speak with and visit them with regularity? Do you read and understand all their technical papers? Do you evaluate all their old promises and whether a single one of the ambitious ones about significant power extraction from hydrinos or LENR ever came true?

there is one thing that I don't like about the sales pitch of these overunity developers is misleading sales BS that fools me. I hate being fooled. But Mills has done that to me in his SunCell sales pitch

For once I agree with axil . Mills said twenty years ago that a full scale power generating station was just around the corner-- two or three years maybe. And he has been making that claims for two decades.

If either Rossi or Mills had anything close to what they publicly state AND it was verified by indepent, competent replication, they would have cash investors lining up with thier check books open.

Evidently they do not have people lining up thus evidently they do not have anything? :/

That is exactly right. If either Mills or Rossi or anyone else had pervasive and convincing evidence that their method could generate cheap energy, they would be swamped with investors. They would not have to make grandiose promises for years and years, backed up by only vague, equivocal and mostly misleading demonstrations and sales talk.

• Just to remind you: The next goal of ITER (with 10+ spoiled Billions..) is to maintain a plasma for 1 second. Mills had a self sustained hydrogen plasma for roughly a minute on a table.

The main problem is that Mills for a long time did not understand what really happens inside the SUN-CELL. To make engineering decision based on a "unknown" process was just outrageous. In bis new design he made some crucial changes, which point me to believe, that he now has a better picture of what really happens. But a lot of money has gone down the river.

I would not at all write him off. He will certainly deliver a "reactor" to produce heat. But only if he is able to focus his thinking on finishing the engineering.

Mills had a self sustained hydrogen plasma for roughly a minute on a table

Or so he says and so you believe.

He will certainly deliver a "reactor" to produce heat.

Other than what Mills himself, or his close associates and paid-by-Mills university colleagues have predicted, what makes this a certainty to you? After all, he has been promising it going on probably thirty years and other than in his own estimation, has never even come close. It's been just around the corner for decades, according to Mills. I suppose by a "reactor" to produce heat, you don't mean an electrical (Joule) heater but that is all he seems to have produced thus far-- a whopping large one.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.