• Official Post

It may not seem like much but it's a harbinger of future development that may make things a lot easier. I think.

https://brilliantlightpower.co…ion-and-ignition-systems/

Well, highly efficient MHD plasma to electricity conversion might be something amazing and science fiction like for some, but for me is very old news and even many of the conversion difficulties and velocity issues mentioned in the paper that is linked in the ppt (which is the most interesting part of the ppt, but I had already downloaded a weeks ago) are known from the 1970s so I am hardly impressed by that aspect of the work. Of course It is a crafty and neat engineering lab gadget, no doubts, but the elephant in the room is how much energy does it consume to produce the plasma. I haven’t been able to gather that from the paper and without that key part of the data the work is not impressive. It is said in the introduction that the energy output of the plasma is 250 times the energy input to form it, and this is said as if would be a proven fact but that’s where lies the whole controversy, If this gadget is capable of that, there is no way to tell from the data provided.

• Well, highly efficient MHD plasma to electricity conversion might be something amazing and science fiction like for some, but for me is very old news and even many of the conversion difficulties and velocity issues mentioned in the paper that is linked in the ppt (which is the most interesting part of the ppt, but I had already downloaded a weeks ago) are known from the 1970s so I am hardly impressed by that aspect of the work. Of course It is a crafty and neat engineering lab gadget, no doubts, but the elephant in the room is how much energy does it consume to produce the plasma. I haven’t been able to gather that from the paper and without that key part of the data the work is not impressive. It is said in the introduction that the energy output of the plasma is 250 times the energy input to form it, and this is said as if would be a proven fact but that’s where lies the whole controversy, If this gadget is capable of that, there is no way to tell from the data provided.

With the submerged Suncell in the water tank we could roughly deduce the energy output. But we weren't informed of the energy input, or the hydrogen gas input.

With this quartz container iteration, we don't know input and we don't know output. But with this incarnation it seems that water in ordinary air is being used for fuel, and the plasma environment is also just ordinary air. Given it is indeed producing excess energy, this is quite amazing.

• Official Post

With the submerged Suncell in the water tank we could roughly deduce the energy output. But we weren't informed of the energy input, or the hydrogen gas input.

With this quartz container iteration, we don't know input and we don't know output. But with this incarnation it seems that water in ordinary air is being used for fuel, and the plasma environment is also just ordinary air. Given it is indeed producing excess energy, this is quite amazing.

How can you say that if you admit we are not given the data for supporting that affirmation?

MHD electricity conversion is a known topic, it was researched for direct heat to electricity conversion for many years, AFAIK its pursue was never stopped but it was deemed too strategic (it was even subject to secrecy of inventions act, and there’s no way to know if it still is) so probably was further researched under wraps and we won’t know easily. In that sense, this part of BLP’s research is interesting and one thinks it is a nice civilian rebirth of the seemingly abandoned MHD hot plasma to electricity research.

But MHD is not magic, it requires something producing the energy to accelerate the plasma to convert its kinetic energy to electricity. This is what we are not being told, what is the value of the energy input to create the plasma, and it is the more important part because, and there’s no way around telling this, because with an alleged COP of 250, you don’t need “frigging” MHD at all for generating an energy revolution.

• Official Post

The numbers I have, are that a little went in, and a lot came out. Hope that helps. :)

Shane D. , that is very nice to hear, but we had many people saying the same about other system, even with “independent reports” and a COP 60, and we all know how that “ended”. Now I am not accusing BLP of fakery, but without them being able or willing to produce the only piece of information that might help one get behind them, I can hardly be able to keep interested or recommend others to keep interested in this research. Mind that I have been reading similar claims from BLP for over 16 years, so you have to understand my lack of enthusiasm.

• Official Post

Seriously. BLP has always relied on investor money to stay afloat. With the money comes restrictions. They do not have the luxury of playing open science, so that everyone can copy them. Under the circumstances, it would be understandable if they were to remain totally silent. Instead, to their credit, they have gone through the effort of publishing their many validations over the years.

And I dare any of you to commission as many independent studies of your experiment, or pet theory, as BLP, and have all, if not most conclude the theory and results are legitimate. Or maintain a highly experienced team for years...all of whom could easily get another job at better salary elsewhere, while peddling a fake science, and fake technology.

• Official Post

Seriously. BLP has always relied on investor money to stay afloat. With the money comes restrictions. They do not have the luxury of playing open science, so that everyone can copy them. Under the circumstances, it would be understandable if they were to remain totally silent. Instead, to their credit, they have gone through the effort of publishing their many validations over the years.

And I dare any of you to commission as many independent studies of your experiment, or pet theory, as BLP, and have all, if not most conclude the theory and results are legitimate. Or maintain a highly experienced team for years...all of whom could easily get another job at better salary elsewhere, while peddling a fake science, and fake technology.

All very sensible arguments, I reckon once again,?and I have said this some times already, I am hoping them the best, but let me know when we can all get our watts from a suncell and I will get to work for it’s wide acceptance. Meanwhile all I can do is wish them the best as what they are allowed to say to us, is all very interesting, but also inconclusive.

• Official Post

It may not seem like much but it's a harbinger of future development that may make things a lot easier. I think.

https://brilliantlightpower.co…ion-and-ignition-systems/

You forgot to mention this was a brand new (Sept. 20) video. The last one came out yesterday (19th), so they are pumping them out at a fast rate now:

FIRST TRIAL OF SUNCELL® WITH 60 HZ INDUCTION IGNITION SYSTEM

A slanted-electrodes, photovoltaic-window design SunCell® with one electromagnetic pump injector electrode and a pedestal counter electrode with a connecting jumper cable between them. The molten metal injector comprising an DC-type electromagnetic pump, pumped a Galinstan stream that connected with the pedestal counter electrode to close a current loop comprising the stream, the EM pump reservoir, and the jumper cable connected at each end to the corresponding electrode bus bar and passing through a 60 Hz transformer primary. The loop served as a shorted secondary to the 60 Hz transformer primary. The induced current in the secondary maintained a plasma in atmospheric air comprising some water vapor at low power consumption

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There's little or nothing for competitors to steal! The concept of utilizing the negative resistance of an electric discharge to produce a complex space charge configuration which is capable of producing excess energy via several possible processes is simple. BLP is only utilizing on variation which involves molten metal and water as a hydrogen source and catalyst. If a competitor wanted to steal their tech and make a clone of the Suncell, they could do so in a heart beat. In my opinion, the only reason BLP has not revealed DATA from these experiments is that they don't want to get too many people interested in what they have. Just imagine if the world really started getting interested in what they are doing. Overnight there would be a hundred different companies building a wide array of configurations.

Personally, I'm sick of these videos. What they need to reveal is data! If they only put in a little energy and got a lot out they need to post numbers. But I don't think they will because doing so would attract too much attention. This is the same Inventors Syndrome that Patterson had. He was terrified of competitors taking his technology too seriously so he made his demonstrations as pathetic as possible. Their only purpose was to attract a select few investors. If he had performed serious demonstrations, he could have faced many people copying his work and becoming only a multi-millionaire instead of a billionaire. In my opinion, BLP needs to post the data. Not doing so is a travesty against the world.

• @Director I appreciate you think the world needs clean energy, and it does. But this is off-base and unfair - and needs to be corrected.

There are people on this board who bash (either openly or passively) Mills - but that's because they don't understand him or his work - I can pull up the quotes - and you are the LENR group - so open minded. What about the wider scientific community? I see the same thing as Galileo here - virtual house arrest. He is 9 miles from Princeton, think about how many invited talks he has given here. THAT IS A TRAVESTY.

If he did not discover a new way of looking at atomic theory (published 1990s) all of science would have been left in the dark for maybe another 100 years. You just don't realize how right he is yet. Forget energy GUTCP was a massive contribution to physics and chemistry likes of which we have not seen in a long, long, time. Is it the final and complete theory, time will tell.

BLP has been FAR TOO open about its efforts. If they were to release more data it will show excess energy, duh, how is that going to HELP the world? If they provide more details on the experiments and how to reproduce them, that would actually be absolutely inacceptable in any corporation and a reason to fire the CEO. They are skating a thin line. How many of the design plans of iPHone 1.0 did Steve Jobs release in October 2016? Dr. Mills would be fired from Apple for being way too transparent. See how one's perspective can completely shift any issue? My perspective, he has already made contributions to science in an open manner the likes of which occur once every hundred years. The rest is commercial business.

• Official Post

As I say, I hope him the best. Please do tell me when a suncell is available for leasing and I will badger my electric company to go lease one.

• If he did not discover a new way of looking at atomic theory (published 1990s) all of science would have been left in the dark for maybe another 100 years. You just don't realize how right he is yet. Forget energy GUTCP was a massive contribution to physics and chemistry likes of which we have not seen in a long, long, time. Is it the final and complete theory, time will tell.

I agree that Mills did a gigantic and extremely well documented stockpile of theoretical work. I said many times that he was the most brilliant of the last century and it is up to us to walk through the door he just opened.

The problem is that all enemies only look at the mistakes and never will honor the contributions. Of course Mills is human and as a such he made some errors but what?

CERN invented particles like quarks (that are dense matter resonances only - like most hydrinos) and did mislead the world for more than 40 years now just to get more budget and a bigger toy to play around. Theories were invented to support the nonsensical exchange particles model that are simple mind-farts of a screwed up generation of religious physicists. The same holds for ITER style fusion!

The wake up call for more than 100000 physicists getting money out of work related with nonsensical models/experiments will be brutal. And Mills was just the one that opened the door one step wide - enough for finding SO(4) physics.

• I don't think I'm being unfair at all. If the Suncell works as he claims which I believe is most probably true, then he needs to post data. By not posting data, he is playing a game of wanting to attract some attention but not wanting the world to truly accept his technology as legitimate.

When it comes to his theory, I suspect he has some elements correct and some elements wrong. For example, according to his theory if you read the latest version of it he claims that LENR is virtually impossible. Yet in a broad range of experiments we see LENR does indeed take place. Most importantly, in many experiments which would have conditions very similar to those in his devices we see transmutations, anomalous excess heat far beyond what would be possible if the hydrino reaction was the only energy source, strange radiation, and a broad array of anomalies.

If they were to release the data from their experiments it may at least help convince more people that truly anomalous sources of energy exist. By the way, they don't have to provide any details on how to reproduce their experiments. The basic concept they are using is simple. Anyone with a lab and the skins could not only build a replication but could also utilize the concept of utilizing the negative resistance regime to build a hundred different devices. I'm convinced that if you build a device, evacuate the atmosphere, put in the proper gases, achieve the negative resistance regime, and then tune it into resonance you will produce excess heat. They don't need to release any more information for people to do this. What we do need is for people and scientists around the world to at least believe that exotic technologies are not all hoaxes and frauds. If he would release the data from these experiments, it would help convince people that he does indeed have a world changing technology.

• @Director Convincing the world of anything is a matter of marketing, not science.

If we really wanted to end quantum mechanics we could make spreadsheets with calculations and python programs that do useful things - and then distribute them widely. I'm game for something like that - I haven't found a single person up for that - and I've reached out to many young PH.Ds.

Finally, we may misperceive there is a receptive audience ready to do something. Most people don't travel too far from their established careers and work once past say age 25. The good "normal" people are all busy. So it is for the rare innovators (1% of population) - and the few dedicated to the truth - to pay attention.

• Convincing the world of something is a big mix. Yes, marketing is one aspect. But hard scientific data that can be reproduced to produce significant and obvious results goes a long way.

• If we really wanted to end quantum mechanics we could make spreadsheets with calculations and python programs that do useful things - and then distribute them widely.

This is where brilliant minds are close to madness. QM is just fine as an engineering tool for chemistry at "binding energy" deltas of less than 0.1eV. Here the relative error is small.

Using QM/QED for dense matter is just nuts. 90 years of no results are the best proof and we now (not because of Mills work) can explain in detail why it is fringe science.

Even more nuts is discussing about Schrödingers cat and QM being fundamental, without giving any relation to anything fundamental like e.g. the proton magnetic moment.

• Official Post

This is a much more complex issue. On general terms and much beyond the acceptance of any particular theory and its potential applications, I think that convincing the majority is a moot point, we need to convince policy makers, and more than that, the people who policy makers pay attention to for making their decisions, who normally are or go by formally academically recognized and laureate experts opinions. In the case of Mills, those opinions are generally dismissive if not plain antagonic.

Then there’s the not easy to aboard and hairy issue of the vested interests. There are laureate and expert opinions that are and will continue to be ignored because they are against existing interests. One Can wildly speculate if this is the case in general against the acceptance of energy scarcity paradigm challenging theories as Mills’s and others’s. But then we land in conspiralandia and that is a subject we do not encourage in LENR-forum and has a dedicated place for being discussed (“the playground” thread).

• Despite Mills being a real scientist and not a scammer, unfortunately in my mind Mills and Rossi are acting similarly at this point, in that if their effects/machines work as efficiently as they say, it should be a no brainer to set up a well designed experiment to prove that fact and prove it to the world. Everything would change in terms of mainstream acceptance. I'm afraid the only reason Mills has not done this yet is he has not been able to do so. Why, I don't know. Is it purely an engineering problem? Error in his theory? This idea that it is to avoid too much attention, hide IP, etc is TOTAL BS at this point. The company needs credibility and soon or it is going under.

The other less pleasant theory is that he in essence has become in denial or a scammer over time, when he couldn't get it to work. Many scams like Madoff start off as real endeavors, then things go awry and the perpetrator feels the pressure to keep it going in any way possible. I ask once again, what happened to hydrino's in a bottle? A claim that went away? Very Rossi like. I am hoping I am wrong with these fears, as I do believe MIlls has a chance unlike Rossi (unless he copies someone else).

• Mills made it clear in one of his videos from a couple years ago that the huge breakthrough that allowed them to produce high energy output was the utilization of the negative resistance regime where the current to voltage relationship is flip flopped. He didn't use the word negative resistance but he described the phenomena. According to him, it made the hydrino formation process go from self limiting to self reinforcing. His previous systems worked but the output was limited. With the Suncell, the output can actually climb so high it destroys the reactor. I believe that the reason that he doesn't post details and data from his recent tests is that it would show an enormous output that would convince too many competitors that his technology is real. Then he'd have a hundred different parties attempting to copy him.

The whole issue is that the technology is SIMPLE. This goes for the E-Cat SK and SAFIRE as well. Any group with a modest amount of funding, a small lab, and qualified engineers can reproduce these results.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.