• This is similar to Patterson who desired to raise awareness among certain investors but didn't want to provide evidence strong enough to make major competitors start reproducing his technology.

Yes, he did. He and Redding told me that in person. I thought it was one of the most stupid business strategies I ever heard. I still think so. You cannot calibrate a presentation or evidence to make it just appealing enough for your target, but not so appealing that it will stir up interest by other people. The incident reminded me of a family story. Back in the 1950s, a grocery store near our house held a contest for "best sales slogan." There were three prizes: a trip to Europe, a television, and a $50 savings bond. We did not have a television. My brother was maybe 8 years old. He was sitting at the table thinking long and hard about what to write. My mother asked, "Are you having trouble coming up with something?" He explained yes, he wanted to come up with a slogan that was pretty good, but not great, because he didn't want to go to Europe. He wanted a television. His entry had to be second-best.

As I recall, my grandmother heard the story and bought us a television.

• Probably just a neat trick-you'd have exactly the same effect submerging a couple of arc welding rods inside a steel box - wow it melts steel! Underwater! Without any real data about power output/power input its impossible to ascertain anything from this demo - apart from if you turn the power off in time the steel box doesn't explode (like most previous videos). Progress, of a kind......?

• I'm thankful that they have shared this data, but I still wish that they would have provided an actual report instead of a few numbers. I do applaud BLP for sharing this information, however. I'm hopeful they will publish a full report in the not too distant future.

Obviously, compared to the massive energy releases that have been produced in the past, these results don't seem that great at all. However, they are more than good enough - if we can get an actual report to study - to prove their device does indeed work. One thing we need to remember is that they have had to throttle back their output because previous versions were instantly destroying themselves. These numbers do NOT represent the best that they can produce. Remember, they have been able to produce previous systems that continued to produce a massive glowing complex space charge configuration or plasma ball after all the input power was cut off. The issue is that they are trying to achieve a balance that will give them some degree of stability.

My hope is that they will eventually realize that the whole idea of using liquid metal as a conductor isn't an optimum idea. If they went the route of using the negative resistance regime of a plasma discharge (the only metal involved being nano-particles from the electrodes) in a mixed gas environment (hydrogen, deuterium, one or more heavier noble gases) I believe they could have a far simpler system that would have much less of a tendency to meltdown.

• The primary mechanisms at work within the Suncell, E-Cat SK, the SAFIRE reactor, and several others going back many decades are virtually identical. I think the main difference between all these systems are simply the fuels used and the degree of resonance achieved. Certain fuel combinations are probably more likely to induce LENR or cold fusion reactions - especially when the amplitude of the ion acoustic oscillations are optimized with a resonant circuit. This also would produce the most well defined double layers with the greatest voltage gradients between them. There are so many different combinations of gaseous fuels, electrode materials, and reactor geometries to test that it could keep a team very busy for quite a while. However, I like the idea of keeping things simple and hopefully cheaper for now: cylindrical fused quartz or fused silica tube with required ports for fuel insertion, two nickel electrodes coated with palladium or platinum, a series of gas combinations making sure to utilize a heavier element in addition to hydrogen, and a well designed circuit and control box.

Also, I prefer the idea of not using two cathodes and a central anode. Instead, I think that producing what's called a "free floating fireball" that would remain between a cathode and an anode is the best idea. A free floating fireball is simply a complex space charge configuration with a high enough degree of self organization that it detaches from the cathode/anode. To produce such a fireball, the circuit will need to be tuned into resonance. The main benefit is that there's no anode to "melt down" if the output soars - although it is still possible the reactor tube could be damaged.

• Wake up people! This is interesting news from BLP! We need to get some discussion started!

What's I'm also interested in learning is how long the excess heat would continue after they stopped adding additional hydrogen. I think that with many fuel combinations if you complex space charge configuration is optimized by tuning the system into resonance, LENR reactions would produce a large portion of the energy which would make the small quantity of hydrogen keep producing energy for days, weeks, months, or longer. However, if BLP's system stopped producing heat rapidly after the hydrogen was cut off, then it might be more likely they are only producing re-arrangements of ions and electrons or perhaps even "real" hydrinos but are not producing nuclear reactions.

• The eV per reaction will be figured out by the total energy production over a long period of time vs. the quantity of hydrogen placed in the reactor. My hope is that when looking at the data they realize that they are getting perhaps hundreds of thousands of eV per atom of hydrogen. Then maybe they will realize that LENR reactions are taking place in addition to hydrino formation.

• Yes, he did. He and Redding told me that in person. I thought it was one of the most stupid business strategies I ever heard. I still think so. You cannot calibrate a presentation or evidence to make it just appealing enough for your target, but not so appealing that it will stir up interest by other people. The incident reminded me of a family story. Back in the 1950s, a grocery store near our house held a contest for "best sales slogan." There were three prizes: a trip to Europe, a television, and a $50 savings bond. We did not have a television. My brother was maybe 8 years old. He was sitting at the table thinking long and hard about what to write. My mother asked, "Are you having trouble coming up with something?" He explained yes, he wanted to come up with a slogan that was pretty good, but not great, because he didn't want to go to Europe. He wanted a television. His entry had to be second-best.

As I recall, my grandmother heard the story and bought us a television.

Thank you very much for confirming what you were told. I think there are a lot of inventor's who start thinking illogically and irrationally about their technology. The "Exotic Vacuum Object Energy Industry" is wide open right now with room for many players. The world desperately needs the first to prove that the phenomena (which might include both hydrino like reactions in addition to LENR and zero point energy tapping) and get something on the market to radically change energy generation on this planet. We need a truly powerful technology like this to change every aspect of our civilization.

• The device is far from ready for mass production. I'm sure they can improve on it tremendously. For all we know, even though they are melting down, the water bath calorimetry tests could be producing far higher COPs due to the fact the water will conduct heat away better than atmosphere. I still think they need to abandon the liquid metal approach and utilize a pure plasma discharge.

• The reaction of atomic hydrogen to hydrino or dark matter form of hydrogen catalyzed by HOH catalyst present in trace is the basis of this extraordinary hydrogen power source. A current result is an output of 120 kW for 25 kW input corresponding to about 100 kW of excess power from the hydrino reaction with no-hydrogen-addition runs showing energy balance (zero excess power).

Question is: hydrinos or dense hydrogen? Mills or Holmlid or both - both reactions ie hydrino e-shell collapse to a partial lower ground state must probably occur during Rydberg Matter formation of ultra dense hydrogen- the quasi-pe-neutron particle proposed by Holmlid.

The high level of excess heat reported suggests a secondary nuclear reaction following the energy release due to hydrino/dense hydrogen formation. The powerful electrical discharge probably acts like an IR laser pulse to fragment protons as reported by Holmlid, leading to these secondary (-muon catalysed) fusion reactions in addition to free neutrons (known to be released during lightning strikes), Obviously further analysis/data is needed to distinguish these possible mechanisms.

• https://brilliantlightpower.co…etal-calorimeter-results/

A new update from BLP. This calorimetry test gives a COP of 4.8 with 100kw overflow. Guessing this is for the people who say there is never any power measurements. Thankful for this!

A current result is an output of 120 kW for 25 kW input corresponding to about 100 kW of excess power from the hydrino reaction with no-hydrogen-addition runs showing energy balance (zero excess power).

This PR means nothing, scientifically. 125kW out, 25kW in is entirely compatible, also, with net energy balance, since the time over which the two powers are measured is not stated.

With weasel words like this, confusing power and energy in a pulsed system, is it surprising BLP are not taken seriously?

THH

• So in short it was new design that worked well but there were problems that will take time to fix. Sounds vaguely familiar.

I hear that the industrialization of the SunCell is delayed due to a backlog at both the puppet show vendor and campy jingle writer. Also Mills last minute attempt to replace the metal box with blue plastic causes it to melt even sooner. Mills plans to use the delays to his advantage, and develop a brand new ssm version, by working very hard. I knew Mills should not have used Rossi's recommendations.

• Official Post

I hear that the industrialization of the SunCell is delayed due to a backlog at both the puppet show vendor and campy jingle writer. Also Mills last minute attempt to replace the metal box with blue plastic causes it to melt even sooner. Mills plans to use the delays to his advantage, and develop a brand new ssm version, by working very hard. I knew Mills should not have used Rossi's recommendations.

I understand the attempt at sarcasm, but equating everyone making excess energy claims with the unmentionable Italian, ends becoming tasteless.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.