• Hope and persistence are two of the currencies of societies innovation and growth. If cutting edge researchers and movers dropped the ball every time a sceptic raises a point we would still see candles and campfires as the hight of civilization. Somethings gotta be happening here, especially within the well funded companies that have good reason not to release all the information at the moment. It will be released hopefully and praying the pressure catches us by surprise in it's suddeness.

Morality (right and wrong) is a matter of a human's behavior, social responsibility as decision making as related to devine/spiritual perpose and a higher power. Not applying to theoretical physics! It's just a spectrum of accuracy!

• sometimes brilliant people make brilliant errors and are not able to concede them.

Which is why papers in theoretical physics need to be published, reviewed, and critiqued by others who are independent.

Peer review is a not wholly reliable gatekeeper. But there are a lot of journals - a lot of conferences, of varying quality. Interesting work will always get exposure. And now anyone can publish on arxiv (if they expect a real publication) or vixra.

I don't btw view conference posters as real publications, but there are a good number of conferences that take and peer review papers (not abstracts) - much easier to get something new published that way than in a journal. Also you get to talk to people about it.

Conferences are open to anyone

Workshops are open to anyone: and a great way to talk to others https://www.ggi.infn.it/bee/application/submit?id=321

It is tough communicating seriously with others independent and competent to critique your work: they have their own ideas, and tend to see things differently. But if you don't, neither you, nor anyone else will ever know its merit.

For that reason, some people avoid it!

• Official Post

Somethings gotta be happening here, especially within the well funded companies that have good reason not to release all the information at the moment.

Of all those companies, BLP has by far been the most transparent, and looks to have a sophisticated, powerful, albeit hard to contain prototype. There has been nothing like it in LENR's 30 years that I know of. Sure, there have been some impressive looking concept drawings/models, but those just represent hopes and dreams, where the Suncell is real, working, and being tested.

Why then, after all that, the many validations, and video testimony they still struggle to find a partner with the expertise, and financial depth to bring this technology to fruition baffles me as much as it does others. Just the one independent replication by the ARA (Applied Research Associates) alone, should have had the investors, and companies lined up at the door begging BLP to take their money. or partner up.

The skeptic's have the easy answer; they have nothing, and this is a scam. I just do not buy that. Yes, it is possible, and if Mills were a one man show, I would have joined them by now. But they do have a team of approx 12 scientists/engineers, along with the other 12-13 employees. Hard to get that many to go along with a product fraud. Maybe for a short time, but not this long. Someone would have cracked by now, and spilled the beans. These are not a group of thugs recruited from the street, but highly educated, motivated people making it that much harder.

And from what I have been told, they are a very dedicated group, and do believe in this technology. While we question the input vs output, they build the machines, calorimetry, run the tests, so know what they do, and what they measure. They are believers in their own work. That does not mean we should "take their word for it" though.

• Scientific Censorship is endemic

Conferences are open to anyone

eg

1.Psychiatry.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2.Climate Change.

https://blogs.scientificameric…are-censoring-themselves/

of course PHYSICISTS are superhumans from Krypton

and are immune to scientific censorship.

Mills certainly is brilliant but sometimes brilliant people make brilliant errors and are not able to concede them

I'm wondering, what Dr. Mills would do with his elaborated patents referring to hydrino™ in every claim, once it turns out not to be quite there..

• Two bad examples:

psychiatry - is medicine, and not science (maybe neurobiology will eventually allow this).

climate science - is censored by anti-science politicians, in the US. Sure, but political censorship is rare in the West. And only applies to government employees, not university academics. Are you seriously claiming that Trump cares two hoots about which GUT is right?

• is medicine, and not science

2ist century medicine is not science... classic THHnew..

so the half million or so research scientists in medicine are not scientists?

there are no hypotheses or experimental method in medicine?

scientific (unscientific ?) censorship is widespread and documented.

Randell Mills is invisible in academia..

"little science" still prevailed until World War II. Since then, though, science has been "industrialised":

it is characteristically done by teams using expensive apparatus. This requires substantial funding,

which comes primarily from governments (including militaries) and large corporations.

The groups with the greatest stake in this contemporary system are governments and corporations

, naturally enough, plus elite scientists whose influence depends on satisfying their patrons,

maintaining the flow of funds and protecting their reputations.

Anyone who challenges these interest groups is a potential target for censorship or reprisal.

https://documents.uow.edu.au/~bmartin/pubs/01cescience.html

• Prior to 2011 the nuclear village in Japan

exerted pressure at many levels social, political, scientific to maintain a status quo and a flow of yen

This nuclear village attitude was weakened by a tsunami..but it is still there....and it is not only in Japan

"This modern version of the traditional practice of murahachibu (village exclusion) has been the stick,

while access to vast resources and corridors of power are the carrot.

Researchers who don’t support the Village consensus on the need, safety, reliability and economic logic of nuclear power

don’t get grants and are denied promotions "

https://apjjf.org/2012/10/37/Jeff-Kingston/3822/article.html

• Official Post

This PR means nothing, scientifically. 125kW out, 25kW in is entirely compatible, also, with net energy balance, since the time over which the two powers are measured is not stated.

With weasel words like this, confusing power and energy in a pulsed system, is it surprising BLP are not taken seriously?

They are considering releasing a more detailed paper on the water bath Suncell experiment, along with taking other steps that would better showcase their prototype. If so, it probably won't silence the most vocal critics, but would be convincing to those watching it in operation, or reading the data. Those who want to see, will see there are no gimmicks.

Of all those companies, BLP has by far been the most transparent, and looks to have a sophisticated, powerful, albeit hard to contain prototype. There has been nothing like it in LENR's 30 years that I know of. Sure, there have been some impressive looking concept drawings/models, but those just represent hopes and dreams, where the Suncell is real, working, and being tested.

Suncell real? Sure. Working? What do you mean by that? It makes heat and light when you put lots of current through it. So does a crowbar. Tested? By whom other than Mills, his group and paid for and incomprehensible work by Rowan?

Why then, after all that, the many validations, and video testimony they still struggle to find a partner with the expertise, and financial depth to bring this technology to fruition baffles me as much as it does others. Just the one independent replication by the ARA (Applied Research Associates) alone, should have had the investors, and companies lined up at the door begging BLP to take their money. or partner up.

Because investors other than those with him for a long time, don't believe Mills' claims.

The skeptic's have the easy answer; they have nothing, and this is a scam. I just do not buy that. Yes, it is possible, and if Mills were a one man show, I would have joined them by now. But they do have a team of approx 12 scientists/engineers, along with the other 12-13 employees. Hard to get that many to go along with a product fraud. Maybe for a short time, but not this long. Someone would have cracked by now, and spilled the beans. These are not a group of thugs recruited from the street, but highly educated, motivated people making it that much harder.

A while back, I worked with a company which had government contracts for biophysical research aimed at simulating spaceflight conditions, including "zero gravity" on the ground. Most of the scientists working on this project thought (but were not certain) that it was mostly fanciful. But there was enough real work of value around it that it did not seem like an outright fraud and there was some small chance it would work (it mostly didn't). The scientists made a salary working at this. Each of their individual assigned tasks was not unreasonable. So nobody complained to the funding agencies. Nobody wanted to get fired. I suspect this is what is going on for those at BLP who do believe Mills but I suspect some of the scientists do believe him. That doesn't mean he is right and the Suncell really does anything anomalous.

• They are considering releasing a more detailed paper on the water bath Suncell experiment, along with taking other steps that would better showcase their prototype. If so, it probably won't silence the most vocal critics, but would be convincing to those watching it in operation, or reading the data. Those who want to see, will see there are no gimmicks.

The whole Suncell system is inherently difficult to validate - a gimmick by nature. It will be interesting to see how much they try to validate it but had the bombproof method they would be somewhere different with acclaim from the likes of NASA, so I do notr hold out much hope.

• The scientists made a salary working at this. Each of their individual assigned tasks was not unreasonable. So nobody complained to the funding agencies. Nobody wanted to get fired. I suspect this is what is going on for those at BLP who do believe Mills but I suspect some of the scientists do believe him. That doesn't mean he is right and the Suncell really does anything anomalous.

There are larger companies doing the same: CERN invented the quark for funding reasons and then it needed a model to find more quarks and 1000's of underwriters ($$$ fun live $$$) do confirm oh yes quarks are particles. The show goes on but the invention of the Higgs had a flew... There were two and only one was predicted and it was off by a factor of 3 at least - to be honest it was off by more than factor of 20 as LEP was built for much, much higher energies to find hick-up particle...

Dear SOT: Why do you not devote some time for debunking the big, true physics SUN & fun mafia (CERN,ITER,...) that sucks the most research money we could use for real & useful research ?

Randy is an unlucky and may be untalented engineer but not a cheater as his process shows a clear COP >>1.

• Official Post

The whole Suncell system is inherently difficult to validate - a gimmick by nature. It will be interesting to see how much they try to validate it but had the bombproof method they would be somewhere different with acclaim from the likes of NASA, so I do notr hold out much hope.

Obviously you have little faith there is anyone competent in all of LENR. Even doing such a simple measurement as a water bath test is beyond their capability. Suit yourself, but I am of a different opinion, and believe the LENR field is full of capable researchers...Mills and team being a good example.

When/if they kick off the new campaign, it will not be to impress the hardened critics as I said. They will not be satisfied until a product comes on the market. It will be targeting those who have an open mind to new theories/ideas, and have not fully committed to mainstream science group think. Plenty of those people left -thank goodness, or like LeBob said, we would still be stuck in the dark ages.

• “Obviously you have little faith there is anyone competent in all of LENR. Even doing such a simple measurement as a water bath test is beyond their capability. Suit yourself, but I am of a different opinion, and believe the LENR field is full of capable researchers...Mills and team being a good example.”

Mills is a good example of what? This strikes me as another case of members of the LENR community embracing a wide range of fringe science claims as being examples of LENR even when the claimants don’t make that association. Regardless of what may or may not be true about LENR, I strongly doubt that every proposed new energy source is based on it. Of course, you can take Director’s tact and declare that everything including LENR can be explained by his own pet scientific epiphany.

• Official Post

Mills is a good example of what? This strikes me as another case of members of the LENR community embracing a wide range of fringe science claims as being examples of LENR even when the claimants don’t make that association. Regardless of what may or may not be true about LENR, I strongly doubt that every proposed new energy source is based on it. Of course, you can take Director’s tact and declare that everything including LENR can be explained by his own pet scientific epiphany.

You are taking liberties with what I said. Mills and his team are competent, and that was my "good example" to THH. Yes, as I have said many times before, they have to show more to prove the concept. Apparently Mills is considering doing just that, yet already it seems THH has decided that will not be enough. He simply will not accept what they produce. Whatever it is will be DOA. That is not an open mind to me. And may I remind you that the foundational principle of this forum is having an open mind? If you feel otherwise, there are other forums dedicated to totally negative points of view.

I also take exception to your description that the "LENR community embraces a wide range of fringe science claims". They embrace only one, and that is LENR. Yes, it is not easy to nail down, perhaps giving the appearance of chasing the fringe, but all are zeroed in on an elusive science that was first discovered 100 years ago. That is why we are all here. Skepticism is a part of the discovery process, and we welcome their input, but if that is all someone has to offer, then it hinders more than helps.

Considering this is a believer based forum, understandably it is a fine line for skeps to walk. That is why we only want those with good balance...on both sides.

Dear SOT: Why do you not devote some time for debunking the big, true physics SUN & fun mafia (CERN,ITER,...) that sucks the most research money we could use for real & useful research

I am not sure what I would debunk in large physics projects. They pretty much do what they claim and it mostly makes sense. Yes they have huge budgets and they take too long. But they move forward, clearly. Most LENR projects do not. The obvious exception would be Mizuno but I guess it will be some time before we can expect replication (as per JR).

• I am not sure what I would debunk in large physics projects. They pretty much do what they claim and it mostly makes sense.

This only tells us that you have absolutely no clue what the CERN/ITER guys do and you do believe everything what they tell.

As said: CERN invented the quark particle (to get more funding) !

CERN never measured a single up quark particle as it in fact has no known mass and they freely communicate that they never could separate the two belied up- quarks. Quarks were the root of a complete nonsensical development of a nonsensical model based on a criminal invention = fake-news - called up quark particle.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.