• Thanks, What about a similar analysis for a hydrino based approach? Quantities and all faithful to the numbers released by Mills and friends.

• I do not know anything about hydrinos.

I looked at your book and I really think you have to look at the literature. Your book is out of date with the literature. Some of this is 20+ years old literature.

pg 9

Cold fusion cannot be a chemical process because it consumes no chemical fuel

>> Not true. Hydrino catalysis proposed more than 2 decades ago and widely reproduced in journals everywhere is a chemical process.

pg 9

Richard Oriania -- most difficult (experiments) ever performed are cold fusion

>> Hydrino catalysis is easy and the US Dept. of Defense contractor ARA said they had it done for $3000 (ie. no exotic materials/manufacturing)

pg 10

modern physicists think it is too good to be true because they cannot comprehend how it could work

>> I would add LENR researchers think chemistry is "too good to be true because they cannot comprehend how it would work"

pg 12

you can definitely rule out chemistry.

>> Nope. The chemistry of hydrino catalysis is has stronger evidence (in terms of reproduceability and controls) than any LENR experiment I know of. Phillips 2004 and 2008 are gold standard, simple papers.

pg 13

This cell, like all others, had only negligible quantities of chemical fuel in it, and it did not produce any detectable chemical ash.

>> It was in contact with water and air. The ash of hydrino is not going to be found unless you know to look for it, and how to capture and characterize it with various measures.

pg 14

Cold fusion cannot be any form of chemical energy. That is completely out of the question.

>> In retrospect, the massive excesse heat is sign of likely chemical process - as nuclear processes don't have these kinetics.

I am not singling you out, but everyone in this field has not read the basic papers of the literature. Atomic hydrogen is the fuel for generating energy. The transmutations and other effects are likely coming from a hydrino pathway - and the physics of this need to be figured out.

• Cold fusion cannot be any form of chemical energy. That is completely out of the question.

>> In retrospect, the massive excesse heat is sign of likely chemical process - as nuclear processes don't have these kinetics.

Mills is outdated: Physically Hydrinos are a weak nuclear bond. This bond also works in many chemical catalysts so we could call it chemical the way it can interact.

Mills can come back with his idea a soon as he can show stable versions of H(1/5) H(1/6), H(1/7) etc... what for sure will no be found.

Holmlid found some clustering between groups fo H*-H*/D*-D* such cluster can have additional bonds.

And to remind you one more time: Mills had to invent Hydrinos because Santilli sued him for the use of his toroidal Hydrogen aka H*-H*....

• Wyttenbach Until everyone in the community understands why hydrogen with certain hydrino catalysts produces intense plasmas, and why with hydrogen with non-hydrino forming catalysts don't produce intense emissions - than I suspect your statement is about 10 years too early.

In terms of chemical products - you may be misleading the children that these states don't exist.

Everyone on this site should at least understand this paragraph in the context of Mills theory (even if they dont learn the whole thing) - can they?

No plasma and no emission except blackbody radiation at

long wavelengths was observed for (1) argon, neon, and

helium alone; (2) sodium, magnesium, and barium metals

alone, and (3) sodium, magnesium, and barium, with

hydrogen. No plasma formed with incandescently heated

hydrogen and each of Al(NO3)3 and Mg(NO3)2. No emission

was observed from hydrogen alone or each test material

(KNO3 and RbNO3) alone. In contrast, plasma with

VUV emission was observed from incandescently heated

hydrogen and each of KNO3 and RbNO3. No conventional

mechanism can explain the formation of a plasma by incandescently

heating hydrogen gas with the presence of

trace amounts of these inorganic compounds as discussed

previously [21].

I think it would be relevant to start at the beginning - do you agree the resonant transfer reaction is happening?

• pg 9

Cold fusion cannot be a chemical process because it consumes no chemical fuel

>> Not true. Hydrino catalysis proposed more than 2 decades ago and widely reproduced in journals everywhere is a chemical process.

I have no idea what hydrinos are, or whether they exist. I know nothing about Mills, his theories, or his experiments. So I cannot judge the situation. Mills says his effect is not cold fusion, so I do not include his work in cold fusion papers. His experiments seem complicated and unconvincing to me, but that is only an impression because I have not looked closely.

pg 9

Richard Oriania -- most difficult (experiments) ever performed are cold fusion

>> Hydrino catalysis is easy and the US Dept. of Defense contractor ARA said they had it done for $3000 (ie. no exotic materials/manufacturing)

Who do you refer to? Where was this published?

pg 10

modern physicists think it is too good to be true because they cannot comprehend how it could work

>> I would add LENR researchers think chemistry is "too good to be true because they cannot comprehend how it would work"

LENR researchers know that cold fusion is not chemical because it consumes no chemical fuel, produces no chemical changes, and it transmutes deuterium into helium in the same ratio as D-D fusion, which is fusion by definition.

pg 14

Cold fusion cannot be any form of chemical energy. That is completely out of the question.

No, as I said, there are no chemical reactions. The only reaction is D+D => He, which is fusion.

I have no idea what the hydrino reactions supposedly are, or whether they exist, but if they do not convert deuterium into helium, they are not the same as cold fusion.

• For decades we have a simple model (way simpler than LENR) that shows hydrino catalysts - which the LENR field accidentally discovered - and has a physical model for the reaction.

Fleischmann was informed about Mills and he just shook his head. Did nothing at all. Spent his whole life and didn't pay attention.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll find a paper that explains hydrino chemistry well.

• https://www.villagevoice.com/1999/12/21/quantum-leap/

A really old article, well written, refers to how hydrino like resonant reactions would make nuclear reactions more likely. I still believe that a large portion of LENR positive energy results, not pushed to the point that nuclear fragments are spraying everywhere, are from these resonant catalytic chemical reactions. Actually that's the safest way to make this happen for civilians as distributed power production. LENR based energy that is mostly atomic would be useful for making practical fusion a reality and processing of nuclear waste if it works as we propose. This still would be largely centralized and wouldnt be accessible to civilians or in less stable regions of the world. The dream I have of a motorcycle/hovercraft hybrid that just keeps moving or practical micro-grids of grid feeding/absorbing vehicles and stations is more likely with "super-chemical" reactions than any form of nuclear with penitrating rays. Though LENR with penitrating rays is still spicy, quite possibly will revitalise and diversify the current nuclear industry, H* resonant formation may be a more fundamental source and benifit more people directly. So Navid how do you think a hydrino based energy grid would work with all the info available?

• Official Post

This result should not be there according to current science.

Not the first time that has been said. This is from the 1999 article LeBob just posted:

"Tests at Lehigh University are interesting, confirms Dr. Alfred Miller, a senior research scientist there who has tested BlackLight Power’s compounds. Miller probed the energy levels of the atoms by bombarding them with X rays and measuring the energy of the electrons leaving the atoms—a technique called X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. “I try and exhaust all possibilities and there really aren’t an enormous number of conventional explanations” for what he found.

Miller emphasizes that he didn’t want his tests being interpreted as unequivocally confirming the hydrino theory, but “over the years I haven’t really come across too many things that haven’t been explainable. At least if you thought about it long enough and hard enough.”

Ricerca Inc.’s lab east of Cleveland was similarly flummoxed by what it found when studying BlackLight Power’s materials. “They were inorganic compounds that have organic properties. That is unusual,” says Dr. Yong-Xi Li, manager of Ricerca’s advanced mass spectrometry lab. “We totally don’t know what’s going on. The reason is that I’ve never seen before these kinds of properties in all my career. Probably we have to do more work.”

Plenty other comments like this going back to 1991, that back Mills up. Question is: Why is the tech still in the lab, and BLP struggling to attract funding and a partner? I can't figure it out.

• According to Randell Mills, they were never able to get the power output high enough in their devices due to the production of hydrinos being self limiting. In a video available on YouTube and on his deleted Yahoo Group, he explained how the negative resistance zone (in which the current/voltage relationship is flip flopped) changed the process from self limiting to self reinforcing. The problem they have now is that they have to throttle back their systems. Of course, I think this could be solved if they would go for full re-design, stop utilizing liquid metal, build a highly resonant circuit, use the negative resistance regime to create a macro-EVO or complex space charge configuration, and make sure it stays away from the structure of the device. But I don't think they will do this because it would produce way more output than what hydrino theory predicts. Remember, LENR reactions produce millions of eV per reaction while most hydrino reactions allegedly only produce a few hundred eV. A closed system producing high output without a constant influx of hydrogen would prove that LENR reactions are occurring and not simply hydrino production. Randell Mills would never allow this because according to this theory LENR reactions are practically impossible.

• I think that many characterizations is of the kind "we do not know" but the number of ways it can happen via normal science is so large that you simply cannot prove the Hydrino theory, maybe there is an unknown proper argument ..... On the other hand for this experiment the early peak is very clear. It beats hydrogene because that is the king in this early game. Also I think that being faster than hydrogen means it is smaller than hydrogen so this rules out essentially modern science. The only possible alternative is an artifact. I searched the internet hand have not found any known such case. Anyway repeating the experiment say 10 times and get the same result in 2 different labs with different equipment would quickly rule out such an artifact.

• For decades we have a simple model (way simpler than LENR) that shows hydrino catalysts - which the LENR field accidentally discovered - and has a physical model for the reaction.

I don't know enough to comment. I can ask, though: Does this simple model explain the D+D => He reaction? If it doesn't explain that, it doesn't explain cold fusion. My understanding is that Mills does not think the heat from his reaction comes from D+D fusion. It comes from "shrinking hydrogen atoms" (whatever that is). He does not predict there will be helium. Therefore, assuming he is right, he is not seeing cold fusion. It is something else. So it is not "a physical model for the reaction." It is a physical model for another reaction.

I'll find a paper that explains hydrino chemistry well.

I do not understand such papers enough to comment.

• I find it hilarious how hard BLP strives to avoid using the simple term, "negative resistance." They do use it occasionally in patents and elsewhere, but they seem to try very hard to avoid the term. For example, look at the last part of the following text from one of their presentations.

https://brilliantlightpower.co…ss%20Summary%20111016.pdf

SunCell®
    The “BlackLight Process,” of making Hydrinos is shown schematically in Figure 2
    catalytically converts the hydrogen of H2O molecules into the non-polluting product, lower

energy state hydrogen called “Hydrino”, by allowing the electrons to fall to smaller radii around
    the nucleus. A typical system to propagate the BlackLight Process comprises two electrodes that
    confine a highly electrically conductive matrix with associated water that serves as a source of
    reactants to form Hydrinos. A low-voltage, very high current (about one hundred times that of
    household currents) ignites the water to form Hydrinos and cause a brilliant burst of plasma.
    Specifically, a high current is passed through water associated with the highly conductive matrix
    such that plasma forms wherein (i) H atoms are dissociated from H2O molecules, (ii)
    autonomous or nascent water molecules are formed from bound water to serve as the catalyst
    8 HOH, and (iii) arc plasma is formed that massively accelerates the kinetics and vastly intensities
    the power of the plasma. The high kinetics or rate of the catalyst reaction to form Hydrinos is
    caused by creating a plasma supporting an arc current comprising a high density of positive ions
    and free electrons wherein the energy of the system is lowered with higher current. The higher
    current is caused by a faster rate of the catalysis reaction and a lower energy favors faster
    kinetics such that the positive feedback effect of the interplay of these factors gives rise to
    explosive kinetics.
    Water serves as the only consumable reactant in supplying the H.

• Question is: Why is the tech still in the lab, and BLP struggling to attract funding and a partner? I can't figure it out.

I haven't the slightest idea. But it is not a good sign.

I cannot make head or tail of his present experiments. His early ones at Thermacore were much simpler. They looked like cold fusion, so I assumed they were cold fusion, only with Ni instead of Pd.

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GernertNnascenthyd.pdf

• I don't know enough to comment. I can ask, though: Does this simple model explain the D+D => He reaction? If it doesn't explain that, it doesn't explain cold fusion. My understanding is that Mills does not think the heat from his reaction comes from D+D fusion. It comes from "shrinking hydrogen atoms" (whatever that is). He does not predict there will be helium. Therefore, assuming he is right, he is not seeing cold fusion. It is something else. So it is not "a physical model for the reaction." It is a physical model for another reaction.

I do not understand such papers enough to comment.

Time for both of us to learn then!

• I have to be more specific first do you believe resonant transfer reactions are plausible in nature, and two do you understand this is happening in Mills work?

The problem is that Mills postulated a Hydrino particle model that is full of flaws. He correctly identified the resonant energy transfer between masses without understanding it's nature. All mass is magnetic EM mass and resonances are either joint waves or added energy. H*/D* is a joint wave where as a hydrino resonances is added energy.

The good thing is that LENR and also the SUN-CELL reaction are based on the same mechanism that is not in Mills physics! Mills just says it's resonant transfer but all his hydrino calculations are as precise as SM that as best has about 1% error. This is way above the simple Bohr model.

We all like Mills because he reintroduced Maxwell & Newton to nuclear physics and found a new way to treat magnetic effects. We also like him because he could isolate and measure H*-H*. But do not believe that his model explains anything fundamental about his experimental work or LENR.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.