• BrLP has now tested suncell for 100hours so I guess they have a boiler, question is, is it new technology 2 > COP > 1 or is it comersial

COP > 2 + something, they sure should know by now. I don't bother linking it, not much to see of the vid and the text did not change much.

• Cool. I mean, "hot!" They can now, I assume, start selling heat for less than the going rate. When they do so, I guess they'll rapidly be a billion dollar (trillion dollar?) company. So, the matter should be settled within, what, a year from now?

If I had a spare million or two to invest, I'd certainly follow this more closely. As it is, I'll just follow the business press for updates. I'm sure the physics are beyond me, but if Mills has identified new physics, I'll look forward to hearing confirmations from the "laggards."

• I do have one question, though I'm not sure if it is answerable, but, worth a try.

Does anyone have an informed opinion as to whether (regardless of theory) the effect being observed by Mills and Brilliant is the same (previously?) hard to replicate phenomenon that has been observed by all or some of Rossi / Brillouin / Mizumo / etc...; or are the effects sufficiently different that they might not represent the same "surprise" in physics? Inquiring minds, layman class.

• Official Post

LENR/Cold Fusion is a natural phenomenon. It is created in unique environments, be that in a test tube or in the earth and is essentially a low-energy phenomenon. No Atom-Smashers required.. But I suspect that the problem that successful experimenters have (and I count myself as one) is that the unique environment is often too fragile to survive the energy created by a fusion process.

But to answer your question more precisely, it is one phenomenon which can be seen in a variety of systems, warm and wet, hot and dry, high pressure, low pressure and so on. But although these may seem a bit different, they are 'all the same meat, just served with different sauce'.

• all the same meat, just served with different sauce'.

LENR cuisine is confusing even for the gastronomers

the meat appears to be hydrogen either as protium or deuterium.. the most abundant element in the universe..

cooked with other ingredients include a variety of metals palladium nckel iridium molybdenum ...stainless steel

Molecular oxygen appears to be a poison for the LENR cookery

Randell Mills appears to profess a nuclear-free cuisine.. professing deep hydronium alchemy

Brillouin E professes LENR..

But .. both have very low heat output.. which is far less than what might be expected from measured calrorific outputs by Chef Takahashi at > 10,000 eV/ hydrogen atom

Norront Energy bakes a deep dense protium sauce in an iron tray which explodes into Laser ENR

Gastronomic research on deep alchemy and LENR is continuing.. Bon appetit. Oishisoo!

https://www.researchgate.net/p…299bf112560c2a14/download

• I do have one question, though I'm not sure if it is answerable, but, worth a try.

Does anyone have an informed opinion as to whether (regardless of theory) the effect being observed by Mills and Brilliant is the same (previously?) hard to replicate phenomenon that has been observed by all or some of Rossi / Brillouin / Mizumo / etc...; or are the effects sufficiently different that they might not represent the same "surprise" in physics? Inquiring minds, layman class.

From my reading I would say it's the same underlying phenomina, like for an example chemical reactions. Different conditions and elements change the energy amount achievable and what not. I personally believe this is a phenomina smack dab between chemistry and atom-smasher. It's a catagory called by many names, alchemy, pico-chemistry, binuculear atom reactions, dense hydrides, and hydrino chemistry. The mechanism is electron/electromagnetically mediated, the bonds settle inside the regular valence shells, in the core electron's orbits. Hydrogen is the key element, either catalysed to condense and bond with another hydrogen or bonding with a heavier metal creating low energy transmutation with 2+ positive cores intact. That's what the data is saying for me so far. Alan said something important, genuine fusion or annialation events may actually reduce the cumulative excess energy (overstepping the sensitive range) while producing neutrons, tritium and gamma.

The helium/He4 results are explainable, the low energy transmutations are explainable, the mismatched energy levels compared to the fusion/proton capture numbers are explainable. Proton+proton and proton+metal nuclei close bonds present a much more consistent answer. Starting from *H2(1/4) at ~0.5keV up to ~100keV for some heavy metal like Thorium + *H. Deuterium or deuterons work as well and in some cases give better results. This keV scale energy is a photon release after replacing a core electron, or radiating potential after condensing electron shell and settling in a good well. The reaction environment seems sensitive, more like tuned pico-chemistry then thermonuclear reactions. But that is just an educated hypotheses. Mills has shown a simple agua based approach, he also explains the He4 signals with below fusion high energy experiments.

• Nice historical outline of Sternglass experiments, I can't see why low voltage per se would limit neutron production in Mill's experiments. Electrical discharge like lightning is after all an uncontrolled cluster of electrons bombarding any protons which might happen to be in their path irrespective of the voltage driving force. Less likely or optimal but could still happen in Mill's exotic choice of materials (Ga and Ag).

Here is a new preprint that does a careful analysis of all the nuclear reaction channels and products that are produced during lightning discharges --

"Isotope production in thunderstorms"

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2004.13416.pdf

• It's also so fragile that not survived to any independent verification.

The failure to replicate rightfully makes anyone suspicious, but it is not proof that nothing is happening. What's interesting to me about Brilliant is that it is not claiming 5 excess watts over short period, but is claiming that it has repeatedly run a process that generates kW over multiple hours. They seem to have reputable people on their board, and they seem to have attracted investor money. If they make a go of this as a business, we'll all know soon enough. Ever since P&F, it has seemed as plausible to me that there is a difficult-to-replicate phenomenon that P&F, to their misfortune, (re-)discovered, as it is that all the people who have reported inexplicable results involving certain metals and spare protons are fooling themselves or others.

A situation in which replication is difficult, and that promises "free" energy, or free anything, is going to attract frauds and hucksters, so the presence of likely frauds and hucksters does not strike me as evidence against the existence of the phenomenon -- just as reason to be cautious about each claim. That's why big claims, like that of Mizuno, and HUGE claims, like that of Brilliant, capture my interest. Brillouin, at least, claims to have been replicated by SRI. And if you're doing runs at the kW level over hours, it shouldn't be hard to find outside observers to confirm or deny.

If Brilliant, for example, has what it claims, it should be able to prove that to the world, regardless of the validity of the theory on which it is based.

• The failure to replicate rightfully makes anyone suspicious, but it is not proof that nothing is happening. What's interesting to me about Brilliant is that it is not claiming 5 excess watts over short period, but is claiming that it has repeatedly run a process that generates kW over multiple hours. They seem to have reputable people on their board, and they seem to have attracted investor money. If they make a go of this as a business, we'll all know soon enough. Ever since P&F, it has seemed as plausible to me that there is a difficult-to-replicate phenomenon that P&F, to their misfortune, (re-)discovered, as it is that all the people who have reported inexplicable results involving certain metals and spare protons are fooling themselves or others.

A situation in which replication is difficult, and that promises "free" energy, or free anything, is going to attract frauds and hucksters, so the presence of likely frauds and hucksters does not strike me as evidence against the existence of the phenomenon -- just as reason to be cautious about each claim. That's why big claims, like that of Mizuno, and HUGE claims, like that of Brilliant, capture my interest. Brillouin, at least, claims to have been replicated by SRI. And if you're doing runs at the kW level over hours, it shouldn't be hard to find outside observers to confirm or deny.

If Brilliant, for example, has what it claims, it should be able to prove that to the world, regardless of the validity of the theory on which it is based.

Amen, for me approaches similar to Brilliant Light Power, SAFIRE and the Russian vortex reactors seem more likely to work out in the long term. Seems more practical for the general need of decentralized energy using substances like water, nickel, steels and silver. Preferable in combustion-like macroscale setups fixable by regular technicians and mechanical workshops if needed. The whole vibe of drawing a parallel with our use of fire seems simpler. Practically putting a substancial drop in the whole hydrogen energy bucket. On the other hand with west coast microchip fabrication, and AI optimization we could have battery-like power cells with hundreds to thousands of times current energy densities hopefully!

• The reason should be clear to anyone a bit less gullible of believers that live here.

The identity of truth is a mystery..where it lives unknown

However ITER is set in concrete in Provence.. billion $ concrete.

Although saying that ITER is false does not make BLP true.

it certainly distributes 'gullibility'' more widely..

https://ensser.org/wp-content/…r-project-2019-part-1.pdf

"The borated concrete that is being used in ITER is a high-density concrete (

3.7 tonnes per cubic metre as compared to 2.4 tonnes for a standard formulation) that includes 0.3 percent of boron.

The neutron-eating element is obtained from ground colemanite aggregates, a borate mineral that is imported from Turkey.

• And that promises "free" energy, or free anything,

BLP does not promise free energy

Its not free....just as hydro energy is not free...or horsepower- energy

Any technology costs... but some costs less than others...

Even ITER does not promise free energy although it gets free euros... and >100 Million USD .. for awhile more.

The NASEM report calls for a $200-million-per-year increase in U.S. fusion research,

and Congress boosted DOE’s budget for fusion energy sciences from $564 million in fiscal year 2019 to $671 million this year.

But all of that increase will go to ITER, and it remains to be seen whether Congress will continue to ramp up the fusion budget.

https://www.sciencemag.org/new…-fusion-lab-seeks-rebirth

• After more of 20 years of claim and promises from BLP no proves to the world.

The reason should be clear to anyone a bit less gullible of believers that live here.

There are plenty of proves for the validity of BLPs claims. Even from independant parties in germany and the netherlands. If "the world" decides to just not look at it and ignore it, then it is not the fault of BLP. If the only accepted prove is a product, then we have to wait for the product. If it is as hard to make this product as it is to make hot fusion in a stable reactor in a continuous process creating excess energy, then "the prove" could be 350 years away. Currently it seems that it wont take 350 years but I think the 100 hour run has not the maximum COP they have reported (4-5 I think) so far but more in the region of 2. That is not a product. Could be impossible to get their machine to a COP of 6. We cannot know and they would not tell us.

An analog situation:

There is a whole library full of evidence that the US interventions in Hiroshima, Vietnam, Iraq I and II, Afganistan, Syria, Lybia, Ucraine, Brasil, Venecuela, Chile,... where not motivated by the sole desire to bring peace, harmony and democracy to the world. Or that the >800 military bases outside the US could serve a different purpose than bringing stability to these regions. Germany, the country I live in, ignores all this and teaches its citizens the oposite of the truth with severe negative consequences for us (North Stream II, creating a conflict with russia that would be inexistent without US politics, economical sanctions for russia and iran that hurt the german industry, protection of tax havens and trusts that enable companies and rich people to steal trillions of dollars from hard working citizens,...). Even princeton university says the US is an Olygarchy and not a democracy. Why are we taught something else?

Information is out there but people, scientists or goverements can chose to ignore it for a multitude of reasons. Happens all the time.

• There are plenty of proves for the validity of BLPs claims. Even from independant parties in germany and the netherlands. If "the world" decides to just not look at it and ignore it, then it is not the fault of BLP.

These are only unuseful chatters... the classic routing talking about ITER, then Hiroshima and blah blah.

It does ot exist any serious and credible confirm. WWhen anyone believe and still wrote about a conspiracy of the world against BLP, he shows only to be a consumer of illusions with nothing in hand to prove to the SC.

• Oh it's very simple, I'm surprise you didn't understand maybe you need a cup of strong coffe.

I noted that when specific claim can't be proved by real facts, people usually switch to talk of other arguments mixing different matters.

A quite common approach adopted here.

• These are only unuseful chatters... the classic routing talking about ITER, then Hiroshima and blah blah.

It does ot exist any serious and credible confirm. WWhen anyone believe and still wrote about a conspiracy of the world against BLP, he shows only to be a consumer of illusions with nothing in hand to prove to the SC.

Ok truth. I see you made your mind. Prof. Johannes Conrads from germany and Prof. Kroesen (?) made independant validations of parts of BLPs claims. I linked it many times here - google it yourself.

My post was about your "prove the world" statement which is an ill posed request. But you didnt get it and I wont rephrase it and put any more effort into explaining what I meant. Have a nice day!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.