• New BLP USPTO patent --

United States Patent 10,753,275 August 25, 2020

Power generation systems and methods regarding same

Abstract

A solid fuel power source that provides at least one of thermal and electrical power such as direct electricity or thermal to electricity is further provided that powers a power system comprising (i) at least one reaction cell for the catalysis of atomic hydrogen to form hydrinos, (ii) a chemical fuel mixture comprising at least two components chosen from: a source of H2O catalyst or H2O catalyst; a source of atomic hydrogen or atomic hydrogen; reactants to form the source of H2O catalyst or H2O catalyst and a source of atomic hydrogen or atomic hydrogen; one or more reactants to initiate the catalysis of atomic hydrogen; and a material to cause the solid fuel to be highly conductive, (iii) at least one set of electrodes that confine the fuel and an electrical power source that provides a short burst of low-voltage, high-current electrical energy to initiate rapid kinetics of the hydrino reaction and an energy gain due to forming hydrinos, (iv) a product recovery systems such as a condenser (v) a reloading system, (vi) at least one of hydration, thermal, chemical, and electrochemical systems to regenerate the fuel from the reaction products, (vii) a heat sink that accepts the heat from the power-producing reactions, (viii) a power conversion system that may comprise a direct plasma to electric converter such as a plasmadynamic converter, magnetohydrodynamic converter, electromagnetic direct (crossed field or drift) converter, direct converter, and charge drift converter or a thermal to electric power converter such as a Rankine or Brayton-type power plant.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi…,753,275&RS=PN/10,753,275

• It's not new. Have a look at the filing date: January 10, 2014

• Official Post

It's not new. Have a look at the filing date: January 10, 2014

indeed is not new, but the great news is that is now granted since August 25, 2020. So is no longer an application, but a granted patent, which is very good for Mills.

edit to add: Its indeed awesome that the patent was awarded, it went through 4 rejections before. This is indeed a major victory for Mills, as he got awarded a patent and managed to keep the concept of hydrinos in it. I am looking now for the documents on the rejections and appeals, those must be very interesting to read.

• Official Post

New upddated video of heat exchanger setup,

BrLP

> 10X is claimed. Not sure what X they get when they run for an hour though.

I must admit that is looking increasingly good. I am starting to feel impressed. They are having what amounts to "plumbing issues" right now, which in my book is great, it means they have something generating enough heat to cause all sorts of mechanical problems, and this means you need to improve the materials / joints / gaskets / Etc. I really hope they succed soon. And that they produce detailed data reports, for being able to verify the claims on the data for oneself.

• Official Post

https://brilliantlightpower.co…r-and-gain-boosted-again/

We are developing a new patented power source based on injecting and reacting atomic hydrogen with a catalyst to form a more stable chemical state hydrogen gas call hydrino that we have isolated and characterized by multiple spectroscopies and analytical methodologies. The reaction kinetics and power are boosted by many orders of magnitude by the further injection of a molten metal such as gallium or silver while applying a very high ignition current at relatively unsubstantial voltages. We have previously reported and independently validated power pulses as high as 20 MW with a power gain of 250 times from a 10-microliter shot comprising molten silver and a hydrino reaction mixture (https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S0577907317316088). In a subsequently developed continuous reactor called a SunCell® , high power was observed with no ignition power for several minutes.

Since the hydrino reaction is a novel power source, power, power density, and gain under various conditions are being charted for the first time. We recently tested the SunCell® with a commercial-scale molten gallium to water heat exchanger with two new innovations to boost the kinetics and thereby the power and gain. The temperature of the SunCell® molten gallium reservoir that was vigorously mixed by an electromagnetic pump was recorded by a thermocouple. The results of temperature versus time comparison of the hydrino power run (blue curve) with a deliberately suppressed hydrino reaction plasma run (orange curve) is shown below wherein the. In 7 seconds, the temperature of the hydrino power run shot up to 1500°C at which point the thermocouple failed and melted. A very high rate of cooling was overwhelmed by the extraordinary hydrino reaction power. As demonstrated in the attached thermodynamic analysis, a very conservative estimate of the gain and hydrino reaction power can be determined from the ratio of the temperature versus time slopes at a matched input ignition power for the same cell run under identical cooling conditions. The two new innovations had a dramatic effect, enabling the SunCell® to produce a power of over 1 MW in 0.1 liters corresponding to an extraordinary power density of 10 MW/liter at 34 times gain [Power Ratio Estimate 090420.pdf].

powergain_chart-1024x576.jpg

A

Due to installation of reaction chamber ceramic liners, follow-up inspection showed that the SunCell® was in mint condition except for the need for a replacement thermocouple. The results of these trials additionally provided parameters for sizing of the heat exchanger for a thermal generator suitable for early field trials of a hot water heater and then a pressurized steam boiler. We are also developing a molten gallium to air heat exchanger that can power thermal loads, and additionally serve as the power source of a Brayton cycle microturbine to generate electricity.

More details on commercial engineering of the molten metal heat exchanger, the gas turbine power system and also magnetohydrodynamic power conversion are given in our Business Overview Presentation [https://brilliantlightpower.co…Overview_Presentation.pdf].

• "two new innovations to boost the kinetics" - perhaps they have they finally worked out how to calculate the catalysts!!!

"34 times gain" - looks just about ready for commercial use. Great news!!!

Hopefully someone can step in with a few spare billion, good ethics and political leverage can get this all happening towards the replacement of carbon energy sources rather than it all just ending up as a new military energy toy.

• https://brilliantlightpower.co…r-and-gain-boosted-again/

We are developing a new patented power source based on injecting and reacting atomic hydrogen with a catalyst to form a more stable chemical state hydrogen gas call hydrino that we have isolated and characterized by multiple spectroscopies and analytical methodologies.

This is poining more and more towards Ultra Dense Hydrogen (Holmlid).

They should check for the presence of muons therefore, as muons are probably a major health issue.

• it would be nice to see Randy do another public presentation and demonstration of this (well perhaps no live audience with Covid). But a livestream demo with questions. BrLP has done this many times before and then they tend to go dark for a bit.

But I think the setup and reaction they are describing here would generate a lot of interest. There is more power density in this reaction. That’s what people want to see.

• Official Post

https://brilliantlightpower.co…iew-presentation-updated/

Some new developments:

• Our priority development goal is to further conduct on-site field trials through this Fall at 250 kW scale.

• We plan to support target partner and customer field trials shortly thereafter with the objectives of (i)

doing original equipment manufacturer (OEM) strategic partner deals initially with a heat exchanger

OEM and a microturbine OEM, and (ii) achieving discounted green power pre-sales to become

profitable.

• We are further pursuing commercial packaging and outsourced manufacturing, initially at 100,000-unit

scale with an engineering firm to be transitioned to high volume manufacturing and support by a high volume OEM.

• We have already developed a 250 kW heat exchanger to produce hot water and steam that we are

testing for the hot water and pressurized steam heating markets. The pressurized steam application will

be pursued with a boiler OEM, and steam to electricity will be outsourced in partnership with a Rankine

cycle turbine manufacturer.

• To produce variable hot air in the range of 100 °C to 1000 °C, we are working with a large OEM that has

a well-suited SiC block, gallium to air heat exchanger that can service thermal applications, and also be

used to make electricity with a Brayton cycle turbine in partnership with a manufacturer.

• Upon achievement of profitability, we further plan to pursue a proprietary liquid metal nanoparticle

magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) technology that has the prospect of power conversion at 23 MW/liter at

near unity efficiency and costing less than 1/10 that of convention power conversion hardware.

• We are also sending Hydrino® samples to independent validators to prove the existence of the novel

product that confirms the existence of our new power source.

• Official Post

Thanks for the last link Shane D. , the last point is what many have been asking for years, I truly hope they publish those verifications, that will be a defining moment for BLP.

Is just curious that out of sudden so many things are happening on every front, but hey, I can’t complain!

• I like BLP sales pitch at the end of the

Update.

THE SUNCELL® IS A CASH COW

• The SunCell® is dirt cheap, ($20-200 per KW depending on the application), the fuel is water, there is no pollution, no fuel infrastructure connection, and no grid connection which means no Federal regulation. With a time-based lease and no metering, a local installation permit is all that is needed.

• The formula for revenue is Cell power in kilowatts X 24 h/day X 365 d/y X $/kWh

• So take our cells that make 300 kW at a typical $0.1/kWh for either heat or electricity, the corresponding projected revenue is

• 300X24X365X0.1=$263,800peryear

• In the case of $0.12/kWh, the projected revenue is

• 300X24X365X0.12=$315,360peryear

• In Hawaii, Japan, Germany, Caribbean, power cost can be $0.35/kWh, and the corresponding projected revenue is

• 300X24X365X0.35=$919,800peryear

• As an approximate rule, the SunCell is projected to

generate a dollar per watt per year.

• We believe that 100 M cells can be manufactured per year.

An interesting aspect of the SunCell when considering that the world power capacity is about 15 terawatts is that the cost to convert the world to green power is inexpensive and can occur quickly since world capacity corresponds to only 60 M SunCells which be manufactured in a year at an estimated cost of $210 B. (cost of thermal and electrical are expected to be about equivalent using an MHD converter).

• • We are also sending Hydrino® samples to independent validators to prove the existence of the novel

product that confirms the existence of our new power source.

Awesome! Who? When? An unnamed certificator? Is there a stifling NDA in place? I don't like to make this comparison because I believe Mills may well have what he says, but who does this remind you of? Please tell us when you actually have details to share. Read the JONP blogger and do everything the opposite way.

• Official Post

I don't like to make this comparison because I believe Mills may well have what he says, but who does this remind you of?

No, this does not remind of that other guy. Not at all. Mills is just the opposite of him. He has a staff of 25, half of whom are engineers, with a few theorists. He is transparent, having published many "authentic" papers, and made himself publicly available over the years...and not to answer softball questions. Unlike the Italian scammer, he has actually worked with the DOD, whom are on video praising his work.

And does his lab look like Rossi's? No, of course not. It is sophisticated, and well furnished with high tech, expensive equipment. Yes, none of this guarantees he is legitimate, and I can not explain the 28 years of no market product, but there is no comparison between the two.

• Mills is just the opposite of him.

I agree. That is why it drives me crazy when he starts stooping to Rossi-like rhetoric. Let us know when you actually are doing something, like for example the agreement is signed and the date is scheduled for who will get the hydrino sample, and who is the lab or whatever. Something verifiable. I thought of starting a thread on examples on how to both promote LENR (or alternative theories like GUTCP), and especially how NOT to promote LENR. There are some good recent example of positive methods (ex Mizuno and Jed, Hagelstein, Mills etc), but unfortunately dumpsters filled with negative methods (Rossi being the great satan here, but joined by other less than stellar methodology, which unfortunately I think Atom Ecology is a recent example). The biggest problem in my mind is making claims without evidence. Then being snarky to those asking for evidence.

• Official Post

I think this is a very relevant paper.

Charge Transfer during the Dissociation of H2 and the Charge Stateof H Atoms in Liquid Gallium

Dulce C. Camacho-Mojica,† Benjamin Cunning,† Shahana Chatterjee,† Sunghwan Jin,† Feng Ding,†,‡ Jean-Christophe Charlier,⊥ and Rodney S. Ruoff*,†,‡,§,∥

ABSTRACT: Ab initio calculations have been performed on the liquid gallium−hydrogen system at 100 °C. Gallium was found to interact with both free hydrogen atoms and H2, transferring charge in the process. First-principles computer modeling showed that the dissociation of H2 is a consequence of charge transfer in liquid gallium−hydrogen systems, even at low temperature. Once negatively charged, hydrogen atoms interact with each other and are stabilized by positively charged

gallium atoms inducing local atomic arrangements analogous to parts of the digallane molecule.

H2 Dissociation in liquid Gallium.pdf

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.