• The problem is that standard the model believes that the rotational momentum of elementary particles is a conserved quantity. This is correct for the magnitude only but not for the spin direction.

For photons - are not elementary particles - rather than elementary structures of energy, we can fix one of the two major axes but the other two still vary freely.

So the Stern-Gerlach experiment is based on incomplete knowledge and just tells that the particle inertial momentum really changes randomly.

Please do not believe that you can polarize photons 2 x 45o or 1 x 90o and get the same result. The problem is that you neglect the second major inertial axes that shows up in the Goos-Hänchen Experiment...(once twice..)

If you are interested in real physics then study it carefully as most physicist prefer amnesia once they did read it...

• I have updated an old post here while at it noted that people seam to rightfully argue that the quantization of the angular moment indicates that the classical theories can't explain that. Now in stead of inventing a whole new theory like QM, GUTCP suggests that we should postulate this fact. But this is a bit to rough for me and many skeptics here. Hence I and others have indicated that by adding a small amount of theory to GUTCP, e.g. helical EM structures (solonoids), we can actually quite exactly point to exactly what we add to the classical theories that makes this a needed postulate. The best guess I have, and I think it is reasonable and logical conclusion, are that a limiting of possible magnetic field values is behind this. You can find the math in the link, below.

Blog Post

I have also put it up on the redit discussions about GUTCP

• I have been arguing that QM is the wrong model and as I like to try to bust magic tricks, I am in a nice discussion with a gentleman that knows a lot about double slit experiments and especially all those arguments behind the wave particle interpretation and stuff like particles being in two places at a time. So QM want's us to believe that a photon will self interact going through two slits 5mm appart (10000X the wavelength) and create an interference pattern. One slot no interference patterns, two slit's interference pattern. This has been validated with a flow of 100 photons/s. So When I see this I ask myself what do we not see?.

First of all, photons are very particle like, and can be modeled as a pretty extreme solution to maxwell's equations in GUTCP or even considered something else. Do we see anything else than is pure Maxwell that has the same order of size and frequency? Like normal classical solutions to the Maxwell's equation. If you consider the radio receivers we have, Ericsson and all those companies does not use Quantum mechanics, but Maxwell!! But light is mainly through interaction through these non maxwellian photons in our technology. Something does not add up here and I view the laser output as a combination of more traditional Maxwell EM fields and these photon's. I know that people say that all EM fields are constructed through photons, but that just a theory. I can as well assume that there is a mix Maxwell is out there, we should also have more traditional solutions. So out of the laser comes a directed plumb pudding with some regularity like frequency and the field part could very well, just as all EM fields classically produce an interference at the double slit and interact with the photon particle to produce the result. So we can most likely (I do not believe in magic) actually detect the field part, but when we do that we attribute that to magic in stead of "a field" just as is the common interpretation of the double slit experiments.

• As far as I can tell, light does not interfere with light, despite what I was taught in high school. Cross two beams of light in a vacuum and they will go through each other like the other didn't exist. It's when light interacts with matter - such as going through appropriately placed material slits - that interference patterns later emerge on a screen. Or am I a lone crazy nutcase?

• As far as I can tell, light does not interfere with light, despite what I was taught in high school. Cross two beams of light in a vacuum and they will go through each other like the other didn't exist. It's when light interacts with matter - such as going through appropriately placed material slits - that interference patterns later emerge on a screen. Or am I a lone crazy nutcase?

I think about that often.
    Supposedly HE photons like gammas in a high flux can exert a small distortion effect on other low energy photons in a cross-cutting beam.

• Supposedly bosun's, like photons, can be piled up without limit. So they don't interact. So, what is happening when the researchers at U of M shine their table top lasers into a vacuum and produce electron positron pairs? Well, that caused me to postulate that at the level of the quantum foam elemental charges pop in and out of existence always maintaining net charge neutrality with no energy required. Now along comes Wyttenbach saying sometimes the destruction of an electron positron pair results in three photons being created. Need more data.

This is not crazy thoughts at all and quite on the spot. I think that the process where an atom excites and radiates need both a field component and a structural photon to unlock the energy transfer. So one can consider the probability of the action is dependent on how large the oscillating field is at that point and a photon must hit at the same time. This gives a

natural correlation between the interference pattern and the photon count. I could be wrong of cause as the concept of an unseen photons is not analyzed much in texts about slit experiments from what I've seen and if every photon indeed is registered then I must we wrong and somehow the beams must interact which has very little evidence for just as you say. And having two separate laser beams means that they must interact after the slit and then there is no matter until it hit the counter, hence the logical conclusion I make.

• Interesting comment in the Reddit about the fact that the shadow of the ladder from the regular light fixture is not "filled in" by the suncell light.

It does not appear very bright. Certainly not "56 MW/m2".

I hope this is not another e-cat SKLed.

And the total light should be measured over solid angle, 4 pi steradians, not area.

• Unless using a filtering lens, the CCD in most digital cameras will also pick up some short wave IR along with the light Try looking at the screen of a camera, in video mode, whilst pointing a TV remote control at the lens, and pressing some buttons.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.