• By measurement. It was about 20 years ago, so the details are hazy but the experiment is simple. Put a solenoid coil around one end of a steel bar -say a meter long. Energise the coil to create a short powerful pulse. At the other end of the bar you have a sensor- another coil. When the far end of the steel bar becomes magnetised the coil detects the flux and creates a current pulse. Both input pulse and output are measured using an oscilloscope. I cannot remember the lag figure, but it was clear and unambiguous.

Let's understand each other... You write about "electromagnet"... I wrote about permanent magnets... And that's what interests me - I'm interested in how this different FORCE is generated?

• Let's understand each other... You write about "electromagnet"... I wrote about permanent magnets... And that's what interests me - I'm interested in how this different FORCE is generated?

Stable Higgs mode in anisotropic quantum magnets
    Low-energy excitations associated with the amplitude fluctuation of an order parameter in condensed matter systems can mimic the Higgs boson, an elementary…
    arxiv.org

Stable Higgs mode in anisotropic quantum magnets

Rare earth magnets are able to produce LENR effects due to the energy potential that they generate. The potential is called the Mexican hat potential. Both the Higgs field, superconductors, and anisotropic quantum magnets produce the same energy potential called the Higgs mode. It is this potential through spontaneous symmetry breaking that produces the FORCE associated with all these systems.

• ... You write about "electromagnet"... I wrote about permanent magnets... And that's what interests me - I'm interested in how this different FORCE is generated?

EM and PM are different manifestations of the same force caused by the alignment of the orbital and intrinsic magnetic moments of the bound electrons of a ferromagnetic material (to take a simpler case)

Ordinarily, electrons in a material are arranged such that their magnetic moments cancel out. But sometimes—either spontaneously, or owing to an applied external magnetic field such as that produced by a current flowing in a nearby coil—the electron magnetic moments will tend to align. When this happens the bulk material produces a net total magnetic field.

• EM and PM are different manifestations of the same force caused by the alignment of the orbital and intrinsic magnetic moments of the bound electrons of a ferromagnetic material (to take a simpler case)

Ordinarily, electrons in a material are arranged such that their magnetic moments cancel out. But sometimes—either spontaneously, or owing to an applied external magnetic field such as that produced by a current flowing in a nearby coil—the electron magnetic moments will tend to align. When this happens the bulk material produces a net total magnetic field.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Believe it or not, special relativity produces magnetism in electromagnetism.

• EM and PM are different manifestations of the same force caused by the alignment of the orbital and intrinsic magnetic moments of the bound electrons of a ferromagnetic material (to take a simpler case)

Alan! Thanks for the answer ! But ... I would have accepted your answer 7 years ago as quite plausible, but today I cannot accept this, because. electrons have no orbital motion and, accordingly, there is no orbital magnetic moment of an electron in nature ... It follows from this that there is no "alignment of the orbital and intrinsic magnetic moment of bound electrons" in nature ... This is the first ... Second - for some reason you don’t explain the REASON for generating different strengths for permanent magnets of different power ...

On the other hand, I can understand you - modern physics poorly imagines the physics of both permanent magnets and electromagnets, since modern physics is erroneous and these errors in physics began with Maxwell's erroneous theory ...

• Rare earth magnets are able to produce LENR effects due to the energy potential that they generate. The potential is called the Mexican hat potential.

But wait a minute. You said over and over that LENR and EVO's produce "hexagonal" fields. Are these hexagonal Mexican hats? I never saw one. Or are the fields hexagonal during the week, and Mexican hat-like on weekends?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Believe it or not, special relativity produces magnetism in electromagnetism.

Such videos are a fairy tale for gullible children, and such videos have nothing to do with real physics - this is pure fantasy, which is not confirmed by anything ... This is not real physics, but "drawing physics".

• ...It follows from this that there is no "alignment of the orbital and intrinsic magnetic moment of bound electrons" in nature ... This is the first ... Second - for some reason you don’t explain the REASON for generating different strengths for permanent magnets of different power

Well, for now at least I find it convenient to stick with the concept of an electron which explains a lot of things simply- even if it doesn't explain everything. As for different magnets having different strengths, current theory is that this is a statistical matter, the more spins are aligned and the more the domains within the magnets are aligned the stronger the magnetic field created by any given material.

• But wait a minute. You said over and over that LENR and EVO's produce "hexagonal" fields. Are these hexagonal Mexican hats? I never saw one. Or are the fields hexagonal during the week, and Mexican hat-like on weekends?

The Mexican hat potential is associated with spontaneous symmetry breaking. Here is a WIKI about it.

The hexagonal shape formation of a super solid is associated with Bose condensation.

Supersolid - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org

also see

Study unveils a new supersolid phase in dipolar Bose-Einstein condensates
    Generally, matter exists in three distinct forms: as a solid, a liquid or a gas. Past physics research, however, has unveiled other curious states of matter,…
    phys.org

• printed magnetic fields. Amazing, and just the beginning.

Yes - really cute. Then I looked below the video...

7,043,176 views 20 Mar 2016

Seven years ago? So what has happened since?

See: https://www.polymagnet.com/applications/

A common problem with neat technologies, that are searching for an application, is that the best and most useful applications have probably not been invented yet - and trying to shoehorn the technology into an existing application, that probably already has a simple cheap solution, may not be cost effective in a competitive market place.

Of course that doesn't stop people from trying - and so they should. Look at "smart lighting"; expensive, unreliable, complex - and mostly bought by people who love gadgets. Most of us still use simple light switches. But for someone with a physical disability, they could be invaluable - and without the large gadget-freak market the cost for an installation would probably be unaffordable.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• Just want to add that I just added some "bug fixes" to my latest paper that should add some ideas of how to reach the conclusion of why the measurement of the positron is different then the electron that should be a known anomaly of the standard model. I do reproduce the measurement of the differences between the electron and the positron but currently the state is not entirely water proof and some numerology may be behind this result. The idea is to improve on such things later. I got the wrong information from google and hence needed to search for bug's in the argument and may have invented steps in the process. We will see what the future gives.

• Stefan.. before you start any modelling just restart building your basic physics skills else you will walk in a circle.

One very simple thing. A current along a circle wire is homogeneous. A current along a ball/sphere never. The speed varies between 0..c.

If you use a torus you can have homogeneous flux along 2 radii. But charge is always on one side thus there is no balance = flux is unstable.

So first thing to check before you do any math: I teh flux homogeneous and stable? This is about topology...

• They also apparently make excellent rocketry release mechanisms that replace the more dangerous explosive releases.

More to my original meaning is that it is now commonly possible to place highly many concentrated and opposing magnetic fields permanently in a very controlled manner. In pixels at high resolution. A replacement electromagnetic theory needs to allow for the types of magnets that these folks were making, since it was designed using the old theories (and a bit of engineering finesse).

I bet we don’t see the super cool stuff that they custom make very much. I note that on their website they several times state that they will not try custom levitation patterns, and for specific theory reasons it won’t work unless the plates are mechanically held stationary (Ed: plane parallel), in which case it is a spring, which they do make.

• Such videos are a fairy tale for gullible children, and such videos have nothing to do with real physics - this is pure fantasy, which is not confirmed by anything ... This is not real physics, but "drawing physics".

The permanent magnet will produce a vortex, whereas an electromagnet will not produce a vortex. The spin of the electrons in a permanent magnet carry angular momentum, whereas the electrons in the current of an electromagnet are random and the angular momentum is not organized and therefore not effective in vortex formation.

Why is this observation of vortex formation important in science?

In a Bose condensate, a number of vortexes will form. These vortexes will indicate the nature of the polariton structures that form within the condensate. This shows that the spins of the polaritons are magnetically organized and stationary as in a permanent magnet. There is no rotation or current of the spin carrying particles involved in a Bose condensate as witnessed in the formation of vortexes in the condensate. Within the condensate, there are multiple vortexes of both polarities. This vortex formation pattern indicates that these stationary spin structures form multiple stationary regions within the condensate.

The link to the bubble vortex formation at the end of the video.

• Neodymium magnet + screw + battery = electric motor. ZikValera - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4srkS-8na0

Electric current is the movement of the ethereal mass, which is "moved" by electrons - clusters of electrons. The movement of this mass is imeen and makes the magnet + screw rotate ... Where does the mass come from? Mass from a battery - this mass is stored by "mass-charged" clusters of bound electrons.

• I wish BLP the best, because in turn we will all benefit from their success, but I also take all their public statements with a grain of salt, specially after close to 20 years reading similar statements.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.