• Official Post

R. James Woolsey – Former Director of the CIA under President Bill Clinton

This must be new? That is, James Woosley is now part of the BrLP team. Or at least, it just appeared on Yahoo.

If so, that appears a "huge" development, but do not get too excited. JWK/GEC also was/is loaded with Washington DC. insiders, and they have yet to make themselves into a force for environmental change. Brillouin Energy Corp, also has a high powered, politically connected line up, yet are still a nobody.

Interesting though, like everything LENR.

• Official Post

I hesitate to post this as I am starting to wonder about BrLP, but in support of open science:

Randy Mills

Nov 13 9:56 AM

We are making great progress. I just filed patents on a new MDH thermodynamic cycle that is amazing. Engineering program is progressing well. More validation completed. Fantastic results on hydrino energetic material reactions. Just isn’t advantageous to constantly publicly announce and share our results.

• That he does validations is interesting because at this time validations should be possible longer times and with more traditional calorimeters. Also how many joules do you get out of 1 mol of hydrogene, that would be interesting to know.

Of cause you will not have scientific proof from those validators but currently believing that Mills is dishonest is a bit off the chart because that scam would involve so many peaple beeing dishonest that it aint probable. They could be misstaken

and that's why continuing efforts of validation is important.

• currently believing that Mills is dishonest is a bit off the chart because that scam would involve so many peaple beeing dishonest that it aint probable.

As we have seen here, there are numerous enablers to be found who want so much for a certain person's claims to be true that they will ignore obvious problems and wage battles on the internet to maintain their belief. So I do not think the conclusion you draw above is a safe or an obvious one.

• Eric@

Of cause you can find problems, people find problems with the genocide, figures in log books that doesn't add up etc and come to the conclusion that the genocide is a hoax. We can agree that this is crazy, but my point

is that if you dig you can find issues, bugs is all over us. However as far as I seen everybody beeing close to Mills seam to support him and that's quite a bunch by know. Buisness people that co-op with him does

not complain. He does explain that he has been misstaken and explained what the analysis of it where and then a mitigation plan. There is no evidences that Mills is running a hoax and actually don't believe in his work.

I kind of equalizes people that think that Mills is scamming with people believing that the genocide is a hoax. The world doesn't work like that, getting that amount of people to keep quite about the truth, lye with straight face

about the experiences and so on is way way too unlikely for the hoax to be true. The genocide example is of another magnitude of cause, but my judgement is still fixed - I view the believers of both hoaxes as doing the same misstake.

That's why I welcome more validations because Mills seam to be an optimistic guy and validations mitigate the drawbacks of that quite a lot.

• I kind of equalizes people that think that Mills is scamming with people believing that the genocide is a hoax.

I don't think this equivalence is a good one. As we have seen with GUT-CP and the recent "validations" and the novel protocol used in them, there are concrete reasons to be distrustful of BrLP. Are they scamming people? This is a hard question to answer with incomplete information. But it's conceivable that there could be a coterie of enablers that willfully look past the yellow flags and red flags and a small group that have motives other than bringing a product to market. I don't have a strong opinion in this specific case, but I don't rule out the possibility.

Of cause you will not have scientific proof from those validators but currently believing that Mills is dishonest is a bit off the chart because that scam would involve so many peaple beeing dishonest that it aint probable. They could be misstaken

and that's why continuing efforts of validation is important.

Thing is, you can absolutely prove and validate technology like Mills claims without endangering IP and it can be done independently by reliable test organizations. Mills has not done that in going on THIRTY YEARS. You have to ask why. As for all the people who work for him, people work for Rossi and people worked for Steorn and Defkalion and even Carl Tilley and Dennis Lee. People do their work and don't always ask questions when they have a job. Also, they may be asked to cover a narrow area and only the boss knows the "big picture."

As we have seen here, there are numerous enablers to be found who want so much for a certain person's claims to be true that they will ignore obvious problems and wage battles on the internet to maintain their belief. So I do not think the conclusion you draw above is a safe or an obvious one.

Exactly.

• @Maryyogo

The validation is of cause done to prove the system at a late stage. I have been close to development

inside my company and validation and critical analysis is typically done internally early, if you want to prove a

product you need a product you believe will be marketable and ready and then at a late stage it is validated

externally. When it comes to Mills earlier setups, they where simply not suitable in the end although

market talks to raise money was used as is used all over the corporate research field (we pitch an idea

early in order to get funding. the trick is to stop the project when things speaks against it) When it comes to

suncell only a small shot was possible before. One could deduce by different validators and persons that

there are extra joules created , sure someone made it easy to produce the reports, conforming to a template,

but it was different methods and different people that showed similar results I think these efforts was mainly

to address worries from the financiers, and get some kind of proof that it works although quite abstract

at that time. The result at that gate showed that it was potentially good to continue. What we know is that

most likely Mills can get it running in a close setup now, perhaps not hot enough, but in a way where you can

measure an over unity result compared to known physics. If I was on the board I would ask for that and I

would ask to keep the information internally to keep an edge to potential competitors until the IP is secured

and some time passes and you are getting close to a final product. When it comes to the validity of GUTCP

I'm deeply of opposite impression, for anyone wanting to know if there is something valuable in GUTCP I

would ask the them to enjoy http://www.c-lambda.se/a-deep-question.html, clearly Mills is not dreaming although

I understand why people don't grok GUTCP - one need to digest it quite a lot and I expect that in

the end better people than me will come and make something quite understandable out of all those ideas.

I do follow the debate about Mills and I'm not especially impressed by the counter arguments, for example people are

making a lot of noise about the OrbitSphere violating the cannot comb a sphere theorem - its quite explicit in gutcp

that the solution has singularities in the north and south pole and does not violate that theorem due to this and so

it goes on and on without a proper scholar discussion between Mills himself and another good academic, which is so

sorely needed because we others are mere mortals.

• I understand why people don't grok GUTCP - one need to digest it quite a lot and I expect that in

the end better people than me will come and make something quite understandable out of all those ideas.

The reason I don't grok GUT-CP is that I doubt that the results can be shown to be derived from earlier equations in GUT-CP. That makes them (possible, likely?) non-sequiturs and ad hoc. This doubt can be dispelled with a clear derivation of Mills's neutron-electron mass ratio, which we have attempted to walk through in the past, but which proved to be abortive. I am pessimistic that someone will follow through on such a clear exposition of this mass ratio.

• Official Post

Best thing Mills has going for him, is that early on he went to NASA and they replicated his light water cell. So at the least, he built on something vetted by the best. His later validations on the CIHT, and now the Suncell, as Eric mentioned may not be the most independent, but they still qualify as validations. Hey, I'll take them anyway they come in LENR. :) It's not like we can pick and chose the best!

Also, as Stefan said, he has a more going for him than the others venturing into commercial grade LENR have. Great advisory board. BODs chocked full of hard nose business men. 22 employees, including scientists working alongside, making any hanky-panky very difficult.

Weak points: Been over promising way too many years, GUT-CP, and his website sucks.

• Official Post

@Mary Yugo

You were discussing how few billionaires put money into LENR research. Well, Mills denies that his system is LENR, but I am reliably informed that 'The Sage of Omaha' in the guise of Berkshire Hathaway is one of his investors. So I am not sure whether this counts as 'billionaire investor in LENR' or not. But it is certainly a non-kissing cousin.

• The reason I don't grok GUT-CP is that I doubt that the results can be shown to be derived from earlier equations in GUT-CP. That makes them (possible, likely?) non-sequiturs and ad hoc. This doubt can be dispelled with a clear derivation of Mills's neutron-electron mass ratio, which we have attempted to walk through in the past, but which proved to be abortive. I am pessimistic that someone will follow through on such a clear exposition of this mass ratio.

When I mean grok I mean a severely rewritten and reworked parts. I have mainly worked with the link I put up in the last post and in a paper where I show that the orbitsphere does not radiate - a fact that is in dispute

all over the net. In all these effort I needed to work really really hard and take my time and then pieces fell on there places. This means that I use different methods than in GUTCP and you simply cannot work out a

single positive fact from it without a phd maturity in math modelling an a considerable invest in time and effort. It's the same with the part you ask for clarification. It's on my todo, but you should know that I think that

it's better to first explain the procession of the orbitsphere which is not well explained in GUTCP. So the story is that with procession you should be able to motivate why the electron angular momentum is hbar and not the intrinsic spin

hbar/2 that I'm currently using. Also I'm working with this on my spare time and also want to enjoy other things like programming my pet projects be with the kids and family and so on, and a enjoy the pen fights on other threads here.

• The arguments about Mill tech is best put aside until a interested party gets ahold of some of his SunCell used silver or some of his gas envelope. When transmutation is found in these reaction products, Mills will be required to explain how those transmutation produces formed, it is only a matter of time.

Best thing Mills has going for him, is that early on he went to NASA and they replicated his light water cell.

Seriously? I don't know what his "light water cell" is but I doubt that NASA replicated any of Mills' claims.

You were discussing how few billionaires put money into LENR research. Well, Mills denies that his system is LENR, but I am reliably informed that 'The Sage of Omaha' in the guise of Berkshire Hathaway is one of his investors. So I am not sure whether this counts as 'billionaire investor in LENR' or not. But it is certainly a non-kissing cousin.

That would be interesting if your source is right. It would be easy to confirm because all of BH's investments are disclosed and public.

What strikes me about Mills' claims is that if he really makes anomalous power with any of his devices, it would be *properly* and *credibly* testable and he has avoided that sort of testing for going on thirty years. At the time it came out, I tried to figure out what exactly Rowan Univ did with some sort of "fuel" material they got from Mills. But it was impossible to tell. Sure, whatever it was produced energy, but how would anyone know whether or not it took more energy to make it than it produced? There was no clue about how it was made or what amount of energy was required. And of course, that was many years ago. Mills keeps making devices which become more and more improbable with each iteration. It makes no sense at all. None of it. It's very Steornish and Rossiesque.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.