• Here's a question for you. What's your opinion on the physical reality of the magnetic vector potential?

You can ask the same question for all models. The vector potential has been introduced to get some symmetry into the math. And in fact if the problem has a high symmetry scalar effects can be modeled that way. QM also fits very good with reality if you restrict the range of the reality.

Thus: Any model that fits a problem has a certain physical reality.

My model made a prediction, the quantization of the proton magnetic moment. This is something else. Now we wait for the reality to fit the model...

• You can ask the same question for all models. The vector potential has been introduced to get some symmetry into the math. And in fact if the problem has a high symmetry scalar effects can be modeled that way. QM also fits very good with reality if you restrict the range of the reality.

Thus: Any model that fits a problem has a certain physical reality.

My model made a prediction, the quantization of the proton magnetic moment. This is something else. Now we wait for the reality to fit the model...

One positive that comes out of Wyttenbach's stream of consciousness is it does not include fusion and the penetration of the coulomb barrier.

• Official Post

Brilliant Light has successfully developed the technology to run long duration continuous hydrino reaction power at very high power levels and power gain.

Continuous plasma: red in seconds, status at 10 minute duration. See images below:

cubic-cell-test-111419-1.png

cubic-cell-test-111419-2.png

This is me talking now:

I have been trying to gather some background information about this latest test run. Not a first hand observation this time around, but what we got is certainly better than pure speculation. You can put "probably", in front of most of what I say:

The intent of this run was to convince investors the technology is now at, or near commercial viable. Not only due the longer run times, but the obvious rapid engineering progress from 2 months ago when cells were blowing apart in 5 secs.

The outside clear cover "safety shield" was added after earlier burn throughs, put the workers at risk. The reactor itself is under the camera tripod where you can see the red plasma. It is made out of either steel, tungsten, molybdenum, or an alloy thereof, and is *not* transparent. The cubic shape was chosen, because they feel it may be more resistant to meltdowns. In comparison, the previous dome that covered the reactor, was made of ceramic coated stainless steel, and not graphite as thought.

We do not have answers to how long the run lasted, although it was run to failure.

• I find it hard to believe that they are having so many failures and producing so much excess heat if only hydrino reactions are involved.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Perhaps their silver thread is metastable?

I don't know. However, every hydrino reaction is alleged to produce around 200eV. I don't think that is enough energy to account for the massive amount of heat they are seeing.

• Official Post

http://infinite-energy.com/

Infinite Energy Magazine has a new Part 3, of Ed Walls analysis of Mills. This one focuses on the "Dawning of the Suncell". To be honest, I did not know there was a Part 1 and 2, and never heard of Ed Wall before reading this. Nor that IEM had any interest in Mills, but their hosting the series shows how the LENR community considers him one of their own...which I am sure he does not want to hear. :)

Anyway, this part of the series is very up to date. Strictly speculation, but engineering, and theory based in nature. If I get any feed back, I will pass it on. Enjoy.

• Shane,

Thank you for the article. Please tell the author that I enjoyed it very much.

A few thoughts instantly pop up.

1) It's refreshing to hear that Black Light Power, just like Correa, Chernetsky, Tesla, and a host of other inventors, is using the abnormal glow discharge regime. Although this term isn't mentioned in the paper, it is the exact area of negative resistance he is talking about in the paper. This is a region that is unstable and can produce very fast and powerful transient current pulses. Moreover, the fact that he's pulsing the current through this region is also very interesting.

2) The author discusses the shockwaves produced in the system. In the systems I mentioned above, shockwaves were also present.

3) I wish the author would address the possibility of certain combinations of fuel inducing nuclear reactions. My guess is that Randall Mills is either producing nuclear reactions OR he is designing the system to avoid them.

My guess is that to induce nuclear reactions at a high rate you will need to maximize the shockwaves, use very catalytic elements to shrink the hydrogen to an even lower level, and then include elements like lithium which normally fuse very easily with hydrogen. If ordinary hydrogen can fuse with lithium at 200eV I suspect that a hydrino would fuse at even lower energies.

The advantage is that if you are producing LENR reactions you can seal the reactor and let it operate for a very long time because you are producing millions of eV per reaction rather than 200.

• 1) It's refreshing to hear that Black Light Power, just like Correa, Chernetsky, Tesla, and a host of other inventors, is using the abnormal glow discharge regime. Although this term isn't mentioned in the paper, it is the exact area of negative resistance he is talking about in the paper. This is a region that is unstable and can produce very fast and powerful transient current pulses. Moreover, the fact that he's pulsing the current through this region is also very interesting.

It does not seem to be what they are saying. They're not operating in the glow regime, but in the area next to point J where the voltage required to sustain the arc is minimal.

For purposes of gaining some insight into the SunCell, we pay attention to the region of arc discharge, specifically the region where impedance is negative, between I and J (Figure 4). This is where the cell operates (although the cell is not a vacuum), where current increases as voltage decreases, more specifically, slightly to the left of J, with minimal voltage. The line is dashed in the area where the reaction can occur, but where it is not stable, due to the extreme negative resistance. The voltage is low because the conductor has very low resistance, being silver or gallium, with a fairly large crosssectional area, enough to conduct many thousands of Amps. Voltage is minimized, yet current flow is massive. This is an area perhaps mostly explored by welding engineers, who do not want to have hydrogen get near the metal, and certainly not water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glow_discharge

• Regardless of terminology, the concept used by the Correa's, Tesla, Chernetsky, and others is to utilize the negative resistance zone to produce a very fast current ramp and then stop before an ordinary arc discharge with positive resistance is created.

The excess energy mode of operation of a typical Correa discharge device involves cyclic current oscillations in the EF region of the operational characteristic depicted in Fig. 1 of U.S. Patent No. 5,416,391.

http://www.aetherscience.org/w…g-uk/reports/ES8/esr8.htm

ES8fig1.gif

• Aspen 1996 wrote

"the neutron exhibits a magnetic moment .and all we really know about the properties of a neutron apply to something that only exists as an unstable particle

having a mean lifetime of the order of 15 minutes. It is mere hypothesis to suggest that neutrons exist alongside protons in atomic nuclei"

Wyttenbach ab initio calculated the neutron magnetic moment

correct to 5 significant figures, 2017

His calculations show that neutrons exist alongside protons

(in 3D and 4D space)

in deuterium , helium and other atomic nuclei.

https://www.researchgate.net/p…r-and-particle-physics-20

9.66236504 {10(-27) J/T)} is better than quantum mechanics or Randell Mills.for neutron magnetic moment

QM quark model (Classical) ab initio

(9) 3946 3437

Randell Mills model ab initio

(9) 6597 5920

Wyttenbach(Mills+5D)-2017 ab initio

(9) 6623 6504

Measured

(9) 6623 (3094)

• Official Post

New video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not as exciting as the others, because it is very controlled with no burn through of the reactor. Being unexciting though, is good news for the R/D phase I guess. If you want a little thrill, start at 3:00. Unless you count the fan being brought in. :) Good progress it looks like to me. Starting to see some faces other than Mills, which may be a sign of confidence. That is supported by the caption:

"Shakedown testing of our inverted-pedestal-electrode reactor before our planned demonstration for DOD scientists next week."

As you may recall, BLP was supposed to have had an open house for the military (DOD) in October. Since 31 October, I have pestered our friend as to what happened, but he deflected each time I asked. Made me suspicious I have to admit, but whatever...looks like it is on now for December.

• The DoD knows that BLP technology is basically cold fusion or LENR in disguise. I've read their recent paper and it seems like they have overcome some of the obstacles of the silver based Suncell. If they can get that system working reliably, they would be closer to a practical system. The DoD would be very aware of the disruptive potential of such a technology and would probably seek to find some way to control the emergence of the technology - if they don't want exclusive access for a certain period of time. I don't think it is likely, but there is also a non-trivial chance that they could classify the Suncell and related technologies for a period of time.

BLP needs to be ready for anything the DoD may try. BLP may not believe it, but the military has seized many technologies and patents in the past and continue to do so year after year.

I still think that BLP will start working on a more QX version of the technology in the near future. It is possible their new Quartz reactor is a step towards that. By utilizing a plasma instead of molten metal, they would be able to simplify the system dramatically.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.