• Here is the quote.

We have developed an H2, O2, and H2O compatible all-quartz cell that has
    been fabricated by a vendor.

I think it is likely that they could add a certain amount of lithium and argon and end up with a device that works extremely well. My guess is that Mills might know how to run it so that nuclear reactions don't happen very often and that most of the energy produced is from the hydrino transition. I think he may have to do that to protect his patent portfolio. In that case, the QX would have an advantage in that it would not need a continual source of hydrogen. I think over time Mills will have to admit that he can push his systems to produce LENR reactions as well.

• Seven of Twenty,

I don't think that information has been revealed yet. But I expect there was significant excess heat and it was measured reasonably well. Of course in some of these experiments they may not be measuring excess heat production and could simply be testing various reactor designs to try and find one that can remain intact for an extended period of time. My guess is that they will discover that their quartz reactor working with pure plasma (perhaps traces of metal vapor) will be the most long lasting. I really hope they will do tests of cutting off the hydrogen feed and modulating the power input to see if they can find "zones" in which nuclear reactions start occurring so that a continual supply of hydrogen would not be required. Of course the best reactor design to trigger such nuclear reactions may or may not be their quartz reactor.

If they don't test a hydrogen, lithium, argon mix in the quartz reactor I'll be very disappointed. My guess is under the right pulse rate and stimulation they would start seeing alpha particle production.

• @SOT

I dont know anything about the equipment used in the current experiments, but they published a paper this year with their "shot ignition" experiments and I think it makes sense that they still use these instruments:

from here: https://www.brilliantlightpowe…st-Power-Paper-050818.pdf

Excerpt:

"The current and voltage traces as a function of time were recorded at a time resolution of 56 ns via 60

MHz digital oscilloscope (Picotech, Picoscope 5442B) using a voltage and current probe. The voltage was
    measured by a 25 MHz 70 V 10:1 differential voltage probe (Picotech, model TA041) accurate to +/-2% and the
    current was measured with a Rogowski coil (PEM, LFR 15/150/700) that was accurate to +/-0.3%. The
    relationship of the light emission to the current and voltage of the ignition power source was studied to
    determine the real power into the shot. "

• The 4th Quarter Business and Analytical Updates: https://brilliantlightpower.com/fourth-quarter-2018-update/

Mills did some interesting measurements with his "hydrino foam" he got from the reactions.

He certainly measures dense hydrogen, but the matches cannot rule out that he sees the same as Santilli did see decades ago. We know from Holmlids experiments too that in the region Mills claims to see H(1/4)he also measure deep Hydrogen species. Nevertheless Mills makes much better measurements than Holmlid does and it would be great if Holmlid could do the same as Mills did.

I'm pretty sure that sooner or later a better model will occur that is able to explain both phenomena.

Just to remind you:Mills model requires an increase of the central force that he finally attributes to charge, what is not possible with the classic equation. He misses to show that a photon captured in the classic orbit can be the source of that force increase. He also neglects any relativistic treatment of the orbit motion which should be significant if we assume classic (non magnetic) orbits. In general photons only couple with magnetic flux. Thus the solution is to find an equivalence relation between magnetic flux and dynamically generated charge.

Recent modeling points in the direction, that the treatment of the electron in e.g. the proton orbit must be done on a magnetic flux base.

• Official Post

https://e-catworld.com/2018/12…est-to-destruction-video/

ECW is reporting on this video. It is a few months old, and it was not intended to be run to destruction. You can see that by the workers reactions to the burn-through. After this test, they added the safety shield. The next test in that series was the 10 minute run. In a few days they will be demonstrating to the DOD, so clearly progress is being made.

• Quite a lot of new materials has beenadded to BrLP's home page.

1. New revision of the theory

2. Validation of the theory (calculation that the formulas is correct it looks, so less interesting because I already knew this)

3. Some new movies, not so exciting in my view, but still they are showing that they work. This is

with photovoltaics. I would be more satisfied if they concentrated on the thermal though and presenting a

proper calorimetric validation. We still don't know how much hydrogen is needed for each MJoule.

• Official Post

This is with photovoltaics. I would be more satisfied if they concentrated on the thermal though and presenting a

proper calorimetric validation. We still don't know how much hydrogen is needed for each MJoule.

Stefan,

I think the MHD Suncell was proving too challenging, so they refocused on the PV Suncell. They are still developing the Thermal Suncell, which is probably close to going commercial. They are able to run the two programs after freeing up money by shutting down the business development team last year. With the savings they hired some extra engineers, and more equipment.

The latest PV video from Dec 10th: https://brilliantlightpower.com/plasma-video/ with the taper-slant cell (seen also on Pg 55 of 4th Qtr Update), is a new approach to utilize the UV directly from the reaction. The older version used the carbon sphere to convert the UV, and soft x-ray light produced by the Hydrino reaction, into visible light spectrums, which were then to be captured using conventional PV technology.

• Another video on the news page Shane linked in the post above. Sounds promising - a water bath is an important step towards "energy in - energy out" analysis. I really like the title of the video. Reads like a recent boost in confidence - if I had to guess, I would assume that the DoD meeting went good for BLP.

• They are excited over there, that is for sure. Looks like the R/D is going very well. Hiring those extra engineers must have something to do with it.

BrLP is like the company that cried wolf. If they ever finally have something will anyone believe them? I thought the videos in Sept showed great progress, and that there was a 50/50 chance that they might be able to demonstrate a clear over-unity device within a few months time based on what I saw. I am still holding to that so basically b/w now and March. But 50/50 is too risky to make a serious wager on it.

It’s a strange thing that not many people are following this. If they can submerge the thermal cell into a water bath and show a significant heat gain that beats any known chemical reaction, for even just one minute, it would be imo the greatest scientific demo in decades (if not longer). It would be Mills for the win. I hope it happens.

• Black Light Power has admitted to one problem: in previous systems the reaction rate was low because electrons emitted from catalytic elements interacting with atomic hydrogen created a space charge that would block additional reactions from taking place. The pulsating almost arc discharge eliminates this barrier and there is a huge increase in the reaction rate. I'm thinking that the same conditions that increase the hydrino generation rate also increases the nuclear reaction rate and that's what is making these reactors destroy themselves. Once they realize that nuclear reactions are happening as well they can figure out how to manage what is happening. First of all, I'd suggest they try to trigger the reactions with the same hydrogen rather than a flow of hydrogen.

Of course after decades of attacking LENR as being total fantasy, they'd probably rather let their technology fade away into obscurity than admit that the hydrino tech and LENR are connected.

• Official Post

BrLP is like the company that cried wolf. If they ever finally have something will anyone believe them?

To their credit, they know and acknowledge the errors of their old ways. That turned many people off, including me. I call it Mills Fatigue. They may be baffled no one is as excited as they are, but quickly agree when Alan and I respond they have no one but themselves to blame. Even before Mills shut down his Yahoo discussion, he said no more promises, and he has kept to his word.

That said, things are looking promising. Hard not to start feeling a little optimistic. About half of their 25 employees are engineers, scientists, and you can see all the new equipment/toys they bought for them. That is probably why this acceleration of tests/videos. It is possible all these smart people are fooling themselves, but unlikely. Or that they would be so foolish to invite the DOD for a demo, when they have nothing. Never know though, so I stay neutral, leaning towards positive.

• I would say that BLP has proven they have something that produces excess energy. I'd even say they have something that can at times produce copious excess energy - melting down their reactors. What I don't think is proven that the hydrino interpretation of what they are observing is correct. Obviously, their catalytic elements work and are doing something, but I don't believe we have proof that "something" is shrinking the electron orbit. I do tend to think hydrinos are at least plausible, but right now results matter much more than theory.

• I would say that BLP has proven they have something that produces excess energy. I'd even say they have something that can at times produce copious excess energy - melting down their reactors. What I don't think is proven that the hydrino interpretation of what they are observing is correct. Obviously, their catalytic elements work and are doing something, but I don't believe we have proof that "something" is shrinking the electron orbit. I do tend to think hydrinos are at least plausible, but right now results matter much more than theory.

There is lots of experimental evidence that the electron is closer to the proton as per the hydrino scenario.

From Power Determination and Hydrino Product Characterization of Ultra-low Field Ignition of Hydrated Silver Shots

"The catalysis reaction product H2(1/4) was identified by Raman spectroscopy, photoluminescence emission spectroscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and MAS 1H NMR"

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.