Rossi and Cures [split]

• Official Post

If it was actually possible to use a special catalyst to load ultra-dense hydrogen into non-active materials as I described, the Rossi way (whatever it truly is) might not necessarily be the best. One could use plain foils, or wires, and then, after a large loading of those H(0) clusters is somehow confirmed, attempt to pass an electrical current through them, whether in a controlled manner or by discharging a capacitor bank. Perhaps that would be enough to induce the same reaction that Holmlid observes with a laser.

Rossi may actually have done this at some point...below is a somwhat strangulated Google translation of an old post by Cures (from the waybackmachine) located for me by the estimable Hank Mills some time ago. Worth pointing out that hot tungsten wires dissociate H2, as will copper, magnesium, and perhaps cobalt/iron. I am hoping to obtain top-class translations of these btw. That is, if the Italian-language originals still exist. There is a lot of material there on triggering etc. The point of interest here is that Cures (who fell out with Rossi over his propensity to leak information) knew a lot about all the systems, and also knew Fiovoranti (yes he is a real and entirely separate persona) and both were present at a test done for the Italian Army (date unknown to me). But apparently it really happened.

Cures posted....."Copper - Raney nickel cuprate [!], cobalt and iron - the intrinsic pyrophoricity metal powders - problem of contamination of the office by oxygen - voices in the e-Cat takes place a contact between water and active charging - period of hours between start and power - conditioning of charge through cycles of absorption and release of H [but suffice do this once] - temperature-pressure cycle, the "tablet" on range pressurized much more limited - Pordenone observations a) we are operating at 1050C [!, and 350C of the third party? topic proton ceramics and their thermal limits], b) it is like in one hundred meters - count the hundredths of a second [interval "phonon" restricted power? - Instantaneous heating ramps [resistances tungsten] very accentuated] - hydrides that split in the release of the metal surface, particularly manifest with magnesium. For other time thoughts in sull'esafluoruro freedom of lanthanum, the bromine [= smell] and on acids Brønsted / protons. Good night."

• Alan Smith

The originals do exist ... but older messages appear to have had their attachments (images and documents) stripped out together with text formatting, so they can be hard to follow.

The above excerpt seems to be mixing together text from Cures and another user, unless you're suggesting that they're the same person.

I've been made aware too much time ago that Cures and "Fioravanti" are two different persons, but I couldn't confirm that myself.

http://cobraf.com/forum/forum/…ea-rossi-20889/?page=1597

• Official Post

I find the interaction of heated tungsten with hydrogen interesting for reasons that go beyond dissociation of hydrogen; I wonder whether tungsten can be induced to fission or to decay by way of alpha decay, as it is quite heavy and already has an isotope that is a natural alpha emitter.

Cures suggested elsewhere that using Tungsten made too many Neutrons, so it was dropped. They also used Constantan at one point- not as a heater but perhaps influenced by Celani as some kind of catalytic element.

ETA- sorry if they are scrambled - I am just getting what might be called 'rambling cut N' pastes. And Cures and Fiovoranti are definitely 2 real and different people. He is also a real colonel who was seconded to NATO and for reasons one could only imagine is next to impossible to find on the web. Some might take that as proof he is imaginary, but I have had a first-hand account of his reality.

• but I have had a first-hand account of his reality.

Did this person who had a front row seat to what would be the most amazing power source ever discovered if it is real simply drop off the planet?

Or is he working underground now with some other organization? I truly am interested in this topic. If he is doing his own work or moved on to some other

researcher, I could understand. What I would find hard to understand, if someone who had the understanding that he evidently did, would simply walk away and never return. Heck, I am an extremely marginal player in this drama and I cannot stay away!

How could someone who had seen first hand, the supposed wonders of the eCat walk away from LENR. It would be similar to Howard Carter who said

"'Can you see anything?' it was all I could do to get out the words, 'Yes, wonderful things!”

Thank you.

• Official Post

He never walked into it, he was driver and gopher for the science crew not once but quite a few times. Not a technician himself, or even a scientist. However, a highly literate, intelligent and acute observer of human nature and totally honest and straightforward in every aspect of his life - and a long-time good friend of mine - a friendship pre-dating him brushing up against Rossi.

• Rossi may actually have done this at some point...below is a somwhat strangulated Google translation of an old post by Cures (from the waybackmachine) located for me by the estimable Hank Mills some time ago. Worth pointing out that hot tungsten wires dissociate H2, as will copper, magnesium, and perhaps cobalt/iron. I am hoping to obtain top-class translations of these btw.

To clarify, what I actually I meant here is that potentially one could render an otherwise inert metal active in a dedicated reactor and then "ignite" it in a different one. A Rossi analogue could be for example him using specially loaded Ni powder for a demonstration, with the loading step not shown or omitted.

Overall this concept would not be far different than what Holmlid has already proposed in his lapsed patent application (he stopped paying the fees), where the production of ultra-dense hydrogen (only deuterium at the time) occurs in a different place than where it's ignited with a laser.

If this ignition occurs inside a material and not the surface perhaps it might be expected to see different outcomes than what Holmlid normally does.

Cures suggested elsewhere that using Tungsten made too many Neutrons, so it was dropped. They also used Constantan at one point- not as a heater but perhaps influenced by Celani as some kind of catalytic element.

But I think these solutions may have still been intended to provide both production+ignition environments at the same time as in most LENR experiments.

• Official Post

And Cures and Fiovoranti are definitely 2 real and different people

Not a technician himself, or even a scientist. However, a highly literate, intelligent and acute observer of human nature and totally honest and straightforward in every aspect of his life - and a long-time good friend of mine - a friendship pre-dating him brushing up against Rossi.

Alan,

If what you are saying is the truth, then this Fioravanti, who you now claim is not Cures....although Rossi himself, and ECW have linked them together as one and the same for the past 3 years, was used by Rossi for the 28 Oct 2011 Military Customer Acceptance test. Yet your "friend" Fioravanti, did not utter a peep in outrage? Hmmm. And he is "honest and straightforward" you say? That test was definitely staged. Even Rossi admitted much later, after much lying before, that it (1MW) never went anywhere....so it was all an elaborate hoax.

So, you might want to ask your friend why he allowed Rossi to use him, and never said a word about it publicly. Sorry, I am having a hard time believing what you said.

• Official Post

Shane. For the record. Fiovoranti was not 'my friend'' nor was he gophering for the science crew. Another person altogether was doing that- who is a friend of mine. I have never met Fiovoranti, emailed him or spoken to him or Cures. As for 'if what you are saying is the truth' - why would it not be? What would I possibly have to gain by lying about this?

• Official Post

Alan,

OK then, Fioravanti is not your friend, and you got this second hand from "another person altogether", that happens to be your friend, yet this friend of yours told you Fioaravanti "was not gophering for the science"...whatever that means, and this means what?

And no, I did not mean to imply that you did not tell the truth, but that what you were told may not be accurate.

• Andrea Rossi July 24, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Dear CURES (Prof. Fioravanti):

Very good suggestions, thank you very, very much.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Cures September 15, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Caro Andrea

non riesco a spedirti posta all’indirizzo [email protected]

Mi viene respinta con la dicitura -impossibile inviare il messaggio-

La mia posta sembra funzioni. Hai problemi con la tua?

Domenico

• Official Post

Shane - are you kidding me? There are three characters in this scene. Cures, Fiovoranti, and my particular old friend who was fetching coffee and driving for the science crew. As well as that he is a very skilled linguist and translator. That's three, not two , not one. Three. ETA - 'gophering' = Vernacular, going fer this, going fer that. An assistant who fetches and carries.

Paradigmnoia - Your the little post above is Rossi 'fake news' for sure. He has been known to do this kind of thing.

• Alan Smith ,

Fake news?

Cures and Fioravanti have been tangled since the posts above.

Before signing his name Domenico Fioravanti in Bologna on Oct 28, 2011 (colonel crossed out).

Before the "Penon" (cover paged) report "leak" where he was subsequently outed by Rossi and in the same message Unibo was outed by Rossi for good measure.

• At the time I was monitoring the changes of the "all comments" page from the rossilivecat blog (which used to be publicly linked) and I remember that at some point that bit got added and that I found rather strange that such an old comment would be edited that way. Perhaps I may be remembering something else, or I could be wrong on the exact moment this happened. As I mentioned I can't prove it; snapshots from archive.org are too sparse and I didn't save screenshots or took notes about it. It may as well be that it got first deleted, then added again.

Either way, it's way off-topic here. If this discussion including previous comments on the subject could be moved on a separate thread - perhaps in the "Rumors" or "Rossi and IH" section, that would be great.

• Thanks for splitting the thread. I'm open for translation requests of selected excerpts from Cures' comments.

AlainCo I think the "and ultra-dense hydrogen" part in the title can be safely removed; more detailed discussions about that can go in the Holmlid thread.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.