A large list of Rossi patents

• I notice there have been several provisional applications for an "X-Rays transparent reactor" throughout the years. I wonder if it's for an X-Ray activation system for the reaction, that could be important. It could have some implications for third party observations in the past: for instance Francesco Celani measured energetic gamma peaks (counts only) during the January 2011 demo. What if Rossi tried to use an X-ray generator?

61/962,001 October 29, 2013 X Rays Transparent Reactor

61/967,664 March 24, 2014 X-Ray Transparent Reactor and its Application in a Jet Engine

62/123,147 November 10, 2014 X Rays Transparent Reactor with 1 MEV Excitation

62/177,708 March 23, 2015 X-Rays Transparent Reactor and its Application in a Jet Engine

Unknown October 21, 2015 X-rays transparent reactor with 1 MEV exicitation

Unknown March 21, 2016 X-rays transparent reactor and its application in a jet engine

• ISTR that Rossi says that ecats generate x-rays and Gammas internally, but they are stopped by the reactor walls.

This sounds as if he's found a way to let the x-rays out. I don't see any way to use these to power a jet engine ... maybe it could be attached to an engine to give an x-ray image/movie of the engine in action.

We know from the emails that Boeing was involved. In a 207-18 email Rossi says "We are ready to start experiments with a small and old jet engine."

• Alan Fletcher

I do really mean using them to start the reaction. Others have proposed this, like for example Piantelli in this patent, item [0016]

(EDIT: but in retrospect, perhaps in Piantelli's case item [0053] in this other patent is worded more explicitly: see below)

Even Leif Holmlid has suggested this in his lapsed patent application:

[0056] When the carrier 3 has reached the irradiation location 9, the ultradense hydrogen H(-1) at the fuel collection portion 16 of the carrier 3 is irradiated in step 103. The ultra-dense hydrogen may be irradiated using, for example, a laser beam provided by the laser 7, but other types of irradiation may be used instead of laser irradiation. For example, the ultra-dense hydrogen may be irradiated using one or several ion beams or X-ray beams. To reach break-even, the irradiation should have sufficient energy. The requirements and experimental results regarding this will be discussed further below under the headings "Theoretical discussion" and "Experimental results".

• These ones are probably also very much related to what I previously posted. "Irradiation" by what? It could be X-rays, given the titles of other provisional patent applications Rossi made, and of course information from patents by other authors, as shown above.

61/960,810 September 27, 2013 Irradiation System to Increase the Rossi-Effect

62/071,456 September 25, 2014 Irradiation system to increase the Rossi effect

Unknown September 23, 2015 Irradiation system to increase the rossi-effect and produce direct current

2. What is the "White Dwarf derived pressure system combined with Casmir effect and Van der Waals forces" ?... This has to be one of the most intriguing patent applications titles I have ever heard of!

ROFL, definitively, the best rubbish after the picture of the blue-violet glowing something...

• ISTR that Rossi says that ecats generate x-rays and Gammas internally, but they are stopped by the reactor walls.

This sounds as if he's found a way to let the x-rays out.

I just had a thought. An X-ray tube is essentially a vacuum tube where electrons are accelerated with a high voltage (typically tens-hundreds of kilovolts) towards the anode-metal target. In principle this doesn't sound too much different than what a QuarkX is supposed to be according to the most recent information.

If X-ray irradiation can start the reaction, if the reaction itself can produce X-rays/low level gammas, and if conveniently an X-ray tube is a possible reactor configuration, then we have that the reactor itself, depending on the mode of operation, can be the activator for another reactor or even for itself. So perhaps this could be another possible reason for having a reactor transparent to X-rays.

These provisional patent applications may thus be relevant to this idea too.

61/855,456 May 16, 2013 System of Activator and Reactor to Improve the cop of LENR Reactors

61/996,282 May 5, 2014 System of Activator and Reactor to Improve COP of LENR Reactors

Unknown May 5, 2015 System of activator and reactor to improve the COP of LEHR reactors

• If X-ray irradiation can start the reaction, if the reaction itself can produce X-rays/low level gammas, and if conveniently an X-ray tube is a possible reactor configuration, then we have that the reactor itself, depending on the mode of operation, can be the activator for another reactor or even for itself. So perhaps this could be another possible reason for having a reactor transparent to X-rays.

Reminds me of the Cat and Mouse solution that was once introduced.

Maybe not only heat control (by heat transfer rate and capacity) but also X-ray intentsity are both control parameters, or maybe even mainly X-ray intensity.

In that case it would be nice to have a tuneable resistance for X-rays, e.g. at the skin of the reactor.

In one of Piantelli's patent applications there are mechanical control mechanisms indicating such option.

(click the attached picture for a complete view)

• I wonder if the spectra of the suncell and the QuarkX have similarities. If they really work as advertised...

• Have a look at these very similar provisional patent application titles (they contain typos):

61/958,962 August 12, 2013 Additive for Exothermic Reactions

61/999,582 August 1, 2014 Additive for Esothermic Reactions with Hydrides, Hydrogen, Deuterium and Nickel, in particular, LiARH4

Unknown July 5, 2015 Additive for Esothermic Reactions with Hydrides, Hydrogen, Deuterium and Nickel, in particular, LiARH4

Of these, the one in the middle isn't in the list in the opening post. Can you guess why? The answer is probably that it's been used for the world patent application for the "Fluid Heater" patent that was granted in the USA and that Tom Darden referred to as part of the licensed Industrial Heat IP in an interview on Fortune. That provisional patent application won't be available on the USPTO website as it's likely been abandoned for a new similar one (the third one, filed in 2015), but it's available in the WIPO website on the public patent application page for "Fluid Heater".

• There are other interesting errors in the provisional patent title list, like for example LENR -> LEHR or Gas -> GA. I suspect that this list provided by Industrial Heat may have been OCR'd from a printed document as it contains typical OCR errors in addition to Rossi-isms. Apparently these applications weren't supposed to be public, so the source probably wasn't the USPTO website.

On an unrelated note and again on the subject of a possible connection with the previously discussed X-ray/vacuum tube idea, these applications may be relevant to it too:

61/961,994 October 29, 2013 Vacuum Enhanced Reactor

Unknown October 27, 2014 Vacuum Enhanced Reactor

62/284,646 October 27, 2015 Vacuum enhanced reactor

• These provisional patent application titles appear to be related to each other:

61/961,286 October 10, 2013 White Dwarf Derived Theory, Process, Apparatus

62/122,050 October 10, 2014 White dwarf derived theory, process, and apparatus

62/284,645 October 6, 2015 White dwarf derived theory, process, apparatus and its applications

62/176,221 February 13, 2015 White dwarf derived pressure system combined with casimir effect and van der waals forces

Unknown February 24, 2015 White Dwarf Derived Pressure System Combined with Casimir Effect and Van der Waals Forces

62/388,774 February 8, 2016 White dwarf derived pressure system combined with casimer effect and van der waals forces

61/848,143 December 22, 2012 New Theory Regarding Reactions between Nickel, Lithium, Hydrogen: Weak Interaction Energy

Unknown December 20, 2013 (mailing date) New Theory regarding Reactions between Nickel, Lithium, Hydrogen: Weak Interaction Energy and in a Mirror Effect Reactor

62/124,114 December 9, 2014 Theory regarding reaction between nickel, lithium, hydrogen weak interaction energy and in a mirror effect reactor

Unknown December 5, 2015 New theory regarding reaction between nickel, lithium, hydrogen weak interaction energy and in a mirror effect reactor

I think "Mirror effect" in the last group of patents is a reference to the Casimir effect mentioned in the second group; for example see this link or this one. Since the Van der Waals force is related to the Casimir effect, it seems that Rossi believes that it's important for whatever exothermic reaction occurs with metals and hydrogen. I suspect here the "weak interaction energy" is not a reference to the weak nuclear force, but actually weak intermolecular forces, of which the Van der Waals force is an example.

• Official Post

I'm not sure the Q-X temperature is all that low. If (as I suspect) there is an initial HVDC arc or glow discharge rapidly followed by a LVDC 'maintenance current', then it is I guess possible that it is a gas/vapour plasma based on hydrogen laced with lithium and aluminium vapour, No actual dust involved.

• Well it's a very long shot I guess but I'm trying to think of possible endothermic processes that would not need material moved in and out.

I have heard of at least one endothermic process that might fit:

https://disqus.com/home/discus…ory_carl_oscar_gullstrom/

Alan DeAngelis  Alan DeAngelis10 months ago

Pardon me, it should read:

He(4) + Ni(58) > Cr(50) + C(12) -7.54 MeV

And we could also have:

He(4) + Ni(60) > Cr(52) > C(12) - 6.6 MeV

Just wondering if the Cr in Parkhomov’s experiment might have come from an alpha reaction.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.