IH Test: "Caveated" COP of 5-9, didn't produce a SINGLE WATT of excess heat....

• Bob,

I think that Ni-H LENR does not work, I have said it as such very clearly

I can respect that. You have been clear and shown your logical reasoning. I cannot prove Ni-H works nor would I risk much on the "bet that it does" right now. I do think that there is enough credible work (Cravens, Storms, etc) that provide enough credible data to continue the investigation.

What is unfortunate, is that some base their faith on what they want to be true, not objective facts.

I have hope that a LENR process may be found that can be of great value to the world. I have little fact that shows that is will be available soon.

It is a wide division we see here. There are those who's faith is based upon the end result rather than the supporting facts. The end result of the eCat working is so great, that they must adhere to anything that supports that end. It simply cannot be that it is not real, so they become blind to anything negative against it! Sad.

• But throwing his technology into the trash just because of his personality and behavior patterns are highly questionable is even worse -

You have stated several times that the eCat is real, it must be. You have stated that other LENR researchers have not faced criticisms because they are not high powered.

Please realize that your own hopes have been dashed by Rossi. He no longer pursues the eCat at 1MW. He is only working on the Quark at 20 watts! COP means very little at 20 watt power.

Why would Rossi drop such a world changing reactor as the 1MW plant if it worked at COP's of 80-90 and produced as he stated the 1 year test did? Why has he dropped it to go to the low powered QuarkX?

Your dreams of high powered LENR has been dashed by Rossi himself!

And once the QuarkX has become indefensible, he will shift attention away with the next great revelation.

eCat -> Gas Cat -> Hot Cat -> back to eCat -> eCatX -> Quark -> QuarkX -> ......?????

• My position has evolved over time. I still believe in LENR in different forms, so it would be very hard if not impossible to convince me otherwise. It (muon fusion) among others plainly works. I took a break and looked at other's rigs. Using LENR-CANR.org I looked at others setups. I thought at the time I could create something that would have low levels of fusion using plasma. And I am sure it would, the problem is that it would not create any excess power. Then I looked at what SRI and others are using for calorimetry. Well dang, (I said shaite) I would not be able to create anything in my garage that could do any better without a working theory. To borrow an idea from another area Noethers theorem. We have no working theory that violates any laws nor can it. And only a vague-- at best hypothesis. I think a possible answer lies in the Mössbauer effect. I put on the Rossi channel just to entertain he has no science.

Sorry that image is so BIG....

EneaMassSpec1.jpg

• I thought at the time I could create something that would have low levels of fusion using plasma. And I am sure it would, the problem is that it would not create any excess power. Then I looked at what SRI and others are using for calorimetry. Well dang, (I said shaite) I would not be able to create anything in my garage that could do any better without a working theory. To borrow an idea from another area Noethers theorem. We have no working theory that violates any laws nor can it.

Rigel : Did you read Lipinskis patent and do you understand why they get a Q-factor (= raw COP) over 3000 ??

If you leart just the old wrong theory and never looked at Mills, then you will never understand cold fusion!

• If you remove Rossi from the LENR story, then it becomes apparent that high energy LENR is going to be complicated, technologically advanced, and not very likely to be something one does in their garage.

Rossi never operated in a garage. He is (and was) always in industry plants. Rossi technology is complicated and not trivial. If you remove him from LENR history what remains is years of attempts with poor results. LENR was almost forgotten before Rossi.

• I hope we hear more of what further testing took place with this reactor that produced a caveated COP of 5-9.

• Official Post

Whoever is Rossi, we don't need him.

We can even ignore NiH until better evidences are available.

PdD experiments are numerous, and show energy density potentially huge, even if not mastered.

The only problem today is getting a theory that work, that allows to design material that host LENR.

I'm nearly sure than when there is a theory, PdD will not be the only possibility...

NiH probably, but maybe we were misled by errors, and something less will be better...

This is what theory are good for : driving innovation

... Rossi technology is complicated and not trivial. ...

I agree...so complicated that no one else is able to produce excess heat with his recipe, not even Rossi himself, as we have learned in the past days from tons of documents. He may easily have had left the stuff, the plant, eerything, that may have proven

his claim, that his device worked. But probably to dangerouos for him..so he cleaned up everything and his customer plant, all external piping, water meters etc. and disappeared...working on his next groundbreaking invention. Any idea, why AR is not going to sell more (or at least one) of his famous E-cat 1MW plants, that save thousands of dollars in the energy bills of customers?

• I agree...so complicated that no one else is able to produce excess heat with his recipe, not even Rossi himself, as we have learned in the past days from tons of documents.

zorud : I say it once more: Without understanding the physics behind Ni-Li-H LENR you will not be able to fully reproduce any experiment even if you get once a COP of 10!

AR - seems to have no clue about it!

• Wyttenbach,

I am re-reading the Lipinski thread. I looked at someone who wrote a Mills proof last week. If this is not what you think is the prime example of Ni-H CF working please point me to it and I will drill down. If this (Lipinski) is what you think is the best example let me know.

I will be looking for verification that it is overunity, I am sure you can design low level fusion devices, the high Q ones I am not sure of.

• Wyttenbach,

Of course I am reading the patent, the thread had other links in it so others may like it. Also I will take some time, and in deference to TBIU move off this thread.I will try to use the year old thread linked earlier to respond since it already exists. Give me a couple of days.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.