Rossi Describing the Quark on a Whiteboard

• Well, the current shunt will indicate amperage calculated from the measured voltage drop across the shunt resistor - but not of course voltage. So only half the story.

Alan, I think there has been a confusing proliferation of misuse of the term "shunt resistor". The series configuration shown is a "current sense resistor". A "current shunt resistor" is something placed in parallel with a meter to allow very high currents to be measured - for example to allow a 1A meter to read 100A.

• That sounds to me like Rossi caught in the act. He can simply refuse to discuss the matter....

Doubt it will worry his fan club much! By now they must be pretty resilient.

• Alan, I think there has been a confusing proliferation of misuse of the term "shunt resistor". The series configuration shown is a "current sense resistor". A "current shunt resistor" is something placed in parallel with a meter to allow very high currents to be measured - for example to allow a 1A meter to read 100A.

To be fair - both are corrent. But current sense resistor is more usual and clearer.

• Official Post

an, I think there has been a confusing proliferation of misuse of the term "shunt resistor". The series configuration shown is a "current sense resistor". A "current shunt resistor" is something placed in parallel with a meter to allow very high currents to be measured - for example to allow a 1A meter to read 100A.

A shunt resistor can be any size you like - as you say typically large and used for measuring high currents with a small ammeter. But any resistor can be used as a shunt - the name is derived from its position and the position of the ammeter connections, and does not limit it to merely one function. However, I agree with you on the 'current sense resistor' terminology as being more correct.

• Andrea Rossi April 6, 2017 at 6:12 AM

H-G Branzell:

The whiteboard photo has been published without my authorization after being done during a professional training under NDA in the meeting room of Leonardo Corporation’s factory.

I am ot going to comment on it.

Warm Regards

A.R.

I am curious about the phrase "professional training under NDA".

I thought Rossi was secretive and did not have any products to sell.

So in that case who would he be training?

Could it be staff, what does he need the staff for?

Or customers or a sales team?

Any guesses what is going on here?

• andrea.s

I could be wrong of course, but I cannot imagine Rossi giving a training course in electric theory like some kind of lecturer.

First he does not need the money.

Second he surely has more important things to do with his time such as saving the world and winning the court case.

Third, generally training courses in electrical theory are not done under NDA and he is supposedly showing detailed insights into the QuarkX.

So it must be something to do with the QuarkX product.

Which suggests technical staff or sales staff for Leonardo or possibly a customer.

But there is no product supposedly so Leonardo does not need staff and nor does it have customers.

Rob Woudenberg seems a more logical guess.

Oh wait, I forgot that when it comes to logic vs Rossi then Rossi tends to win.

It might be helpful to know the date when this took place.

Rossi does it again with raising the confusion metric. Or maybe it is just me that is confused. Or mabye Rossi is confused. :S

• Maybe he hired contractors/actors when he went out to buy his toupee, to stage a fake "professional training"? this seems the most likely hypothesis, I mean, one which can be accepted by our Internet Experts

Waiting on those aforementioned Experts to debunk the equations, I'm certain they can prove that they're off by a factor of at least 22k

• Well we can always go back to the three basic plots;

1. The QuarkX is genuine and Rossi is having a meeting with potential customers or manufacturers or possibly staff.

2. Rossi is a fraud and this setup is just a visual setup equivalent to Rossi talking to himself on JONP. If one wanted to be hyper skeptical we can only see one head and that could be a dummy.

3. Rossi is delusional and he thinks he is explaining to a bunch of devotees how he is going to save the world.

• Looks like a 'Rossi Leak' by a sock puppet designed to 1: promote the idea the QuarkX is real, 2: promote the idea Rossi has suffered radiation exposure, hair loss and frail. 3: is battling on regardless against the evil IH.

He is getting desperate, down to a whiteboard, bad toupée and a blue glow.

• The new Rossi paper mentioned manganese as a source of nucleons.

I wonder if Rossi is using the following allow for his electrodes in the Quark X.

http://www.alloywire.com/nickel_alloy_212.html

Stronger than Nickel 200 due to the addition of
    manganese.

Electrical Lead Wires.

Supporting Components
    in Lamps and electronic valves.

Electrodes in Glow-discharge
    Lamps.

Sparking Contacts.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.