IH funding many LENR research

• And if they have simply served as a conduit for other people's money rather than their own (the details of which I would like to better understand), this does not seem to be something to criticize them for if they've been transparent with the other parties. That funding would not have otherwise been available.

I've sometimes invested small amounts of money in junior mining stocks traded in Toronto Venture (aka Vulture) Exchange. There can be all kinds of fluff and hype in their so called "Forward Looking Statements". Similar stuff that I've seen here from IH. There are many ways to create baseless and overly optimistic expectations in order to collect more money from the investors.

Did IH inform their investors, at the time it happened, that the Rossi GPT agreement was no longer valid, or did they continue taking investor money using the possible "Rossi expectations"? That is one situation where we can evaluate their level of transparency if we have the info.

• JedRothwell

Ah. When I last heard from you, you bragged that you had read nothing.

So, what have you now read? Which papers by which authors?

Perhaps you could locate where I wrote that I bragged that I had read nothing and link it, or maybe stop lying about it?

I read several papers recommended by you in the past -- I no longer remember which and that speaks for how much they impressed me. And of course, I followed several forums for six years and have had a Google alert for LENR about as long. Ignorant on the subject, I am not. Totally underwhelmed by the probability that LENR is a viable technology, that I am. Nonetheless, I am happy to look at purported high power results. So far, ALL, without exception, that I have read about were clear cut scams except Brillouin because those results are not properly accessible. I don't hold out much hope for them.

Actually, there was one paper I recall you cited which purported to show relatively high excess power and seemed to have at least an effort at calibration. I managed to misplace the link and when I asked you about it, you were not sure which one it was. Japanese maybe? Not Toyota as best I remember. Anyway, that one was pretty well written and offhand, I could not find fault with it. I had put it aside for more study and discussion when I lost track of it. It was ONE paper.

If you are confused, perhaps you are not capable of understanding.

That's one possibility. The more likely one is that the papers are confusing and badly written and illustrated. I know that because I seem to have little trouble in understanding papers in many other fields of science. I do admit the last math class I dealt with adequately in college was introduction to calculus (intermediate calculus and vector analysis lost me and I barely passed them). But advanced math is hardly needed to read the LENR articles I've seen.

if they're just giving people 5,000 here and there, that's nothing to even mention, in contrast to 50,000, 500,000 or 5 million, say. But Darden and Vaughn at any rate are not being flashy at all about what they've been doing

They want to embrace the IP of cold fusion research - a fictitious company with CIA background.

• Perhaps you could locate where I wrote that I bragged that I had read nothing and link it, or maybe stop lying about it?

How about this:

As I said before, I have no interest in claims for small, low level, low power LENR effects. I know nothing about those, I care little about them, and I don't evaluate them. So what?

And this:

I know nothing about Pd-D or electrolytic systems, I don't pretend to know about them, I don't comment about them, and I have said that many times.

so... More lies as usual Mary. Or is your memory failing you?

Edit: Nah you're just a gobshite...

• Darden's interview in fortune.com, Sep 27, 2015:

"Q: So you licensed the technology of Andrea Rossi, an Italian scientist and entrepreneur who’s been having some success with cold fusion.

A: That’s right. Rossi's was one of the first investments we made. We’ve been seeing the creation of isotopes and energy releases at relatively low temperatures — 1,000 degrees centigrade, which could be a sign that fusion has occurred. We have sponsored tests and more research for Rossi’s work. A group of Swedish scientists tested the technology, and they got good results. A number of other people say they are also getting positive results but these haven’t been confirmed. A Russian scientist, for example claims to have replicated Rossi’s work in Switzerland and got excess heat. That’s a good sign.

Q: So you’re optimistic?

A: Yes, In fact, Rossi was awarded an important U.S. patent recently, which is part of what we licensed, covering the use of nickel, platinum or palladium powders, as well as other components, in his heat-producing device. This is one of very few LENR-related patents to date."

http://fortune.com/2015/09/27/…-energy-nuclear-reaction/

After reading many recent posts in the Rossi vs Darden thread, IMHO, Darden gives an overly optimistic impression of their situatuation with Rossi at the time of that interview. That's 3 months after they had hired Murray, and I assume IH already had many doubts about the Rossi tech. I hope that they didn't knowingly use the "Rossi expectations" of others to raise more money for their LENR projects.

• Totally underwhelmed by the probability that LENR is a viable technology, that I am.

No cold fusion scientist would claim it is a viable technology. That is a strawman argument.

Since you cannot even tell us the author of the papers you read, and you know nothing about the subject, I do not believe you carefully read and understood any papers. Perhaps you glanced at a few.

APPEND: Thank you Zeus46 for taking the trouble to find those quotes from Yugo in which she explicitly says she has read nothing: "I know nothing about those, I care little about them, and I don't evaluate them. So what?"

• All of these should be well funded, tons of money for hot fusion ( like trillions ) and nothing practicle or clean in sight! This should be funded like the Manhattan project with the best minds working to bring the true science behind LENR. To many morans, political games and the powers that be ( petro-banks ) to get anyware. Will it take a world war for the scientist to realize that only they can change and make this a better planet, they forget that science was called natural philosophy.

• Remember that Alain's post is from a historical court document. Some things may have changed. I believe the Cooper Core investment is no longer being made.

I have not received any money or support from IH, but I am hopeful for future collaboration.

When this lawsuit with Rossi is done, and depending upon its outcome, I suspect that IH funding of research will expand substantially over what is being maintained today. What's in it for them? IP of course! That is the foundation for building value for their (now) small company. It is fortunate that Cherokee and their partners have a long look-ahead investment strategy. Most VC's would be expecting to see return on their investment after 2 years. I think IH had a shorter term vision for IP and product from Rossi, but didn't get it (but we will have to wait to see what the court says they get). A successful research funding company should expect to own the IP generated from their funding, but not necessarily 100%. If they fund 100% of the work, the equipment, the facilities, and the salaries, and patent generation costs, they should expect a nearly 100% share of the return from the IP. If they funded 50% of the total expenses, then it is reasonable that they should share at least 50% in the returns from the IP generated. Note that the cost of securing the IP with the patent office(s) has to be considered part of the cost of development of the IP, and that is no small expense. Then there are the annual maintenance fees for each patent - if you don't pay these you lose coverage of your patent! Money <-> share ... these should be the thoughts of inventors and investors. There should be plenty of money for everyone if LENR can be made into product.

• Official Post

I still not seen information on ICCF-21, it is currently the 4 month of 2017. This is rather worrisome. Does anyone have any updates? If not I would think that in a few (2-3) months we can write this year off.

Rigel,

Dewey said ICCF21 was on hold pending this suit. Maybe when his temporary ban is up in a week or so?, he will give an update. Committing to host in NC, before a jury decision...if it comes to that, may be used against them by Rossi in court. Not sure how, but always good to play it safe in litigation.

P.S. Dewey, when you come back, please be a good boy so you do not get booted again.

• Shane

I like your reasoning, it makes good sense. As regards to Dewey after last weeks culling. I hope everyone stays around - but in the end its their choice what they say. I use the preview button myself, it works for me. If not I the delete post!

• Official Post

I don't see it mentioned in the thread, this exhibit also contains info about IH investments

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0214.23_Exhibit_23.pdf

Thanks, for the finding.

Interesting, and maybe optimistic...

But we should think that 1% chance it works even slightly, lead in few years to a revolution with 100x billions at stake... only chance below 0.001% should be considered as not valuable. (anyway risky, not enough tree legged horses in the race to mitigate risk)

• I see that IH are (or have) invested $1M in Chava Energy. To anybody who knows much about the field, this is a riskier venture than putting all your money on a thre-leeged horse to win the Derby.

http://chava-energy-co-founder-mark-goldes.blogspot.co.uk/

Where did you see that? If they invested a penny in Goldes, it PROVES that they are abject morons. Goldes has making idiotic promises for three decades and has never produced ANYTHING noteworthy except for immense losses. A million dollars for this bozo? What dunces!

• I said: None of those quotes said this (from Rothwell): "Since you, Mary Yugo, brag about how you have read nothing about the research, "

You cited:

As I said before, I have no interest in claims for small, low level, low power LENR effects. I know nothing about those, I care little about them, and I don't evaluate them. So what?

I know nothing about Pd-D or electrolytic systems, I don't pretend to know about them, I don't comment about them, and I have said that many times.

(I am citing this way because the quote system didn't work properly)

You and Rothwell seem to be severely reading impaired. No wonder you have gotten taken by the shorts so often. What you quoted does not say what Rothwell said I wrote. Not remotely. I don't care about low level claim but that is explicitly because I *did* read some of the papers and they were exceedingly unimpressive when not so obscurely written and documented that I had no idea what was done. I don't read them any more because it is like wallowing in mud. Got it now?

Edit: Nah you're just a gobshite...

Classy. Very classy.

• OK, I see it, thanks, in the PDF which the lawyers fortunately liberated. Their investors will love this, LOL. I bet the Woodford ones are already reacting. The bozos invested in an amazing assortment of things exceedingly unlikely to work based on "expert" advice from all the "usual suspects". No wonder they got hornswoggled. They apparently failed to seek out advice from anyone or any organization that actually understands how physics and engineering really work. I predict they will have nothing to show for this in five years except nonsense.

But really, investing in Goldes is the lowest common denominator of stupidity. I find it difficult to believe that Darden or whoever allowed this travesty is that stupid.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.