ECW and Rossi-ism

If there is to be a tidying initiative, I hope it will be even-handed.

One can hope but I wouldn't bet on it. I am not even betting that the rules will be clear, much less evenly applied. Hey, it's their forum. If they want another Frank Acland Paradise, achieving it is its own punishment.

• There are a number of posters who are polite and informed, who focus on technical details and whose posts are generally pleasant to read. And there are a smaller group of posters who are boors, who complain a lot about other forum members and how the forum is run, who are uninformed, who readily resort to insults or who otherwise generally make reading through the threads a slog. Perhaps the best advice for anyone who cares about the changes coming up is to follow the example of the first group and to avoid the example of the second group.

• One can hope but I wouldn't bet on it. I am not even betting that the rules will be clear, much less evenly applied. Hey, it's their forum. If they want another Frank Acland Paradise, achieving it is its own punishment.

This forum should expect that vested anti LENR interests will if not prevented fill this forum with a flood of professional naysayers far more venomous that MY has ever been. Such an onslaught should be prevented at an early stage to avoid changing this site into another anti Rossi site. Those interests could setup their own site to ply their trade.

• I think Eric and the others are doing a fine job. And it's not an easy one.

Rossi-Yes and Rossi-No believers can freely post their opinion. When there's heavy insulting/ranting/calling names ..., they use their powers. I have nothing to complain yet.

Try to be critical to Rossi an ECW, you will be off the board quickly. Or try a critical post on JONP :)

BTW: In the last days, after the Demo-Presentation-Show at Stockolm, the critical postings on ECW grow up.

• This forum should expect that vested anti LENR interests

There is no such thing as a vested anti-LENR interest. No one cares about the research except for the researchers themselves, and they are mostly elderly people without funding or influence. There is no opposition from any mainstream organization. Only neglect, and ignorance of the subject.

In the 1990s, there was strong opposition from institutions such as the DoE and Nature, but that has all been forgotten now. The fight ended 20 years ago.

Most of the major opponents such as Huizenga are dead. I knew them all. None of them has posted here. There are no organizations such as oil companies opposed to cold fusion today. If there were, I would know about it. There are no pretend grassroots organizations ("astroturf" organizations) opposed to cold fusion. That is a ridiculous and totally unfounded claim made by some of the Rossi supporters here. No organization anywhere is paying people to oppose cold fusion, or -- for that matter -- to support it.

• There is no such thing as a vested anti-LENR interest. No one cares about the research except for the researchers themselves, and they are mostly elderly people without funding or influence. There is no opposition from any mainstream organization. Only neglect, and ignorance of the subject.

In the 1990s, there was strong opposition from institutions such as the DoE and Nature, but that has all been forgotten now. The fight ended 20 years ago.

Most of the major opponents such as Huizenga are dead. I knew them all. None of them has posted here. There are no organizations such as oil companies opposed to cold fusion today. If there were, I would know about it. There are no pretend grassroots organizations ("astroturf" organizations) opposed to cold fusion. That is a ridiculous and totally unfounded claim made by some of the Rossi supporters here. No organization anywhere is paying people to oppose cold fusion, or -- for that matter -- to support it.

The past is the past. I take it that you don't forsee any resistance from any energy provider no matter what stage of commercialization that LENR archives going forward?

• I take it that you don't forsee any resistance from any energy provider no matter what stage of commercialization that LENR archives going forward?

Good grief! What did I say that put that crazy idea into your head??? What a weird thing to say. No, obviously, if it becomes generally known that cold fusion is real, there will be TREMENDOUS OPPOSITION TO IT. The physics establishment, the DoE, the oil companies, wind turbine manufacturers and many others will come down on it like a ton of bricks, just as many of them did in the early 1990s. They will, once again, denounce it the mass media and accuse the researchers of being frauds, criminals and lunatics (Washington Post). They do not attack it now because, as I said, they do not know it exists. They assume they crushed it once and for all, which they probably did.

A few years ago a high government official in Japan refused to fund any research in cold fusion because, he said, if it works it will disrupt the energy market. That was an official in a country with virtually no fossil fuel or wind resources. Imagine how officials in Russia, the Middle East or the oil producing states in the U.S. would react!

In the U.S. various energy interests fight one-another ruthlessly. The coal industry has been trying for years to have wind turbines outlawed and taken down, ostensibly because the turbines kill birds. This is absurd, because coal kills far more birds than wind turbines do, not to mention 20,000 human beings per year. The coal industry fights natural gas and solar, the gas industry denounces nuclear power, and everyone gangs up against wind power, which is currently growing most rapidly and eating other people's lunches. If these industries become aware that cold fusion is real and it might become a practical source of energy, I am sure they will spend hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising and bribes to the Congress to crush it. They will succeed, unless the public demands they stop.

• A few years ago a high government official in Japan refused to fund any research in cold fusion because, he said, if it works it will disrupt the energy market.

Can you point me to the source?

Personally I don't buy your arguments. The reason that the physics establishment comes down on LENR like a ton of bricks is because they think it is untrue, not the reverse. They come down on all sorts of things they think are not real. Things like creationism, homeopathy, astrology, and so on.

• Good grief! What did I say that put that crazy idea into your head??? What a weird thing to say. No, obviously, if it becomes generally known that cold fusion is real, there will be TREMENDOUS OPPOSITION TO IT. The physics establishment, the DoE, the oil companies, wind turbine manufacturers and many others will come down on it like a ton of bricks, just as many of them did in the early 1990s. They will, once again, denounce it the mass media and accuse the researchers of being frauds, criminals and lunatics (Washington Post). They do not attack it now because, as I said, they do not know it exists. They assume they crushed it once and for all, which they probably did.

A few years ago a high government official in Japan refused to fund any research in cold fusion because, he said, if it works it will disrupt the energy market. That was an official in a country with virtually no fossil fuel or wind resources. Imagine how officials in Russia, the Middle East or the oil producing states in the U.S. would react!

In the U.S. various energy interests fight one-another ruthlessly. The coal industry has been trying for years to have wind turbines outlawed and taken down, ostensibly because the turbines kill birds. This is absurd, because coal kills far more birds than wind turbines do, not to mention 20,000 human beings per year. The coal industry fights natural gas and solar, the gas industry denounces nuclear power, and everyone gangs up against wind power, which is currently growing most rapidly and eating other people's lunches. If these industries become aware that cold fusion is real and it might become a practical source of energy, I am sure they will spend hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising and bribes to the Congress to crush it. They will succeed, unless the public demands they stop.

Why then did you say: "There is no such thing as a vested anti-LENR interest. "

• Can you point me to the source?

Personally I don't buy your arguments. The reason that the physics establishment comes down on LENR like a ton of bricks is because they think it is untrue, not the reverse. They come down on all sorts of things they think are not real. Things like creationism, homeopathy, astrology, and so on.

The reason for LENR rejection was that the theory that people put forth to describe LENR was wrong and nonsensical. Fusion is not produced in LENR.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.