The possible theory of LENR (the reaction goes in a narrow temperature range)

• A model is proposed that explains LENR in nanocrystals. We should expect "flares" of the neutron yield (or, more accurately, the reaction events) in a certain narrow temperature range, the evaluation is performed in the work. The experiment is to heat the powder and slowly cool, while keeping track of the "flashes". Please criticize.

We emphasize that the temperature in our case is a measure of the kinetic energy,

which is the same for all nuclei. Actually, the kinetic energy is different, it is possible to make it

approximately the same by external action (for example, laser radiation).

I agree with this sentence in the above essay summarising the relationship between temperature and nucleon kinetic energy.

I'm going to hypothetically accept (without necessarily agreeing with) the rest of the argument in the essay, and explore the effect of this one sentence.

The thesis in this essay however assumes constant nuclei energy, and hence laser excitation of nuclei, and synchronous movement. In that case, kinetic energy does not correspond to temperature and the kinetic energy of the nucleons cannot be predicted from the system temperature. Basically, heat is not used to provide this energy (that would be too random) but lasers. In that case, the conclusion that LENR reactions occur only within a narrow band of temperatures is just wrong. Also, even if we change this to mean LENR reactions occur only within a narrow band of laser excitation amplitudes, that thesis will work only if the laser energy is much higher than the typical Planck thermal energy.

• The thesis in this essay however assumes constant nuclei energy,

I don t assume constant nuclei energy but assume Maxwell energy distribution of nucklei. thus we have the PART jf nucklei with necessary energies (evaluation of this part- coeff dT/T )

• In that case, the conclusion that LENR reactions occur only within a narrow band of temperatures is just wrong. Also, even if we change this to mean LENR reactions occur only within a narrow band of laser excitation amplitudes, that thesis will work only if the laser energy is much higher than the typical Planck thermal energy.

agreed. that s why I write about temperature/kinetcic energy . if we use laser- we ljn t say about temperature

• In that case, the conclusion that LENR reactions occur only within a narrow band of temperatures is just wrong.

Astonishingly the original sentence might be correct!

But the reference to temperature - as the gneral reason - is wrong for large nuclei. It's correct for Lithium and some lighter nuclei.

Just one hint: Resonances are very selective to "temperature"!

• Astonishingly the original sentence might be correct!

But the reference to temperature - as the gneral reason - is wrong for large nuclei. It's correct for Lithium and some lighter nuclei.

Just one hint: Resonances are very selective to "temperature"!

yes they are selective but due to the DISTRIBUTION of energy (in my article- Maxwell ) we have some nuclei with appropriate energy

• yes they are selective but due to the DISTRIBUTION of energy (in my article- Maxwell ) we have some nuclei with appropriate energy

guron17 : This is a nice start: I will motivate you to dig deeper.

First: There were many papers about lattice enhanced fusion probability. How do you compare your solution with the older ones?

To go on: Regarding my comment (post) above, if you introduce an additional potential of stimulation then you can "wind up" the inter-nuclear vibration of a cavity bound D2 in p2 state. (see Cold nuclear fusion development E.N. Tsyganov March 2017 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nimb.2017.03.158)

The problem is that temperature is more or less isotropic, but one would like the stimulation to occur along/orthogonal! to the main (D-D) axes. The critical radius of two 2pm corresponds roughly to 1keV, what is close to the kinetic reaction energy needed for D-D fusion.

The second problem is that at 2 pm you need a “long” contact, thus no scattering is preferred. A solution to overcome these constraints is energy transport by Alfven sheer waves.

Thus my recommendation as a next step: Just assume you see a plasma. Assume an electrical potential in the p orbit axes and calculate the plasma-frequency needed (to drive the Alfven sheer wave) from the given lattice constants.

• The problem is that temperature is more or less isotropic, but one would like the stimulation to occur along/orthogonal! to the main (D-D) axes. - again the same / temperature is isotropic but SOME nuclei move along necessary directions (quasi- one dimentional system) I fulfill the evaluation.

The critical radius of two 2pm corresponds roughly to 1keV, what is close to the kinetic reaction energy needed for D-D fusion.- so... we have possbility of the reaction due to the QUANTUM system properties. nobody knows why quantum mechanica is correct.

Thus my recommendation as a next step: Just assume you see a plasma. Assume an electrical potential in the p orbit axes and calculate the plasma-frequency needed (to drive the Alfven sheer wave) from the given lattice constants. we treat nuclei as gas in the article for evaluation of amount of reaction acts- but gas of NEUTRAL particles due to quantum effects I decide equation no more

• The Lipinski fusion runs in twenty degrees of centigrade range only... The truly nuclear mechanism cannot be such a sensitive - it's evident, that its trigger is in lattice vibrations.

one need define- what is truly nuclear mechanism. I don t use truly nuclear mechanism- only quantum model for nuclei. if nuclei collide- we have reaction (assumption!). lattice vibrations are quantum and are decison of quantum equations TOO.

• How would this theory explain pure isotopic Ni62 transmutation as occurred in the Lufano experiment? How does this experiment explain the golden ball experiment by Cravens where the temperure difference between the dummy and the active system was a few degrees at 80C? How does this theory explain the Russian plasma reactor that operates at 7000C?

What system did the theorist have in mind when this theory was formulated?

It is well known and generally accepted that the LENR reaction must be triggered by a shock. For example, Rossi uses an electrostatic field. Defkalion used a spark. Holmlid uses a laser pulse. Piantelli uses a lot of things.

• Sorry - I finally managed to get time for reading the article of yours finally - and what I can tell, it's actually very good, as it points to the low-dimensionality of nuclei collisions as the key of effective activation energy breaking during cold fusion. It actually formalizes many insights which I spread here before some time. So you have my full blessing in this matter. We can just discuss, how much the quantum mechanics gets actually involved in this mechanism. It can be both smaller, both wider extent.

The smaller extent follows from fact, that the similar result (attenuation of energy of during collinear collisions) can be derived in solely classical way (like the Mossbauer-Astroblaster lattice effect based on amplification of momentum). The proposals of yours also neglects another phenomena, like the electron screening. It would mean, that the classical geometry is the key, not the quantum mechanics.

But the same can be said in opposite way: in my theory the quantum mechanical effects (like the entanglement) get significantly pronounced during collinear arrangement of massive bodies (dark matter phenomena, essentially the analogy of Allais effect at short distance scales) and they will decrease the activation energy barrier too (by making vacuum more dense and the Coulombic forces less prominent at the connection line of atom nuclei). Quite recently these effects were just revealed in form of so-called Hungarian boson, which manifest itself during interactions of anomalous heavily elongated atom nuclei.

Therefore the temperature dependence may be more complex and it can exhibit multiple peaks of cold fusion yield at the energy spectrum. But your article is very good 1st order approximation of it. I'd even say, it's fundamental article for future cold fusion theory, because it explains it from first principles without assumption of ad-hoced concepts (like the Widom-Larsen's theory does: heavy electrons, slow neutrons). I mean, these concepts still have a good meaning in my understanding of cold fusion - nevertheless they should be derived from deeper underlying principles, not just assumed and guessed.

• How would this theory explain pure isotopic Ni62 transmutation as occurred in the Lufano experiment? How does this experiment explain the golden ball experiment by Cravens where the temperure difference between the dummy and the active system was a few degrees at 80C? How does this theory explain the Russian plasma reactor that operates at 7000C?

the system which consists of nanocrystalls of deuteride lithium. for any other systems one need develope another models although qualitative interpretation probably takes place (reaction in the RANGE of temperature)

How would this theory explain pure isotopic Ni62 transmutation as occurred in the Lufano experiment?

Note that 1D collisions aren't subject of cold fusion lattice systems only - the behavior of superconductors also depends on linear arrangement of electrons - charge waves which can propagate along hole stripes only. This is because the attenuation of momentum is sensitive to the particle masses involved in these interactions. Intuitively we can imagine it like the collisions inside the famous Newton cradle - this cradle couldn't work well, if every ball in it would have different mass. This effect makes the superconductors sensitive to the isotopic effect in similar way, like the cold fusion systems.

A long line of deuterons, as the article implies clearly. Of course it's idealized system, with no foreign atoms (nickel, etc.) - but it illustrates well the basic principle - the sensitivity of effective Coulomb potential to geometry of atom nuclei arrangement. The people working with hot fusion theory (Lawson and other) never considered this arrangement, because they always had random fuzzy plasma on mind, where such a special arrangement is impossible to maintain.

How does this theory explain the Russian plasma reactor that operates at 7000C?

In no way, because it operates with single lone deuterons only, not with whole atoms (where electron screening applies), not to say atom lattices of mixed atoms or even larger particles (plasma). But at the case of Russian plasma reactor the temperature of plasma is actually less relevant - what matters there is the effective temperature of particles, which are in equilibrium with it. These particles cannot be such hot, or they would evaporate itself. But they act like the miniature anvils, which are smashing deuterons between them during their mutual collisions. The effective temperature of these collisions can get quite high during it - it just occurs in brief intervals of time. In this case the geometry of collisions isn't the main factor of cold fusion, but the disproportionality between masses of colliding particles.

How does this experiment explain the golden ball experiment by Cravens where the temperure difference between the dummy and the active system was a few degrees at 80C?

This is not the temperature difference, which this theory explains. The above theory explains the prominent increase of rate of cold fusion with increasing temperature. The Cravens ball experiment would probably run even at different temperatures well, just the temperature difference observed would differ and this difference would depend on intensity of cooling/temperature balancing inside the system (Craven did use aluminum beads for good temperature leveling).

• Thank You for Your opinion and attention )))

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.