me356: Photos of AURA control unit

• The flow rate is necessary because, as I pointed out, a long test is required (several days contemplated). There is no pump, because the cooling water will be supplied from a domestic tap. There will be a sight glass in the supply line to watch for entrapped air. The output of the heat exchanger will be collected in buckets on a digital scale, and the flow meter data will be periodically checked against level marks on the bucket with a stop watch.

By using a heat exchanger, any questions about the steam quality in the primary circuit are made moot. The single-phase power will be measured simultaneously with two instruments, a PCE830 and a Tektronix PA1000. All the data, including the scale readings will be streamed in real time, with live video if bandwidth permits.

Much of what you see as complexity has been adopted in direct response to criticisms here and elsewhere of other validation tests. All these details are included in our published test plan, which I encourage you to read and think about in the context of possible objections that could arise if they were not included. We intend to establish an incontrovertible minimum COP for the system, to the best of our abilities and resources.

You can run a test using differential measurement for any length of time. Just empty the barrels after each measurement and start again. This will also show that the AURA can be cycled many times without loss of capability or damage.

• I am illustrating a principle. The Lugano test team could have saved the blogs much bickering.

The Lugano test would have worked with great accuracy if two identical alumina tubes would have been used: a dummy tube and a live system. When the same optical thermometer read the same temperature on both tubes, the difference in input power between the two tubes would define a valid COP no matter how inaccurate that single optical temperature sensor was.

• What MFMP are proposing to do sounds perfectly adequate to me.

If me356's reactor is even half the reported 10 kW and COP 10 you don't need precision to two decimal points and it should be easy to measure.

• If me356 allows these proposed tests by MFMP, I shall owe me356 a big apology for what I wrote here earlier. I think the tests will be conclusive, but even if they are not, me356 will be doing the right thing by allowing them.

MFMP intends to do more than one type of test. That is a good idea. If they see the same effect using different methods, that would be good. They might run out of time before they can do them all, but anyway they should get at least one type of test completed.

• I wonder what people will conclude regarding Rossi if the test turns out to be positive, since me356 early replication attempts were pretty much replications of rossis tech

Then I'd be wondering if Rossi has found an effect and in the quest of optimizing the process for controlability using bad science manage to kill the effect and constantly developing different versions of COP 1 boilers. And when things show evidences of non functionality try to cover it up.

Then I'd be wondering if Rossi has found an effect

Pinatelli did experiment with electric and magnetic stimulation of nickel fusion first. He also experimented with hydrogen plasma and nickel deposition in it.

If me356 allows these proposed tests by MFMP, I shall owe me356 a big apology for what I wrote here earlier

The question is, what me356 did really say about his technology to Bob Greenyer. Most of it can be deduced with common health sense. What prohibits someone to check the impact of ions from hydrogen plasma at hot nickel surface? This is not rocket science and MFMP could try it before one year already. Also no precise/expensive colorimetric setup is required for determination of success - once you detect radioactivity with GM detector during it, then you can know, you're outside realm of classical physics.

• Then I'd be wondering if Rossi has found an effect and in the quest of optimizing the process for controlability using bad science manage to kill the effect and constantly developing different versions of COP 1 boilers. And when things show evidences of non functionality try to cover it up.

Yes. This seems like the most plausible scenario. I still suspect that some of his tests were valid, such as the first Levi test. If they were, I guess this would explain it.

• But not now, since he claims to have abandoned nickel. Shame really.

me356 obviously thought he had excess heat using nickel and as he said only used something else to avoid patent squabbles. So, if me356's device produces heat it would be a good indication that Rossi could too.

Never the less I expect something like Stefan's response to be typical of this forum after the event, as Hans Moog has pointed out..

But not now, since he claims to have abandoned nickel. Shame really ... he said only used something else to avoid patent squabbles

Maybe nickel generates radioactivity and another elements (titanium, tungsten?) not - just heat. At any case, just this behavior of nickel would enable to spot the nuclear reaction easily, the COP ~ 10 reported in latest Me356 experiments is not so high for to vindicate the switch by itself. At the very end, the switch from nickel could be an intentional mystification for to delay the attempts for replications. You shouldn't believe in everything or even better - you should always ask for deeper reason of things.

• me356 obviously thought he had excess heat using nickel and as he said only used something else to avoid patent squabbles. So, if me356's device produces heat it would be a good indication that Rossi could too.

Never the less I expect something like Stefan's response to be typical of this forum after the event, as Hans Moog has pointed out..

Rossi not only is claiming a Ni-H reaction with a catalyst (or or other stimulus) but commercial levels, control, and reliability as well (since 2011). Rossi's claims about the reaction also has changed significantly over the years. And with the QuarkX he may have abandoned Ni-H altogether.

Me356 started out with Ni-H but also appears to have heavily researched and relied upon the science and patent archives in claiming his early results--something Rossi may have either replicated or claimed to replicate. I think a successful Me356 validation will help with the believably of Rossi's claims but only a little given we still don't have a successful Rossi replication at the levels he is claiming (let alone a commercial device). Parkimov, an talented and experienced experimentalist, has claimed far less.

So in short I believe that Rossi may have something but nothing like his claims and a positive Me356 validation by MFMP won't change that belief by much.

• IMHO. LENR is produced by optical cavities. The energy release mechanism from these cavities are three fold: light in the inferred range, light whose wavelength is proportional to the density of the polaritons that that optical cavity contains, and sup atomic particles that mostly decay down to muons and electrons. The means by which these optical cavities are created is mostly based on the size (range of sizes) of the nanoparticles that produce them and not in the material that these nanoparticles are made from. Piantelli has discovered that most transition metals can be used to produce these optical cavities.

id40560.jpg

Shown here is a cross-sectional view of a circular optical cavity or resonator showing whispering gallery modes total internally reflected along the surface

Figure-3-Self-formation-of-a-plasmonic-cavity-with-an-interfacial-layer-of-nanoparticles.png

Self-formation of a plasmonic cavity with an interfacial layer of nanoparticles integrated along its surface. (a) Time-lapse photographs of the formation of an Ag plasmonic cavity. Images were collected after dropping 50 μL of 5 mM AgNO 3 aqueous solution onto the liquid PDMS. Scale bars, 2 mm. (b, c) Dark-field scattering images of cross-sectional surface of Ag plasmonic cavities (b) and Au plasmonic cavities (c) formed using different concentrations of AgNO 3 and HAuCl 4 , respectively. Scale bars, 20 μm. (d, e) Dark-field scattering images of the surface of Ag plasmonic cavities (d) and Au plasmonic cavities (e) formed with varying concentrations of AgNO 3 and HAuCl 4 , respectively. Scale bars, 20 μm. (f, g) Corresponding scattering spectra collected from the surface of Ag plasmonic cavities (f) and Au plasmonic cavities (g), respectively. (h) Size distribution of the formed nanoparticles at the cavity's surface. 70 particles in each electron micrograph were randomly selected for statistical analysis.

spotlight56_fig2.jpg

29-03-2008

The enigma of the natural ball-lightning phenomenon, reported by eyewitnesses as glowing luminescent objects floating in the air on rare occasions, has attracted scientists for more than a century. A model proposed by Abrahamson and Dinniss , explains the formation of ball-lightning as normal lightning that strikes the ground and ejects a plume of Si, SiO and SiC nanoparticles whose excitation sustains the glow of ball-lightning.

This image shows how nanoparticles can generate Light and heat.

• This study is about completely different effect: the speed of metal photoreduction from solution is proportional intensity of light and the light gets concentrated along spherical mirrors, so that under proper conditions these mirrors spontaneously form during illuminating of solutions of heavy metals. Interesting effect indeed but proving absolutely nothing about mechanism of cold fusion. This post including this one above should be transferred into a Physics/Theory section.

KCXK7aP.gif

• This study is about completely different effect: the speed of metal photoreduction from solution is proportional intensity of light and the light gets concentrated with spherical mirrors, so that under proper conditions these mirrors spontaneously form during illuminating of solutions of heavy metals. Interesting effect indeed but proving absolutely nothing about mechanism of cold fusion.

True in detail but the intent was inferential, the intent was to show how optical cavities work.

• Axil said "The concentration of light without loss in a dark mode is exactly what a polariton is."

I liked the Gif animation and it does have a certain AURA about it.

Definitely straying from this AURA thread but the Gif did prompt me to adapt another picture. See below.

This picture conflates two Korean studies, 2011/ 2016.

The 2016 study eliminates the 2011 noble gases and incorporates SPPs/gold

to produce an XUV(25-62nm) output from Near Infrared (800nm) input.

"Here a metal-sapphire nanostructure is devised to provide a solid tip as the high-harmonic generation

(HHG) emitter, replacing commonly used gaseous atoms.

The fabricated solid tip is made of monocrystalline sapphire surrounded by a gold thin-film layer

,and intended to produce EUV harmonics by the inter- and intra-band oscillations of electrons driven by the incident laser.

The metal-sapphire nanostructure enhances the incident laser field by means of surface plasmon polaritons(SPPs),

triggering HHG directly from moderate femtosecond pulses of 0.1TW/cm2 intensities." quoted from the 2016 Abstract.

Do the nanostructures inside LENR fuels provide this kind of frequency enhancement (NIR to XUV, a factor of up to 30 times)?

2016 study

Published 10 Oct 2016 Nature Communications

High-harmonic generation by field enhanced femtosecond pulses in metal-sapphire nanostructure

Seunghwoi Han1,*, Hyunwoong Kim1,*, Yong Woo Kim1, Young-Jin Kim2, Seungchul Kim3, In-Yong Park4 & Seung-Woo Kim1

The concentration of light without loss in a dark mode is exactly what a polariton is.

Well, it isn't. Polariton is result of coupling of photons with excitons and they even cannot exist within metals (no excitons are there).

You have no idea what you're talking about whole years, which makes people here dumber not smarter - and such a posts should be deleted from here.

XbYlIuE.gif

• "A model proposed by Abrahamson and Dinniss , explains the formation of ball-lightning as normal lightning that strikes the ground and ejects a plume of Si, SiO and SiC nanoparticles whose excitation sustains the glow of ball-lightning."

The problem is that the majority of reports come from ships and boats (St. Elmo's Fire) where there is no "ground" to strike.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.