me356: Photos of AURA control unit

• That was the latest update:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Update done MIDNIGHT, Now 900 am, another update in 12 hours:/??

Cool .. like WAY:S cool.. MFMP plots .. who gets the plaudits for those.. Ryan, Brian, Alan ....? couldn't resist the screenshot

HallelAURA

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For those who can't do google drive https://docs.google.com/docume…TEB9tzgWQO2My0hVFGsg/edit

AURA TEST LOG

24th May from MFMP

"Started the morning out working to add a chat function to the dashboard at freeboard.io

Must complete the plumbing for the heat exchanger, today, and work through as many of the calibrations as we can at this location.

Bob is on his way back from errands in Brno.

We anticipate doing the validation of the flow meter now that the scale is hooked up.

We can demonstrate function of the geiger counters, measure backgrounds from the neutron detectors (though, we will have to do that again on location, too)

Test 3 - setup and testing of electrical metering system

Alan will do a video documenting the electrical metering wire hookup.

We will test the accuracy against each other on various load levels.

Bonus: we will put a diode in circuit to create a half wave to give us a DC offset that the PA1000 can detect for us.

Our Optris thermal camera is missing its USB cable. We may have to run without it for this test unless we can get another from the local distributor."

• I guess we have to wait.

Barty said some are waiting for the Apocalypse.

Appropriate Bach:

While we wait for Me356 and AURA

• The flash mob in Amsterdam reminds me of this. This was staged, but well done.

• Our Optris thermal camera is missing its USB cable.

That ALWAYS happens with cables. I don't know what it is. In the 1980s when I installed minicomputers they always, always showed up at the customer site missing at least one cable, or with the wrong kind of cable.

USB cables are emblematic of the whole computer industry. They were supposed to be unifying, one-size-fits-all standard. No sooner were they introduced when manufacturers began making connectors of different sizes and shapes. There are at least 10 kinds:

http://www.cablestogo.com/learning/connector-guides/usb

• Cool .. like WAY cool.. MFMP plots .. who gets the plaudits for those.. Ryan, Brian, Alan ....? couldn't resist the screenshot

I believe that the plots and the control panel are tools from Plotly. These tools are programmed from Python and the programmer is Brian Albiston. Using the Plotly tools produces a real time plot that can be served over the internet and updated in real time. Also, it gives the end observer on the internet some control of what is shown in the plot.

• I watched a number of the garden shed e-cat replication attempts over the years, and it's been exciting to see the process evolve. Without those tests ME356 would probably not have attempted his, so I applaud all those "replicators" whose shoulders ME356 and MFMP now stand.

Now on with the show : )

• I hope there will be adequate checking for hidden power wires.

I think I read somewhere that the reactor can be lifted up easily to measure its weight and to apply a faraday cage around it. So if you can build a cage you definitly know what wires are going in.

But it probably would be wise to check the wires for hidden powerlines. I am not sure how they are going to connect their power measurement to the input cables but I think they need to interrupt the line for their equipment and they should see the inside of the cable. If not they should cut the cables after the tests are finished.

• "

Our Ortec NaI gamma spectrum detector is functioning very poorly. It appears that the crystal may have been damaged."

Anyone got a spare Ortec gamma ray detector?

Those are expensive bags they are carrying

Would be a shame not to have one in Mumbai.

• "

Our Ortec NaI gamma spectrum detector is functioning very poorly. It appears that the crystal may have been damaged."

The spectrum they showed did not look like the 40K response was broadened over a normal measurement. Instead, it looked like there was a lot of broadband noise. From a durability standpoint, it is more likely that the photomultiplier tube got damaged than the NaI crystal, if the problem is due to rough handling. Of course, it could just be a noisy radiation environment due to Chernobyl.

• The one part that I don't understand is this: me356 has spent millions in developing his reactor. Why have a test conducted at his location, with the suspicions that that would raise, instead of spending some money in taking his black box to a reputable testing facility?

I doubt that it would have cost more than six figures, and it would have been immensely more valuable to him as a way to raise capital for R&D or to sell his idea to a large manufacturer.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.