me356: Photos of AURA control unit

• @Sherlock Holmes

Me356 had great help from MFMP and others in this community, allthough - of course - he should have all credits for his innovation getting ahead of all other.

If this first official test goes well, we can expect many more tests and a product on the market.

• So are all the commentators on this forum happy with the experimental setup for the live me356 tests?

So: broadly I think the tests are excellent.

I'd like a little care over anything that could be different between control and active runs. for example, is the power meter calibration/sanity checking:

https://docs.google.com/docume…QaLBdTfBQyttwe94OSeE/edit

done for waveforms generated by the working reactor which might be very spiky and hence read differently from an unchopped resistive load. the devil here is all in the detail. Suppose you get a clear positive result. In that case you have to look very closely at every possible source of anomaly and wrong input power measurement due to out of bandwidth V & I spikes is one obvious possibility.

The best way to avoid this is to have AC from mains -> LPF -> black box controlling reactor or dummy load

That makes absolutely certain that the input power is correctly measured if a sampled true rms power analyser is put before the LPF.

• So are all the commentators on this forum happy with the experimental setup for the live me356 tests?

Seems well prepared set up. But one thing I don't quite get is Bobs recent video at 7:28 he says 'Steam trap' ? Isn't that condensed water already at that point after heat exchanger. Shouldn't there be pressure release valve turned around, since in my understanding condencing steam causes radical pressure drop inside and after heat exchanger?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe it is just me since I have never played with steam beyond kettle...

Other thing has been mentioned already, Faraday gage to eliminate fraud speculations afterwards. Here is an example of 1.5 kw energy transfer:
    http://www.sciencealert.com/sc…relessly-across-55-metres
    Even though I guess it's easier to make LENR work than tune antennas and hide them such a small box, but paeraskeptics are never happy :)

• Official Post

The one part that I don't understand is this: me356 has spent millions in developing his reactor. Why have a test conducted at his location, with the suspicions that that would raise, instead of spending some money in taking his black box to a reputable testing facility?

Didn't me356 say somewhere that this validation is done in multiple steps.

First MFMP will do independend verification (would hugely improve his credibility), then, some time later, another entity (maybe your desired "reuptable testing facility"?), and in the last step he will instruct a replication.

I'm sure I read this somewhere, maybe it was BobG telling us about me356's plans. Or did I mix something up??(

• Didn't me356 say somewhere that this validation is done in multiple steps.

First MFMP will do independend verification (would hugely improve his credibility), then, some time later, another entity (maybe your desired "reuptable testing facility"?), and in the last step he will instruct a replication.

I'm sure I read this somewhere, maybe it was BobG telling us about me356's plans. Or did I mix something up??(

That is right. Thus far me356's reasons for thinking he has a working device have been far from convincing. Positive MFMP testing would be an enormous step-up in credibility, after which other validation could be found.

• Where are dollars in this comment?

My bad. I assumed dollars or euros. I don't know the cost of testing at a reputable laboratory, but since indisputable results would immediately win him the 1.4 M dollars of the Nobel Prize (and offers of billions for the IP), still a wise investment.

Does anybody have an approximation of how much such testing could cost?

Edit: As a matter of fact, were he to propose a crowdfunding, with the money going directly to the testing lab, he would have no problem getting the money.

• Official Post

My bad. I assumed dollars or euros. I don't know the cost of testing at a reputable laboratory, but since indisputable results would immediately win him the 1.4 M dollars of the Nobel Prize (and offers of billions for the IP), still a wise investment.

We have been here before. Reputable laboratories in the testing business (UL, NPL, etc) tend to shy away from OU devices, or anything that works by an unknown mechanism. Such things are, as far as they are concerned are reputation traps.

• Reputable laboratories in the testing business (UL, NPL, etc) tend to shy away from OU devices . . .

There is no chance such laboratories would test this device. However, there are many reputable labs in the spectrum between the informal MFMP and the ultra-professional UL-class which would be willing to test it. I expect you could ramp up from MFMP all the way up to, say, Los Alamos with 3 or 4 tests.

The test would not actually be done at UL because that is not what they do. That is not their purpose. They are only in the business of certifying the safety of consumer goods. They do not conduct original scientific research. They do not verify experimental claims or patent claims. They work with manufactured products that are ready to be marketed. There are thousands of university labs, corporate labs, and national labs such as Los Alamos that would be willing to test this kind of claim, once it passed 3 or 4 tests with small but reputable labs, as I said.

Before Rossi or anyone else sells an actual working commercial reactor it will have be tested by UL, and by many safety regulators in the government. This will cost billions of dollars and it will take several years. Strictly speaking, there is no law saying you have to do this, but no vendor or store would think of selling a device that has not been approved by the UL and by government safety regulators. The potential liability might bankrupt any industrial corporation, no matter how big. So, in practice you could not sell a single reactor to the public, or to any institution, for any practical purpose. Even the military would not touch it, according to people I know in the Army, Navy and Air Force. The only thing you could do is sell prototypes to university and corporate labs which you wait for regulators to grind through their tests.

I myself think it would be insane to allow anyone to use a nuclear reactor that works by unknown principles for any reason other than scientific experimentation. Until we know exactly how and why this works, and how to control it, no one should be allowed to scale up. If I were in charge, I would not allow anyone to build a device larger than 1 kW. Even that is dangerous; 100 W is big enough for any purpose I can imagine. Building an array of devices that supposedly produce 1 MW is grossly irresponsible. If it had actually worked, and something had gone wrong, it might have irradiated the public and caused criminal damage. It might even have destroyed the future of cold fusion. Fortunately -- fortunately in this one sense only -- the machine was a crude hoax that produced no excess heat and no cold fusion effect at all, so it was no danger to anyone.

• I myself think it would be insane to allow anyone to use a nuclear reactor that works by unknown principles for any reason other than scientific experimentation. Until we know exactly how and why this works, and how to control it, no one should be allowed to scale up. If I were in charge,

R. Mills says that his reactor works via chemical means and is not nuclear. On this way, can Mills avoid the testing mandate that you are explaining? If yes, then the Mills hydrino theory has very real utility.

• I wrote: "If it is an ordinary household outlet, I recommend plugging the whole machine into a Watts Up power meter (or something similar). Those things are foolproof. If there is extra power going in somehow, the meter will burn up."

https://www.amazon.com/Watts-P…ption-Meter/dp/B000CSWW92

At Vortex, Axil Axil kindly uploaded Power Meter Wiring Diagram of the MFMP test. It appears to show something like a Watts Up power meter in the first stage, on the top left. There is also a clip on meter and some other power meter. Plus there is a 10 amp fuse.

I think this ensures there can be no secret extra electric power.

If I can make this confounded message system work . . . here is a screen capture of the Diagram, made by me:

• R. Mills says that his reactor works via chemical means and is not nuclear. On this way, can Mills avoid the testing mandate that you are explaining?

No, he cannot possibly avoid this testing mandate. That is preposterous. The thing is, he would first have to convince every scientist and regulator that his theory is correct, and that it explains the reaction perfectly, in complete depth, with absolutely no chance of a mistake. He could never do that.

First, because they would not believe his theory, which is far from the mainstream.

Second, because regulators and others have a legal responsibility to test all claims themselves. Even if they believed Mills, they would still have to verify what he says in their own testing labs, and that would take as much time and money as it takes to test any other technology, even one that is completely conventional, such as a hybrid automobile. (Safety testing the Prius and other models took years and billions of dollars.)

There is no way 21st century consumers or governments are going to allow the use of any technology without extensive safety testing. You cannot sell so much as a stapler or a new flavor of bubble gum without approval. The notion that you can sell a revolutionary new energy source that no one at present understands is completely out of the question. It is unthinkable.

On the other hand there would be such intense interest in the new energy source, so many vital military applications, and so many trillions of dollars of potential profit, that industrial corporations and governments will leap to the job of understanding, testing and approving. The U.S. military, for example, will understand that if other countries develop this, and we do not, they will be able to wipe us out in a week, as easily as the British destroyed the Chinese in the Opium Wars.

• AURA graph up at https://plot.ly/~QuantumHeat/29/aura-flow-temperature-power/

Looks like checking the resetup equipment. MFMP working late at Me356's pad 25/5/2017

In the meantime some Dvorak

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Czechia completely relies on Russia for natural gas imports..

it keeps its electricity costs low (relative to Germany) by burning coal

https://www.ft.com/content/2b8…88-11e4-83e4-00144feabdc0

If AURA technology proves feasible and safe .. long way to go..

Czech government may support development..... perhaps first for district heating.

Me356 probably already has considered this option.

More Music Smetana "the spring of the water gushes from the earth."

External Content www.youtube.com

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.