Advice On Accurate Measurements.

• Official Post

Thanks to Bob Greenyer of MFMP, who brought this excellent article to my attention.

Foreword

Metrology is notable for being an art no less than a science – and so is deception. All differences of intent and purpose notwithstanding, these two can be eerily alike. What makes the art of measurement different, however, from the many arts and sciences practiced by the petenshi of the world, is its propensity to deceive its own practitioner. In this particular quality it is only surpassed by few other endeavours like faith itself.

https://steemit.com/science/@m…ntrustworthy-measurements

• Accurate measurements are necessary only, when you're pursuing effects important from theoretical perspective. Once you want to heat your house with it, then the effect observed must be evident without doubts even under crude measurement.

• Accurate measurements are necessary only, when you're pursuing effects important from theoretical perspective.

Perhaps you mean precision rather than accuracy. The MFMP measurements will have to be accurate enough to exceed the margin of error by a large factor, but they can be imprecise because we are not trying to confirm a theory to explain the excess heat; we are only trying to confirm that it exists.

Rossi's 1-year test methods and instruments were so inaccurate they are meaningless. It is a little hard to believe you can make a factor of 50 error in calorimetry, but every indication is that's what he did. I do not think it was an error. It was deliberate.

The word "petenshi" is used in the article cited by Bob Greenyer. The author of the article is Japanese. This must be the Japanese word petenshi (ペテン師), a strange little word of uncertain origin which means: "charlatan, con man, crook, faker, flimflam . . ." That is an odd choice of words since the article is about inanimate instruments. But it is an appropriate word for claims of mysterious "over unity" energy.

There are some juicy sample sentences with "petenshi" here:

http://eowp.alc.co.jp/search?q…3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E5%B8%AB

The best sample sentence was in the 1954 edition of the Kenkusha which alas I no longer have. It was formal Japanese, something like: "Are you insinuating that I might be a charlatan?!? How dare you, sir!" It was just the sort of high dudgeon our friend Doctor Rossi loves. Japanese is the ideal language for high dudgeon.

The eowp dictionary quote from the Wizard of Oz is apt:

"'How can I help being a humbug,' he said, 'when all these people make me do things that everybody knows can't be done?'"

• OK, I can reformulate it like "if you believe you have an overunity, just construct self-looped selfrunner". No precious measurements or complex theories will be required after then. Andrea Rossi never constructed selfrunners, neither he did precise measurements.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.