Neat experimental tricks and replication strategies of LENR (Me356 replication in particular)

• I'm convinced, that most of LENR experiments can be demonstrated even with modest equipment in Russian style. Also no precise/expensive colorimetric setup is required for determination of success - once you detect radioactivity during Me356 setup, then you can know, you're outside realm of classical physics. Accurate measurements are necessary only, when you're pursuing effects important from theoretical perspective. Once you want to heat your house with it, then the effect observed must be evident without doubts even with crude measurement. Also, forget the replication attempts in Parkhomov style: the chance that you could keep airtight reactor heated above 1200°C with extremely reactive and corrosive LiAlH4 untouched in amateur conditions is equal zero.

• The electric source for plasma from Chinese ozone generators. These cheap generators will pollute your home with nitric oxides rather than ozone, but their generators are quite powerful and definitely better than Tesla coils/Jacobs ladder generators. They generate AC voltage ~ 10 kV range with frequency about 10 kHz and their versions can be powered with 12 V or 220 Volts. They also come with cooling fan, which enables the prolonged work. The AC output must be rectified with high-voltage diode. The reason is, you want to implant the hydrogen ions beneath the surface of nickel, not just to stimulate the LENR with oscillations. One-way rectification is enough here.

3AmnVZU.jpg

• The lithium foil from dismantled laptop etc. batteries can not only serve as an accessible source of fusion material, but also as a getter which enables to create vacuum inside closed jar even without pump, as the lithium reacts with both oxygen, both nitrogen at the same moment. Without electromagnetic stirring, the lithium must be heated to over 500 °C for to dissolve the crust, which results in a high evaporation rate. For heating of lithium getter the microwave oven or cheap induction heater can be utilized with advantage. The stirring allows operation at temperatures in the 300 to 400 °C range, which reduces the evaporation and the resulting build up of lithium on the walls and other surfaces. Finally, by adding drop of water into jar you can create an atmosphere of low pressure hydrogen within single pot operation.

K9cWGLf.png

• Dirt Cheap Muon Detector - build instructions (from Axill's thread) Detecting Muons in a Simple Can

Organic scintillators were developed about 60 years ago to detect radiation. Scintillator performance is measured by the number of easy-to-measure deep-blue (visible frequency) photons emitted per incident radiation event. In May 2010 researchers from Kyoto University demonstrated that a simple plastic bottle could be used as an organic scintillator. Commercially available Scintirex is also based on the resin used in plastic drinking or SodaStream bottles, i.e. polyethylene naphthalate (PEN). Studies have found that PEN bottles are well suited to radiation measurement and light propagation. The material is also easy to fabricate and mould, so radiation detectors can be made in many different shapes and sizes. Their fluorescence is easily visible under UV light and it's also utilized for their recycling.

http://i.imgur.com/HRyrud5.gif

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.