New journal article from Brilliant Light Power

• R.Mills announces "Gold standard" confirmation of BrLP hydrino reactor megapower.

"This paper presents gold standard confirmation of megawatt scale power and over two-orders-of–magnitude

energy gain from the hydrino reaction, spectrum of the hydrino transition to H(1/4),

and comprehensive identification of the molecular hydrino H2(1/4) product.

http://brilliantlightpower.com…st-Power-Paper-053117.pdf

We intend to have these results widely replicated. Also, our progress on the commercialization and

the implications of the hydrino power source and the SunCell were covered by the Huffington Post today:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/592ec431e4b07c4c73138706

Posted by: Randy Mills <[email protected]

For me Figures 55, 56 are very interesting.

The putative hydrino , rather than dispersing,

appears to hang around in indium and carbon long enough for measurements to be taken.

How his thin graphite shell at >3000K interacts with the hydrino, is probably a concern of Mills.

• This is an extraordinarily comprehensive and well-documented paper. The details included of the instrumentation and calibration procedures are especially impressive. I haven't read past the first 20 pages, but I expect the findings will be equally well presented. Not that I'm a Mills believer (yet) but it's hard to fake something like this.

I doubt on RM theory, but history is full of great inventors with working devices and wrong theory. Let us hope someone can confirm and replicate, or else that it ends definitively.

Exactly my impression too, but we will see..

• "great inventors with working devices and wrong theory"

The BrLP team still doesn't have a working device. Maybe a few months more to get

the Brilliant light coming out continuously and being converted to heat continuously.

The proposal for a graphite shell at 3000 K temperature to supply the solar cells

may run into problems because of carbon reaction with hydrogen, and also sublimation

of carbon.

The basketball may need to have an interior shell of tungsten.

• I think in this paper he is giving all details to reproduce the experiments for the first time. This might be because he now knows how far the way is from this "single drop explosion" setup to a continuous working device. The fear of a competitor being faster than BLP only based on the details of the catalyst and the basic reaction setup now revealed seems to be gone. The paper reads like an invitation to replicate it. When I am home I am going to ask Mills if BLP is actively pursuing some labs to replicate their results (without paying them).

Regarding the "believer" or "non believer" thing: there are parts of his theory that do not need any believe to see that they work. Mills is the first to give simple equations for the ionization energies of atoms/ions with fundamental constants only and no fitting factors used. And it is pretty easy to understand: the ionization energy is just the energy needed to remove the electron out of the potential well of the proton. The hard part is to calculate the "orbiting radius" of the electrons and how this radius changes when the electron configuration of the atom changes (the radius changes because of the changing electric and magnetic interactions between "electron neighbors"). There are some parts of his theory that do not need belief anymore and the impact of this fact is already huge. The hydrino part does not belong to the "obvious correct" part of his theory but the shown experiments already give some supporting evidence that it also might be correct.

I know I sound like a broken record, but in my eyes the key to understand LENR lies in the understanding and further development of Randell Mills theory. For me taking Mills serious is a no brainer:

We have a theory that treats electrons and protons as "real" particles with moving charge that behave according to maxwells laws which gives rise to electric and magnetic fields aswell as spin. The structure of atoms and molecules is therefor totally dependend on electric and magnetic interactions. Makes sense? Is simple? Does not need a plethora of new postulates? Check!

We have equations derived from this theory that reproduce many atomic and molecular properties to great accuracy that can be checked against vast amounts of independant measurements? The equations are open and every undergraduate of a natural science can "understand" and use them without a complicated (closed source) numeric computation framework? Check!

We have experiments supporting this theory and the experiments are (at least in this new paper) described in detail? (The (very) basic results of these experiments have been replicated in 2003 by Conrads and Kroesen not in this detail but with the results: unexplained EUV and UV radiation and unexplained long afterglow of the plasma after switching of power). Check!

In my eyes it is time for us as the LENR community to take Mills more serious and for universities and labs to replicate is findings and try to prove him wrong (or not)!

• Epimetheus said

"I think in this paper he is giving all details to reproduce the experiments for the first time."

I was wondering why detailed methodology was being pushed into the results section.

It makes the results section very difficult to read.

I think that you are correct... Mills appears to be inviting replication.

• Does not need a plethora of new postulates? Check!

I continue to take interest in BrLP's experimental stuff. I disagree about this conclusion, however, which is contraindicated by this thread. In order to go along with Mills's explanation in GUT-CP, we must adopt a whole lot of postulates that Mills is too busy to explicitly connect to one another, so they just sit there in GUT-CP, waiting for the reader to do the accounting needed to show that they cannot be reconciled into a coherent derivation.

• Why 3000K?

I predict that the temperature of the SunCell plasma will not exceed the boiling point of silver at 2435 K.

• Who is correct: R Mills, K Sholders, or L. Holmlid?

These guys have described a system where electrons fall into a state where their position is under the ground state of the hydrogen electron orbit. But Shoulders and Holmlid describe a system where MANY electrons are in a deep orbital state. How can we determine where the electron(s) ends up and how their behavior will become after the catalytic process? I will provide a suggestion. Detect muons emanating from the SunCell reaction and Holmlid will be proven to have the proper understanding of the SunCell reaction.

• Why 3000K?

I predict that the temperature of the SunCell plasma will not exceed the boiling point of silver at 2435 K.

I thought they would increase the pressure ans so increase the boiling point of silver. Anyhow reaching those hot temperatures seams difficult. I wouldn't be surprised that they will stall on this point, go back and redesign.

• The research paper referenced here was probably intended to generate data as a way to select the best electrode material to use in the SunCell. The temperature of the carbon black body radiator can be adjusted by moving it toward or away from the plasma light source. This uses the inverse square law to adjust the amount of power that the surface of carbon sphere will be exposed to.

• I thought they would increase the pressure ans so increase the boiling point of silver. Anyhow reaching those hot temperatures seams difficult. I wouldn't be surprised that they will stall on this point, go back and redesign.

stefan : Originally the SUN-CELL reaction was run/ignited at very low pressure. Of course, even if you start at low pressure, with increasing T pressure will rise too. The problem Mills will face, is that the real reaction running in the SUN-CELL looks quite different from the one he claims, which will prevent him to make the right design decisions.

Eric Walker : I'm currently doing some second and third level GUT-CP fitting with Mills Helium calculations, which, without fitting, are already several magnitues better than any QM approach. What will you say, if we can calculate some helium lines with 4 digits precision?

• What will you say, if we can calculate some helium lines with 4 digits precision?

My issue has never been with the fitting of the final Mills equations. Semi-empirical equations, for example, can be quite accurate. My issue has always been with the claims around their derivation, and namely that they come from existing classical equations and require no new assumptions or postulates. So your showing helium lines with 4 digits of precision, while interesting, is not directly relevant to my point.

• Eric Walker : I'm currently doing some second and third level GUT-CP fitting with Mills Helium calculations, which, without fitting, are already several magnitues better than any QM approach. What will you say, if we can calculate some helium lines with 4 digits precision?

My main reason for accepting GUTCP is the derivation of the hydrogen radius using only centripetal forces and electrical forces skipping the magnetic forces. The result is very simple and straight forward and the simplicity of this model is a strong litmus test that there really are something in GUTCP. But my question is, since you dwell on higher accuracy, is if you managed to follow the deduction of the magnetic force correction. I find that part very hard to follow in all details.

/Stefan

• My main reason for accepting GUTCP is the derivation of the hydrogen radius using only centripetal forces and electrical forces skipping the magnetic forces.

stefan : The Helium calculations definitely need all internal magnetic energies, that completely lack in any QM formalism... Beeing able to calculate Helium is far more outstanding than hydrogen, because QM failed for 70 years to do so.

Additional Radial (to center of mass) magnetic forces only occur if a photon gets captured in the orbitsphere.

In the original formula for the a0 Hydrogen radius Mill's (1.253) shows that the magnetic energy momentum is structurally equivalent to the proton kinetic momentum that can be summed up in the reduced mass formula! Whether this holds for all orbital calculations has to be shown.

But for He things become tricky and demanding as with four bodies, you have to carefully weigh the interactions.

This paper presents gold standard confirmation of megawatt scale power and over two-orders-of–magnitude

energy gain from the hydrino reaction,

What could he possibly mean by "energy gain"? What LENRians call COP? LOL! With megawatts of power at the output, can someone explain why he needs an power input (you have to have a power input for the concept of gain to be meaningful hence I think that is what he means) at all. I think that just as Rossi has a fancy heater, Mills has a fancy welding machine. Tons of power in and of course, lots of lights and heat out. Wait and see. Anyone want to bet? In two, five and twenty years from now, if he is still around, Mills and BLP will not have any products for sale or even for proper testing by the likes of a government lab. The next 20 or so years will be just like the past 20 or so years. Lots of money spent, a nice salary for Mills and friends, tons of claims, reams of theory and absolutely nothing tangible in terms of sales or properly proven physical discoveries.

• Axil wrote

"Why 3000K? I predict that the temperature of the SunCell plasma will not exceed the boiling point of silver at 2435 K"

At higher temperatures more of the blackbody radiation is in the photovoltaic range.,

as in the halogen bulbs for the old overhead projectors where the tungsten filament is at 3300K.

Mills might use silver for the low temperature 'brilliant heat 'model and another metal for the 'brilliant light' model.?

There are a whole lot of other materials engineering issues that Mills has to address along the way to the production stage.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.