Clearance Items

• I don't think anyone outside Rossi's group knows. That the design has shrunk in size and power from the early versions (used to be 100W) suggests that it will be difficult to scale up.

Rossi seems happy with the present design and it would do well for many applications. I hope he finalizes it and start mass production. I'm sure he won't stop working on new designs.

He's very good at "working on new designs".

Not really good on "start mass production",yet.

According to his several web sites, you can order/buy an "old-tech" E-Cat-"1MW- wonder" since years.

I've checked the "buy a 1-MW E-Cat-option" on Hydrofusion, on Leonardo site and ecat-site today.

Don't wanna confuse. The argument is still, what was in the past of Dott. Rossis history, what's up in the future.

Adrian, believe me.

I wanna see LENR/CF as real, a change in human tech. But Rossi doesn't deliver ... He never did in the past.

Let's wait for another year ... Meet me again at LENR forum at the end of 2018.

• "When you're hot, you're hot. When you're not, you're not" and Rossi most definitely is not. Unless he has a Joule heater up his a__ under his hat.

• "A halogen lamp filament is hot! Who knew?"

So which is hotter ..Rossis's plasma (as stated) or the tungsten filament... and by how much?

I think Maryyugo was making a story that the audience was endangered by the heat

or that the stated temperature was impossible

or perhaps it was just the usual zillions of attention -seeking

I think Maryyugo was making a story that the audience was endangered by the heat

or that the stated temperature was impossible

If Rossi's inane kludge were anything but a collection of spare parts drawer junk, and if it did really contain a plasma made by nuclear fusion, it would be exceedingly dangerous, inasmuch as it has neither adequate backup cooling, thermal and impact shielding, a way of dumping the reactants and fuel, or any visible means of control at all. That Rossi uses a cheap electrical tape with a service temperature not much above room temperature to cover up the whole messy piece of trash, tells me that he does not expect anything to get very hot. That many of the parts are plastic and appear to be common household or garden pipe fittings tells me the same thing. It's either a complete fake or Rossi has no regard for human life. I know which of those it is though.

or perhaps it was just the usual zillions of attention -seeking

Oh right. Because your contributions are so sterling and illuminating.

• Paradigmnoia wrote"An HID lamp can have a color temperature of 20000 K, and still be less than 4000 K in temperature"

True ...I googled 2500C

but what was the stated temperature of the Rossi device?

I missed it

The good thing is that this thread does seem to have the anomalous heat removed.

perhaps a jester like Maryyugo does serve a function?

• It's nice that Lewan, after six years of ignoring it, has finally come around to "insisting" that Rossi do "dummy measurements." He means blank or control or calibration perhaps but "dummy" is more apt in this instance. Rossi doesn't do the same exact trick all the time. Absent the waveform, frequency and amplitude of the power input to the "reactor" and absent the "reactor's" electrical properties, Lewan's dummy run with simple resistors is worthless.

With the information he provided, which as always is insufficient to demonstrate the performance of his device, Rossi has again *easily* out thought and bamboozled Lewan as completely as in the past-- just with a different method. It isn't that Rossi is so clever though I admit he is resourceful at finding ways to deceive, mislead and to make a test look real when it isn't remotely even a test. But it's more that Rossi's believers and acolytes are so eager to get fooled that they will swallow just about any weird performance as proving Rossi's point. Then, when this is pointed out for them, they fall back on saying critics will never believe until the gadget is in Home Depot for sale. Well, that certainly would prove the point but so would a set of properly performed and independent measurements and you can wait until hell freezes over until that happens and until Rossi's believers demand it.

That Rossi only has to convince his backers prpbably never crosses your mind.

You're joking. I and the other critics always point out that Rossi's appeal is to the lowest common denominator of easily flummoxed believer, to investors with more money than sense and that he has no chance of EVER convincing anyone with a single critical muscle in their body. Never anyone who requires a properly performed independent test by real experts in thermal and/or nuclear physics. And he never had such a person though eventually, IH, after a year of no performance whatever from Rossi, had to get smart and with predictable results.

Yes, Rossi only has to convince one rich investor and I wouldn't bet against him on that one. New marks come along all the time. Madoff depended on a succession of them so he could use new money to pay old debts. Rossi is following his old script with elements of Steorn's thrown in but without the classy looking gadgets and expensive components Steorn bought with the farmer/investors' generous cash. And he will end like Steorn. With a going-out-of-business sale of whatever junk he has left.

• In the Gullstrom-Rossi report, the temperature by light spectroscopy was reported as 2635 K.

• Official Post

Measurements

My gosh Ahlfors, you are so talkative sometimes. Yap, yap, yap. Like my wife. :) Yes, I got the earlier thing about Hurley. Looks as if JONP is a recruitment tool, along with it's propaganda purposes. I am sure after the initial contact, Rossi ran this young man through the weeding out process to determine if he had the right stuff.

I am curious just how much Rossi let him in on with this test? Or like with Lewan, did he keep him in the dark about the QXs reactor characteristics and make him take it on faith, or does he know the details? Hopefully he knows all, because if he does, that means he stands with Rossi on this demo. That is a step in the right direction.

Seems Lewan has some doubts though, and I wonder if this Hurley does too? So many questions, so few answers. We shall see in the morning whether our insider reporter can shed more light on all this.

• Alan Smith after sleep

I had a chat with Mr Hurley. His employees own refineries all over the USA. He told me 'we are big users of process heat'.

I believer you meant "employers" rather than employees.

Did Mr. Hurley provide an analysis of the experiment, it's quality and the results? If so, what was it? And does he know the input waveform, frequency and amplitude of the electric power sent to the reactor? Does he know the purported contents of the "reactor"?

I am sure after the initial contact, Rossi ran this young man through the weeding out process to determine if he had the right stuff.

You mean a high tolerance for confusion, an eagerness to please Rossi so as to stay in the loop, and gullibility sufficient to take Rossi's word on just about anything? That would be the "right stuff" in this instance.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.