Clearance Items

• Hi Longview,

Your feelings are noted. But with all due respect, Zephir_AWT is not going to be reinstated before the end of the two week period. There is a long history with him, and he is close to being permabanned.

I appreciate your feelings may differ on this. But he has shown a persistent pattern of cringe-inducing attacks on forum participants and mods and an unwillingness to change his behavior despite repeated warnings, behavior which is detrimental to the kind of polite discourse we wish to promote and which will not be permitted indefinitely.

• Alan, being a moderator at this forum perhaps you can tell me if there is a forum rule that says that you should at least try to discuss things that have at least some connection to the topic.

• Well Shane, you will suddenly start trusting what is posted a lot more...

Unless you feel somewhat hesitant to put your trust into the hands of anonymous Internet commentators with unclear agendas and financing ... But that is only me of course ;)

• Unless you feel somewhat hesitant to put your trust into the hands of anonymous Internet commentators with unclear agendas and financing ... But that is only me of course ;)

Certainly, you can never be 100% sure about the integrity of any of the posters here (regardless whether he is anonymous or not).

E.g. it could always be that someone who comments here tries to push or secure his financial investment (e.g shares in a CF/LENR enterprise).

And if one is prone to conspiracy theories, you may also believe that some ‘big powers’ want to surpress LENR.

So, you never know whose comments are 100% trustworthy.

However, about one thing I am sure: I don’t trust the “expertise” of anybody who considered for more than 1 hour that this junk called e-cat / hot-cat / QuarkX is a nuclear reactor.

Sorry to tell you guys, if you ever have promoted/believed in Rossi’s e-cat ‘technology’, you should not wonder why you are not taken seriously with anything else you might support now.

To me, a Rossi believer is like a financial advicer who got taken by a nigerian scam, and therefore proofed himself as beeing totally incompetent with his assessments.

• Precisely what I'm talking about... You prove my point with a real life example :)

My message however was obviously not intended for you, since your bias is already set in stone and you are pushing it best you can, as good as anyone of those other anonymous Internet commentators with unclear agendas and financing.

Unless you feel somewhat hesitant to put your trust into the hands of anonymous Internet commentators with unclear agendas and financing ...

I keep seeing garbage like this. Most of us who criticize Rossi have a very clear agenda -- to prevent fraud, crookery and cons. As for financing, PLEASE PLEASE oh PUHLLEAZ tell me where I can get my hands on it!!!!! As for trust. who is asking for trust except Rossi? Certainly I don't ask for trust. I simply ask that people look at the facts and ask appropriate questions.

• Paradigmnoia: are any of the jobs located at the giant robotized factory currently hidden by a Romulan cloaking device?

No, those jobs are for the robots.

Experts on MV-level survolters, anti-gravity water, and pressure-free water displacement technologies should apply with a list of references.

Passive, gullible, and incurious persons with deep pockets and/or some sort of (even slightly) nuclear or power generation related experience may apply to become partners in, or validators of, an exciting and ever-changing technology currently in development, (but will be available within months).

• I keep seeing garbage like this. Most of us who criticize Rossi have a very clear agenda -- to prevent fraud, crookery and cons. As for financing, PLEASE PLEASE oh PUHLLEAZ tell me where I can get my hands on it!!!!! As for trust. who is asking for trust except Rossi? Certainly I don't ask for trust. I simply ask that people look at the facts and ask appropriate questions.

If this is the case it seems you are doing it for free... Where is the incentive to pay you then?

And if your true incentives are as altruistic as you say, why would you even want to get paid?

• To everyone being paid to post criticisms of Rossi on obscure websites, please tell me the going rates and some contact information. I feel quite cheated doing it for free all this time.

Since you, as Mary, already are doing it for free why would anyone want to pay you? Either your motives are altruistic, in which case you don't want to get paid or you are going about the wrong way which doesn't really label you cheated but something else [open for suggestions here] ... ;)

• Tony, apparently you lack the sarcasm gene. However, you do seem to have the genetic makeup that allows someone to seriously think that there are people who would pay others to criticize Rossi on obscure websites. A rare trait indeed.

Actually, I don't agree with you conclusion - which sound a bit like - anyone believing there are possibly hidden motives in the Rossi trashing comments are either crack-pots or conspiracy theorists. As you might know this is usually the first defense of those actually performing the trashing...

But, since you and Mary brought payment up, I just pointed to the two possible explanations. I take it from you answer that you are doing for some altruistic reason (saving swedish investors/partners or whatever). I have no idea why you find this so important that you spend all these hours doing i, but hey - that is your choice (even though I can think of more fulfilling ways to make this world a better place.)

• Tony,

Arguing on public blogs is pretty normal, done by many, and mostly without financial or other inducement. You need to be weird to see this as needing ulterior motive. But, in this case, a hidden motive is (presumably) some sort of conspiracy theory. So I can't understand your argument.

I also find your statements dishonest. For example you accuse Mary of bringing up the issue of payment, when in fact you first raised it a few posts above her.

Finally - your understanding of human psychology sucks. A lot of people here (including me) self-admittedly find the Rossi psychodrama compelling. Rossi is a person of unusual talents, able to convince technically literate followers while transparently lying and exhibiting technical incompetence. I suspect something similar is true of many charismatic individuals. What is different about Rossi is that the whole saga is writ out large on internet blogs, and cloaked in a pretence of scientific expertise that even semi-competent people like Mats swallow. It is the credulity of Rossi's followers (perhaps you too), as much as Rossi's own character, that fascinates here.

THH

• Official Post

It is the credulity of Rossi's followers (perhaps you too), as much as Rossi's own character, that fascinates here.

Since you don't appear to believe in LENR at all, I always you were here just for the arguments. I didn't realise that psychodramas could be so compelling, I can't even get to the end of a box set TV drama without getting the feeling I should be doing something more useful. :)

• . You need to be weird to see this as needing ulterior motive

Is that so?

Why is it that all of a sudden a tsunami of counter attack defense (need to be weird... conspiracy, bla bla, etc etc) surfaces when possible motives of the Rossi haters are brought up. That is the kind of psychology I'm interested in ... ;)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.