Clearance Items

• How can a difference between a control and a test which clearly demonstrates a positive XSH effect in the test be ignored at all? To do so is irrational on your part, ...

I didn't say that difference between a control and a test are to be ignored, I said quite the opposite. Read my post of a few hours ago. I wrote: "The comparison between the behaviors of cells filled with different electrolytes or featuring cathodes made of different material is very important."

I only stressed that this difference is meaningless with respect to the conclusions contained in the 1992 F&P paper, which describes an experiment with no control test.

… but i understand your reluctance to accept the notion that you are wrong.

This a very common weakness of the human nature. Let's the readers decide who is affected by it in this case.

And BTW this is clearly off topic, and very shortly this post, your post and other related OT posts will be moved to clearance.

I've just answered all the replies to my first comment (1) posted in the thread dedicated to the 3000th member of this LENR-forum, which is the most important site worldwide where people can discuss about CF, a phenomenon claimed almost 30 years ago by F&P. So it seems to me that all those posts where in topic.

Anyway, could you please indicate where is it possible for the L-F members to discuss about the two founders of CF and their experiments?

(1) 3000th LENR-Forum Member!

I think Ascoli65 plays for the hot fusion soccer team. Happily all his shots at goal are offside.

Hey Ascoli65 : Do you or did you ever work for a company or other organization which obtains funding for or related to hot fusion?

(not that cold fusion is any competition for hot fusion-- maybe someday but in the present, that's just another silly myth)

• There are plenty of plausible scenarios involving nefarious cabals from Big Oil, Big Pharma, insurance companies and defense contractors - all trillion-dollar enterprises. This is the only place where plasma physicists are labeled evil overlords. Sure, fusion power gets lots of funding relatively speaking and one can certainly argue whether or not it is well spent, but get real. Deodorants are a $75 Billion a year business. So Right Guard must have an army out there protecting their access to the world’s armpits.

• Hey Ascoli65: Do you or did you ever work for a company or other organization which obtains funding for or related to hot fusion?

This is irrelevant. On the web, I'm what I write.

About hot fusion, I've already written my opinion in several posts.

The following are those posted in the last few months:

1 - FP's experiments discussion

2 - FP's experiments discussion

3 - FP's experiments discussion

4 - Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

5 - Clearance Items

• (not that cold fusion is any competition for hot fusion-- maybe someday but in the present, that's just another silly myth)

That is not a myth at all. Read Mallove's book, and read the newspaper articles and comments by plasma fusion scientists. They went on the warpath within days of the announcement, trashing F&P's reputation. See, for example:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MalloveEmitspecial.pdf

The opposition to cold fusion has been led by the plasma fusion researchers from the start, and it still is. I assume they are afraid of losing funding.

Now we’re talking evil overlords...

However, apart from politics, Koch enterprises support superb PBS programming including one of my all time favorites NOVA. Evil may be their intent, I don't know, but PBS support (unintentionally) supports a very liberal and usually objective network.

• However, apart from politics, Koch enterprises support superb PBS programming including one of my all time favorites NOVA. Evil may be their intent, I don't know, but PBS support (unintentionally) supports a very liberal and usually objective network.

That’s all true. The Koches are not idealogues; they are driven entirely by greed. They have moral principles unless acting on them affects their wallets.

• Start a thread of your own instead of hijacking the rest.

OK, fine. I'll do it.

However, the closed thread ("FP's experiments discussion") wasn't hijacked by me. It was chosen by Shane D. to move there some comments (1), starting incidentally from one of mine (2). The justification for using a preexistent thread was that otherwise "So much on LF's is lost by starting new threads." I wonder if this same justification wouldn't suggest to reopen the closed thread.

Anyway, I will wait 24 hours before opening a new thread dedicated to F&P experiments.

(1) Where is the LENR goal line, and how best do we get there?

(2) FP's experiments discussion

• KevMo - everything that could be said has been said here.

Let me see...

You're quoting me from another thread where apparently you DIDN'T respond and brought it over here to this thread which would appear to have different rules, since it doesn't appear to be a Rossi thread.

Hmmm.

I think I'll respond over HERE where you have been invited to reply in context instead of hiding in a thread with 462 pages or over in this thread where there's other stuff going on.

https://disqus.com/home/discus…_report_on_rossi_reactor/

• No one of them were even asked [about the fans] [under oath]! And if they were, we don't have their responses! Such an important question, and nobody was asked under oath? All of the people that were paraded through the factory, and none of the lawyers thought to ask the most obvious questions of all regarding the heat exchanger?

Doesn't add up to me. I suspect both Rossi and IH have withheld the responses from us, and that this issue was to be litigated during the trial.

Maybe Rossi demonstrated the device for a day or two. Part of the initial validation was only for 1 day greater than 6 COP. Once that took place, and IH figured they had belled the cat, then they transfer $10M, hoping to eat the cat's lunch or at least share it with the cat, and Rossi discovers something in his interactions with IH that pisses him off. Something like, they're taking these results to his would-be competitors or some customer he disapproves of,... whatever -- with Rossi , it could have been almost anything. So that's the end of Rossi cooperating with them, and it takes a while for IH to realize it. The plan was to install a heat exchanger for the longer tests which would have attracted customers, but Rossi put the kibosh on that plan and started working towards other goals that did not include IH. From that point on, Rossi is generating a completely fabricated demo, rigged up Fred Flintstone-like so he can control whether it works and who it works for, that kind of thing.

------------------------------------------

edit:

ok, why was this post removed from the thread? It sure can't be due to overly considerate of Rossi's feelings...

• I know. Let me explain my point one more time. Focardi shared with Piantelli all the claims about their presumed NiH effect, which were published before the arrival of Rossi in 2007. His subsequent involvement in the Ecat affair has clearly shown that his claims about the calorimetric performances of a CF device are not reliable. This unreliability affects in turn all his previous measurements, including those at the basis of the results he claimed together with Piantelli.

The Ascoli troll strikes again! Focardi formed a business to follow up his findings (only fools do this... may be in the world of Ascology) . The Ascoli troll gives no details/explanation for his claims except his most inner believe that all LENR should be fringe science.

• I have zero interest in Ascoli’s bizarre

Zero to add to a thread , as is usual from io, except "bizarre"

Ascoli65 is demanding recognition without providing any scientific or indeed personal validification.

" I ask you to join me in this call to the people who are going to meet next March 23 at MIT"

How delusional is it to demand that people do things for ' it'

to find and bring data to the MIT meeting, when we do not even know what "it" is!!!!!

I do not consider any of its requests worthy of action.

I also have zero-interest in interested observer.

Its adds little to this forum except supercilious comments.. but it maintains it has a scientific background

It should get over its non self and keep off this thread.

• I also have zero-interest in interested observer.

Its adds little to this forum except supercilious comments.. but it maintains it has a scientific background

It should get over its non self and keep off this thread.

On the contrary, Interested Observer has said explicitly that 'its' comments are not intended to move science forward.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.