Clearance Items

• It is not clear whether they followed a known successful setup. Some experts say they advised Google but Google ignored them. Others seem to think Google may be close to success. There is not enough detail in the paper for me to judge.

If they did ignore the literature and experts, they screwed the pooch. I would suspect ill intention in that case, but Hanlon's law may apply: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

For sure, none of the Google researchers followed the best known successful setup: the boil off experiment performed by F&P in April-May 1992 (1). Had they done so, they would surely have obtained the exact same behavior documented in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBAIIZU6Oj8

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

However, Google people knew that this experiment was the most reliable among those performed by the CF pioneers and that it was widely praised by the old guard and by all LENR supporters until recently. In fact, ref.12 in Nature paper cites the article published in 2009 by Krivit and Marwan, which presents the 1992 F&P experiment in this very positive way (2): "By 1993, Fleischmann and Pons had developed such control of their experiments, particularly the cathode material, that they had the confidence and ability to set up a row of four cells side by side and initiate anomalous-heat reactions on all four at will."

So, if Trevithick's intention is really to solve the mystery of cold fusion, all he has to do is asking Google to fund an adequate replica of this single crucial experiment. It's not at all difficult, nor too expensive. There is plenty of documentation on this experimental setup. They can replicate it very accurately. Replicators should just add a simple instrument to continuously monitor the cell weight in order to directly measure the electrolyte mass, so that they can derive the correct trend of the energy lost by evaporation along the whole experiment.

The running of the 1992 setup will certainly exhibit the same experimental behavior reported by F&P in their ICCF3 paper and documented in the various available versions of their lab video (3).

But …

But when Google replicators will recalculate the heat balance based on the actual trend of the water mass inside the cell, they will not find any excess heat at all, contrary to what reported by F&P in their ICCF3 paper and subsequent documents. At that point they will realize the true reason of the "subsequent failures to reproduce the effect" mentioned in their Nature's paper and will understand why the FPHE is just a foamy illusion.

(1) http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmancalorimetra.pdf

(2) http://newenergytimes.com/v2/l…ivit-S-ANewLookAtLENR.pdf

(3) FP's experiments discussion

PS - If they start preparing the setup right now, they might be able to show the results at the next ICCF22 in Assisi.

• My confidence level is 7 out of 10

that Rossi will be succesful.

It helps to keep it there knowing

people like Iggy Dairymple still believe in Rossi.

Good for You.

I remember some guys, who, just some years ago, started to be confident about our earth being flat.

I think, You and this community would do wise to get Yourself a private room...

• As so often happens in Russ George's blog, technical detail is minimal. His discussion of the Nature article largely involves personal reminiscences that portray him as already having explored much of the territory that the authors of the article are now publishing on.

Has Russ George published any of this work? He says he has given talks and so on, but these are ephemera. Has he published any of it?

• Has Russ George published any of this work? He says he has given talks and so on, but these are ephemera. Has he published any of it?

He has published 7 papers as far as I know. The most recent one was in 2000. See:

https://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=1081

In the "All Authors" box, enter "George, R." The paper 2014 is by another person George, Robert.

The 1994 paper is an interview with Srinivasan. I recommend it.

• Official Post

Kinda like how e-catworld doesn't upset the peace with Rossi? ;)

That is unfair. ECW chose to be that way, David had his arm twisted...twice! It was either comply or lawyer up, and that costs money. I don't like this type of legal bullying any more than you. Especially so in this case, where he was often the one initiating the insults, and on the very thread he started. Bad episode that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• He has published 7 papers as far as I know. The most recent one was in 2000. See:

https://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=1081

Hi Jed. I hadn't appreciated that your database is so user friendly. It's terrific!

Among the Russ George publications ... what is the nature of the ones that do not have links? They also do not show have citation information. I am thinking of the ones between 1995-97 with record numbers 1362, 1363, and 1341.

• If anyone is still interested, I am continuing the discussion of blood testing from a drop of blood and Theranos here. The claim by one or more posters was that there are ways to do hundreds or thousands of tests on a drop of blood. As I responded, that is true but sort of trivial. These are not every day clinical laboratory tests but rather immunoassays or DNA SNIP identifications. See for example: https://medicalfuturist.com/wh…blood-testing-stand-today and https://www.genalyte.com/6-blo…g-startups-next-theranos/

The multi billion dollar prize will go to whoever is the first to perform on a single drop of blood the actual tests used to evaluate health in a clinical laboratory setting. According to Scripps Health, these would include (in no particular order):

Comprehensive metabolic panel (see below)

Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy,

TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test

Complete blood count (CBC)

HbA1C (blood sugar)

Occult blood in stool and urinalysis

HDL and LDL levels

High sensitivity C-reactive protein

NMR Lipoprotein testing (advanced cholesterol test)

Prostate specific antigen – PSA (men)

----------

The comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) is a frequently ordered panel of 14 tests that gives a healthcare provider important information about the current status of a person's metabolism, including the health of the kidneys and liver, electrolyte and acid/base balance as well as levels of blood glucose and blood proteins. Abnormal results, and especially combinations of abnormal results, can indicate a problem that needs to be addressed.

The CMP includes the following tests:

Glucose - energy source for the body; a steady supply must be available for use, and a relatively constant level of glucose must be maintained in the blood.

Calcium - one of the most important minerals in the body; it is essential for the proper functioning of muscles, nerves, and the heart and is required in blood clotting and in the formation of bones.

Proteins

Albumin - a small protein produced in the liver; the major protein in serum

Total Protein - measures albumin as well as all other proteins in serum

Electrolytes

Sodium - vital to normal body processes, including nerve and muscle function

Potassium - vital to cell metabolism and muscle function

CO2 (carbon dioxide, bicarbonate) - helps to maintain the body's acid-base balance (pH)

Chloride - helps to regulate the amount of fluid in the body and maintain the acid-base balance

Kidney Tests

BUN (blood urea nitrogen) - waste product filtered out of the blood by the kidneys; conditions that affect the kidney have the potential to affect the amount of urea in the blood.

Creatinine - waste product produced in the muscles; it is filtered out of the blood by the kidneys so blood levels are a good indication of how well the kidneys are working.

Liver Tests

ALP (alkaline phosphatase) - enzyme found in the liver and other tissues, bone; elevated levels of ALP in the blood are most commonly caused by liver disease or bone disorders.

ALT (alanine amino transferase, also called SGPT) - enzyme found mostly in the cells of the liver and kidney; a useful test for detecting liver damage

AST (aspartate amino transferase, also called SGOT) - enzyme found especially in cells in the heart and liver; also a useful test for detecting liver damage

Bilirubin - waste product produced by the liver as it breaks down and recycles aged red blood cells

https://labtestsonline.org/tes…nsive-metabolic-panel-cmp

The above are the tests in common use world wide in clinical labs. If you know of a company contemplating making a machine which can perform a worthwhile subset of these on a drop of blood, I'd love to see the reference and the link. And I would certainly invest if credible testing had been done and appropriately reported. But then again, so would every venture capitalist be willing. Yet, this is what Theranos was implying they could deliver. Why else would they have been valued in the billions? For performing esoterica?

• It would seem that all the tests on the comprehensive metabolic panel can be performed by immunoassay nowadays - even blood counts. For TSH, immunoassay is now the recommended testing method, and the others are either regular tested by immunoassay, or such tests are being assesed for accuracy by researchers.

And is the "NMR" lipoprotein test really all that necessary, or are Scripps Health just trying to cash in with expensive tests? The Havard Medical School seems to think so:

"It sounds like you had advanced lipoprotein testing, which is a more detailed and also more expensive version of a standard cholesterol or lipid test. In general, I'm not a fan of this type of testing, because there is no solid evidence that the results are useful in any concrete way or provide information that can improve a person's health." https://www.health.harvard.edu…ipoprotein-testing-useful

I would imagine that Genalyte already use several immunoassays from the above list in the 60 or so tests they currently perform.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.