Clearance Items

• Bob#2: I suggest you contact a moral philosopher - any moral philosopher, even a mediocre one - and ask about your ideas about right and wrong. He/she will unquestionably tell you that you are utterly full of shit and ignorant. But I suspect you would rather revel in your smug ignorance. So never mind.

Challenge a Muslim and they will call you an imbecile.

Challenge a Buddhist and they will state you are not enlightened.

Challenge a Christian and they will state you are faithless or lost.

Challenge an atheist and they will call you ignorant and full of bullshit!

They all have their self identity tied to their respective religion's worldview and if you question that worldview, you are questioning them.

They therefore respond with emotion and insult. Kind of sad.

(I admit that I too am tied to my worldview just like anyone else, I just try not to respond with insult and emotion)

As to your "moral philosopher" point, perhaps you should investigate some as well. Perhaps one's bullshit is another's perfume?

----------

(emphasis highlights added by me)

Moral Philosophy

Moral philosophy is the branch of philosophy that contemplates what is right and wrong. It explores the nature of morality and examines how people should live their lives in relation to others.

Moral philosophy has three branches.

One branch, meta-ethics, investigates big picture questions such as, “What is morality?” “What is justice?” “Is there truth?” and “How can I justify my beliefs as better than conflicting beliefs held by others?”

Another branch of moral philosophy is normative ethics. It answers the question of what we ought to do. Normative ethics focuses on providing a framework for deciding what is right and wrong. Three common frameworks are deontology, utilitarianism, and virtue ethics.

The last branch is applied ethics. It addresses specific, practical issues of moral importance such as war and capital punishment. Applied ethics also tackles specific moral challenges that people face daily, such as whether they should lie to help a friend or co-worker. (Again, these are all right or wrong questions)

So, whether our moral focus is big picture questions, a practical framework, or applied to specific dilemmas, moral philosophy can provide the tools we need to examine and live an ethical life.

--------

Yes, it is all tied to right and wrong, whether you agree or not. "Right and Wrong", whether ethic or moral, is pretty much determined by the society one lives in. As in much of China, it is OK to kill female babies as coveted males are socially more important. That practice is repugnant to most western societies. Therefore, 86% adoptions from China are female.

Nature does not know right or wrong.... it is man's construct. It is part of religion and philosophy.... and it changes with the seasons and cultures.

Perhaps you could highlight a part of my former post that you consider "ignorant bullshit" and include your reasoning?

• Zephir, I can highlight a part of your current post that is ignorant bullshit, namely:

"Right and Wrong", whether ethic or moral, is pretty much determined by the society one lives in. As in much of China, it is OK to kill female babies as coveted males are socially more important. That practice is repugnant to most western societies. Therefore, 86% adoptions from China are female.

Nature does not know right or wrong.... it is man's construct. It is part of religion and philosophy.... and it changes with the seasons and cultures."

All of those statements are views of only certain people and are by no means absolute truths but rather are claims about the nature of morality that can be and are disputed by many people.

Despite quoting a bunch of stuff about moral philosophy, you end up describing one particular philosophical view (moral relativism in the absence of divine guidance) as the only possible view to hold. This is patently false. There are many arguments against moral relativism that do not require the presence of divine guidance. Secular morality is a diverse field with many different formulations for why there are absolutes for what is right and what is wrong. In addition, one does not need to be an atheist to believe that there are moral absolutes independent of any god. On the other hand, if one is an atheist, that does not mean that one must be a moral relativist.

What is ignorant bullshit is that you are taking one particular position on the nature of morality and claiming it is universal. That is utterly false. That is why I suggested that you consult a moral philosopher so that you can realize that your view of the world is not universal and your-view of people who don't hold your particular view is false.

• I just try not to respond with insult and emotion)

Peace bro..

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are those who mourn,

for they will be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek,

for they will inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

for they will be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful,

for they will be shown mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart,

for they will see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they will be called children of God.

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    "

• As in much of China, it is OK to kill female babies as coveted males are socially more important. That practice is repugnant to most western societies.

Most Chinese consider this repugnant as well. It is not morally sanctioned. It is not legal. People do it because they want sons, but they are not supposed to.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/27784533?seq=1

People in all countries do things that are condemned by society and against the law.

• Most Chinese consider this repugnant as well. It is not morally sanctioned. It is not legal. People do it because they want sons, but they are not supposed to.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/27784533?seq=1

People in all countries do things that are condemned by society and against the law.

Jed, the quote you attributed to me was from Bob#2. Not to be outdone, my comment to him above was inadvertently addressed to Zephir. Apparently none of us can keep track of who said what.

• Peace bro! A lot of simple good principals.

That is the game plan, but we have some crafty members who figured out a way around that. They know we move religious based posts to Clearance, so they have started putting them in Clearance. :)

When there is a will there is a way sir lol.

• All Hells Angels are joining in this but the British army with their machine guns is invited to join us too, Windsor chapter, the shout goes out. Diana's death was no accident, they put her down, the royal family is also enslaved by these spin doctors.Stand up and fight these wankers.

Doc, are you OK? Another side effect of HCQ?

• A good SKL presentation will be one

that goes a long way to prove that

the SKL is for real.
    1 legitimate third party testing.

2 Real Rossi team members.

3 A real partner.

4 That it is good enough to get some

Positive comments from the skeptics.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.