Clearance Items

• https://apnews.com/99916044401d8f8e24eb7bedfec1d5d2

Interesting slant on Woodward book: "Woodward caused 200K US deaths by not revealing what he knew from Trump". Woodward argues that he did not know it was true because Trump so often is unreliable on science. Which perhaps leads to a good excuse for Trump: if you just don't process science facts because you do not believe they have any real validity. This is a social science view that many (not hard scientists) find attractive. The idea that scientific findings are always embedded in a social matrix and therefore always variable according to assumptions and biases, and never reliable. Like most attractive false ideas it is true in part. And it leads to problems, like ignoring climate change or COVID.

It goes with an inability to process probability and risk correctly. Science whenever things are new gives probabilities, not certainties. As study continues those probabilities firm up and in the end become pretty certain, though never absolutely certain. Keeping people safe is about preparing for those 1 in 10 or 1 in 2 chances that may never happen.

Trump says he was misinforming US population on COVID risks through February and March "because he did not want them to panic". Which will surprise no-one.

Seems to me the argument for this, which I understand, is that stock markets and the economy do both depend on sentiment, and the economy (maybe less stock markets) matters for people's jobs and livelihoods. And panic leads to bad knee jerk reactions. I note that in the US stock markets absolutely matter for people's pensions and any leader's election prospects.

But:

• US is not China - where the state thinks it knows best. You need to tell people the truth, and then behave with calm leadership so they do not panic. COVID is 5X worse than flu (maybe worse because of long-term cytokine storm side effects on those who survive - e.g. the bradykinin hypothesis and blood vessels throughout the body leaking during the COVID storm), therefore it is false to imply it is comparable. Trump at least knew the 5X bit. Rationally you can argue that at very low rates of infection it is less bad in overall effect. But, if you know it is a "tricky" air-bourne respiratory disease you also know that without strong action low rates will not stay low rates, and its potential effect is much worse than flu.
    • Even if you should play down the possible (maybe will never happen) consequences you know yourself that they may happen. Surely therefore you do all you can to put in plans to keep people safe?

There are a lot of people here on the side of Trump's "fear of the pandemic is worse than the pandemic" view. Would you therefore not do major planning? Or would you argue that Trump did this planning, as much as he could?

These decisions are not easy. The UK, with a similar right wing populist leadership, was very slow at the start in planning (and has been slow throughout in planning) but that seems more due to incompetence, laziness, and bad judgement than a deliberate policy.

THH

Edited once, last by Shane D.: All politics. Needs to be tethered, however little, to the science. ().

• Interesting slant on Woodward book: "Woodward caused 200K US deaths by not revealing what he knew from Trump".

This makes zero sense. Everyone knew that Trump was withholding the facts, and that the pandemic was serious even though he said it was not. The only thing Woodward held back was the fact that Trump admitted that in private. That is interesting. The voters should know it. Trump's inaction and the inaction of various other state and Federal officials killed people. Trump's lying was a contributing factor. But Woodward played no role.

• Official Post

nice find teppo, how did you came across this?

The documentation is vague enough, the only part I could recognize as potentially LENR related is the use of an electric arc to make syngas from water and bio ethanol, but this then would be based in Santilli’s technology as far as I can understand.

• Official Post

It reeks as a scam, anyway. They claim to have 50 unfinished “boilers” and that the Coronavirus has not let them finish these units, and they ask for 5000 Euro loans from the customers to be paid back in two years.

But that is not even the worst part, the “Patents” section is a word salad that would probably impress someone very dumb, but made me laugh hard about how dumb they think people can be. I think these guys need to be closely watched because it’s a scam trying to fly under the name of LENR and we can’t let them get away with it.

• "It reeks as a scam, anyway. They claim to have 50 unfinished “boilers” and that the Coronavirus has not let them finish these units, and they ask for 5000 Euro loans from the customers to be paid back in two years.

But that is not even the worst part, the “Patents” section is a word salad that would probably impress someone very dumb, but made me laugh hard about how dumb they think people can be. I think these guys need to be closely watched because it’s a scam trying to fly under the name of LENR and we can’t let them get away with it."

Yes, seems like a scam to me too. That's why I moved it to the Clearance items from the News section.

I guess there will be a lot of these when the LENR ball really starts rolling.

• Official Post

There was a lot of discussion on this Italian forum https://www.energeticambiente.…aldaia-ad-idrogeno-2.html starting from couple years ago.

Thanks to google translator I managed to understand more or less the meaning of the discussion.

Not really sure if this post was talking about the same guys but it looks like that these gentlemen are very unwilling to receive criticism of their invention.

The forum admin received some warnings from their lawyers so it was forced to delete some topics and hide any reference to this product.

My 2 cents

Thanks for that miles , I have found some press reports, the guys have high claims and a sleek looking refrigerator sized box, but on the technical explanation side, they sound completely hollow, and also self contradicting between years. I will enquiry some more from them directly, but I think we are in presence of an ongoing scam.

• I worked with Russ George extensively before. I can give you my opinion, based on my prior experience working with Russ George

However, this article pretty much sums up all you need to know about the man. In my opinion, this article is spot on.

Don't believe anything you hear from Russ George unless it's fact checked externally. He has a bit of an issue with personal and professional integrity....

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/s…nkton-Carbon-Credit.shtml

• I worked with Russ George extensively before.

For the record, I worked with him as well. We had some strong disagreements. However, as I have stated here on more than one occasion, I think he has done some good work and made important contributions. I think so, but he never publishes, so I can't be sure.

I can vouch for some of the claims made by Krivit, especially regarding Clustron. I am one of the "non-scientists" listed there. The other claims I do not know about. I did not investigate them. It would not shock me if they were true, but I don't want to say: "yeah, that's Russ alright." Brian Holmes probably knows more than I do! If he says it is "spot on" . . . ouch.

I am a little wary of that document because I have some doubts about Krivit's judgement. Not so much about his muckraking. Mainly about technical issues. Such as what he said about helium in the SRI experiments, and his confusion about tokamak input and output power. He thinks the tokamak people are being deceptive. I have never had any trouble understanding what the tokamak claims mean. They are not talking about practical electric power production.

• jed, JFK tax initiative, passed in 1964 called the revenue act directly disagree on raising taxes.

That was a different situation. We are now spending massive amounts, the way we did in WWII. For that, I think we need to collect extra taxes for a few years to avoid inflation.

Just charge rich people more. We rich people can easily afford to more taxes.

• That was a different situation. We are now spending massive amounts, the way we did in WWII. For that, I think we need to collect extra taxes for a few years to avoid inflation.

Just charge rich people more. We rich people can easily afford to more taxes.

I worked hard all my life and saved I payed my taxes. Now you suggest I pay more to support a government that you claim has failed in every instance of the pandemic.. I worked and save to give MY family a better life not subsidize a corrupt congress

• I worked hard all my life and saved I payed my taxes.

Me too! Just about everyone did.

Now you suggest I pay more to support a government that you claim has failed in every instance of the pandemic..

No, I suggest you vote this government out of office, and pay taxes to support another administration. But, in any case, you would not be supporting the government so much as the people now on unemployment. They need help for another 6 months to a year, until a vaccine is deployed and things get back to normal.

If we don't pay extra taxes, there will be inflation and we will pay anyway, with devalued money.

I worked and save to give MY family a better life not subsidize a corrupt congress

So did everyone else. If you don't like the corrupt Congress, vote for another Congress. This is a democracy. We voters get the government we deserve. If the government does not work, that's our fault.

If no one in your family has died, and your family is not unemployed or hungry because of COVID-19, count yourself lucky. The only thing you have to do is pay some extra taxes. The families who have suffered from the disease and from unemployment have paid a much higher price than more taxes.

• By the way jed, the. United States is not a democracy it is a republic with only regional rep. I can't vote old nancy out. So no medical training, no economic training and not into history. I once thought you well rounded. Foolish of me

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.