Clearance Items

• few know in this area a warning to the street rods was posted in a low value news paper ,that if they are out and about for a joy ride the cars will be confiscated .

100s were arrested and the cars towed.

about the only vacation I do is a joy ride in the countryside

now i can do without..from another jackass law.

• The short version of my discussions today are that people choose cars for many reasons , there are markets for all kinds of cars,

That's true! That's one of the reasons there are so many different kinds of cars. Things like sports cars are mainly for fun, rather than practical use. There is nothing wrong with that. Some cars are status symbols, showing off the owner's wealth. This did not start with automobiles. In 1900, wealthy people in New York City would parade through Central Park with splendid carriages and teams of beautiful horses. Upscale, expensive stores were known as "the carriage trade." In Heian Japan the nobility used to preen around with their splendidly appointed ox carriages.

In the future, I expect there will be fewer varieties of cars, and people will not use cars for amusement or social signaling as much as they do now. People will not show off their automobiles the same reason they no longer show off four-in-hand horse carriages in Central Park. They don't have carriages anymore. Most people will not bother to own cars when automated taxies show up at your door within minutes, like Uber cars. Taxis nowadays are sometimes poorly maintained or dirty inside. That will not be the case with automated robotic cars. They will be cleaned by robots once or twice a day, and if anyone leaves a mess in one (or a package) the automobile internal vision sensors will know, and take steps to fix the problem.

I am sure people will find other ways to show off their wealth.

• @Jed, you may be right about the evolution of cars in society, but one can not be certain. We seem to be remarkably bad at predicting what the future will look like. In the 60s, it was really popular to speculate on what the year 2000 or such would look like. Places like the World’s Fair andTomorrowland in Disneyland, and even cartoons like the Jetsons depicted a world full of flying cars, gleaming steel cities with spired roofs and fanciful roller-coaster roads, and metallic clothing with giant pointed lapels. None of that happened. Our cities, our clothing, and even our cars largely look the same as they did 60 years ago, apart from relatively minor details. On the other hand, apart from perhaps Gene Roddenberry, nobody back then expected a world of ubiquitous hand-held devices performing a wide range of functions.

That being said, maybe lots of people will opt to drive one of these things... and not to show off their wealth.

https://jalopnik.com/aptera-an…r-charge-solar-1845810811

• We seem to be remarkably bad at predicting what the future will look like. In the 60s, it was really popular to speculate on what the year 2000 or such would look like.

Some of us are better than others. In a very narrow range of technology, I am pretty good at predicting the future. Arthur C. Clarke had an uncanny ability to predict the future. More than anyone I know of. There are sections of his book "Profiles of the Future" (1963) that were spot on. See:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJreviewofpr.pdf

He also wrote an essay in 1972 that described the internet remarkably well, before it came into existence. Some of the mechanical details are wrong but that hardly matters. He describes a computer terminal with "a keyboard to allow 'conversation' with the computers and information banks upon which our world will increasingly depend." He wrote:

Before we consider its practicability, let us see what we could do with such a device. Far more than business discussions and conferences would be possible; the housewife could go shopping by dialing the catalog of her favorite stores; scholars and students would have instant access to any book or periodical stored in the global electronic libraries; this minute's news, continually updated, would be displayed in printed headlines, and any selected item could be expanded as desired, according to taste. This, incidentally, raises the possibility of something quite new -- the "personalized" electronic news service, tailored to the interests of the individual subscriber!

Other people you might mistake for time travelers were "the two Bacons" as Clarke called them: Roger Bacon (b. 1220) and Francis Bacon (1561). Read Francis Bacon's "Novum Organum" and you will see the scientific method, technological progress, and many aspects of our way of living and working spelled out in detail, in ways that many modern people still do not understand. He was 500 years ahead of his time! He knew it, too. He had an acute sense of time. Loren Eiseley's biography of him was aptly titled "The Man Who Saw Through Time." Bacon was impatient to see the changes he predicted and urged upon society. He wrote to a friend, "I have lost much time with this age." I feel the same way about cold fusion, of course.

• Jed, you may be right about the evolution of cars in society, but one can not be certain.

Oh, I can be certain. I cannot put a date on it, but I am certain self-driving cars will take over completely sometime in future because they are so much safer. Automobiles kill 1.35 million people per year worldwide. They have killed more than all the wars of the twentieth century. People will not put up with that carnage indefinitely. We have to put up with it now because there is no alternative. But a technology which can reduce the deaths to practically zero will be adopted inevitably, just as electric lights, computers and other gigantic advances were.

The reduced cost of automobile insurance alone will compel the adoption of this technology. People are not going to go on paying $1,500 a year for insurance when they can pay $100 instead.

Places like the World’s Fair andTomorrowland in Disneyland, and even cartoons like the Jetsons depicted a world full of flying cars, gleaming steel cities with spired roofs and fanciful roller-coaster roads, and metallic clothing with giant pointed lapels. None of that happened. Our cities, our clothing, and even our cars largely look the same as they did 60 years ago, apart from relatively minor details.

Tommorowland and Disneyland were amateur predictions. Even I saw through the 1964 World's Fair future predictions. Anyone knows you cannot throw away the whole infrastructure overnight, or replace all buildings. Most of us do not want to replace our houses and buildings. Most of the houses I have lived in were built in the 19th century. (This house was made in 1958.) Most of the furniture, dishes, paintings and books in my house range from 80 to 150 years old. They are not valuable antiques or anything. I inherited them. I have no reason to throw away dishes or a hammer just because they are old. As long as they are functional, I use them.

Cars may look somewhat similar to what they did sixty years ago, but the internal details are completely different. The engine and transmission of a Prius could not be made by human hands. Only by robots. The computer controls are far more sophisticated, with more memory and speed than any computer in the world had in 1970. The GPS would be science fiction. The Tesla automobile with its radars and automatic controls would have been impossible to make in 1985. Although something like it was widely predicted.

I saw a Japanese drama the other day showing a hospital room in 1970. An elderly woman was resting in her bed with her family around. It struck me that there was not a single machine in the room. No heart monitor, or blood pressure or clip on oxygen monitors. No automated IV. Not even a telephone. Nowadays even an ordinary hospital bed is surrounded by beeping blooping computerized gadgets. When they wheel you in for surgery, the room is filled from floor to ceiling with monitors and computer gadgets, none of which existed in 1990.

On the other hand, apart from perhaps Gene Roddenberry, nobody back then expected a world of ubiquitous hand-held devices performing a wide range of functions.

Actually, many people predicted that. I was in the telephone business in 1979 when the first cell phone network was launched. We all knew what it would lead to, in broad details. Integrated circuits and Moore's law were well established by that time. Of course we did not know the specific details, but the trade mags and people in the business could see that telephones would evolve into wireless computer terminals. Which they are. Functionally, a cell phone is not much different from a computer terminal in 1965. Not all that exciting. Nothing about the operation of it or the capabilities would have surprised me in 1965. Nothing about it would have seemed mysterious or magical. The size and speed is amazing, but the basic functionality is what I was doing with ASR time sharing terminals as a kid back then. Seen one computer, seen 'em all. We were even talking about neural networks back then being the key to artificial intelligence. It wasn't until 2000 that they began to pan out, but it was no surprise to me when they did. They are multi-level networks now, instead of single-level, which is why they work so well. The one computer breakthrough that I would not have grasped at all in 1965 -- and which I admit I still do not understand -- is the quantum computer. I don't get it, but if I were to spend a few weeks playing around with the free, online access to one, I expect I would figure it out soon enough. Functionally, not at the theory level. Technology has never been a mystery to me. There's no machine I can't understand, or master.

• "There's no machine I can't understand, or master."

Gosh.

Let me revise that. They have not made any machine I can't understand. Not yet, anyway. Except quantum computers, as I said. (Okay, I guess I do not understand the miniature atomic clocks I saw at NIST, and of course no one understands cold fusion, yet.)

Is there some machine that seems like magic to you? If so, I suggest you read something like "The Way Things Work." It takes the mystery out of technology.

Of course I often do not know the details of a machine. But I have not seen a seen a machine that seemed inexplicable or magical. They are all simple in principle. Even the ones that detect gravity waves, and the newest gadgets used to define a kilogram with a Kibble balance.

Modern computer software has become so complex, no one can fully grasp what it is doing or why it goes haywire at times. The problem is not that we don't understand how software works. The problem is, there is too much software. It is too big. It is like trying to know what every person in New York City is up to at 5:02 pm today. Anyone can see what one person is doing, or what 5 people in an office are doing, or 18 people playing baseball. There is no single human activity that you cannot understand.

(There are other problems such as no source code or inadequate diagnostics, but in principle, there is no software that cannot be understood by people. Not yet.)

No doubt in the future there will be machines so sufficiently advanced they are indistinguishable from magic (Clarke's third law). But they ain't here yet. A supercomputer is no more mysterious than a mechanical alarm clock. Just a lot more intricate. Just a bunch of von Neumann machines executing op codes.

• (Guillain-Barré type encephalitis, for example, which give symptoms like the india peoples of Eluru).

GBR can be contained after a flu vaccination. About 1-3% of the vaccinated people are at risk especially if they carry Camphylobactor found in chickens/eggs. At worst (rare) the full syndrome leads to a paralysis of the entire spine dependent body regions. Most people express some kind of weakness - show missing power for months/years.

So GBR is an immune cross reaction with a known but widespread partner. An other example is Pandermix!

With RNA vaccines we simply have no experience. I would never vaccinate more people than already have been vaccinated. Usually we need to wait at least 2 full years!!

The vaccination mania could end in mass eradication for some groups of people with the wrong genes. On the other side the mafia can cash in 80'000'000'000 $ year plus 240'000'000'000 for external salary and support.

The Germans said: Never Auschwitz again. Now we are back in Mengele's time! Thanks to $ fascism.

• https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1…echnology&pgtype=Homepage

The same lies as in BBC + few more are published NyTimes. Sample 1/3 that recover from CoV-19 have problems:

Truth: 80% show no symptoms at all/ have absolute no problems. 10% have very mild symptoms with no long lasting problems. Only people going to intense care < 2% express long lasting problems. Most of these people are killed by the doctors that do not use ivermectin! Reason: Forcing people into the $$$$$$$ cash back vaccination program!

Be aware: The FM/R/J/B mafia controls all news papers. They will spread even more fear/lies the next days!

• Hi Alan, sorry for phoning so early but I have you on speed-dial now....erm can you fit a quick patent on ANTI-BAT TM just to cover our new expenses on cold fusion (LENR) THE reason beiong is that I am presently banned from all GOVT agencies including the DVLA!...... so mum's the secret. and I will transfer £150 pounds sterling to your bank account forthwith. If you might be suffering headaches from the new microwave %G network simply wrap your head in tin foil to block the ambient mobile phone and internet radiation which might well be controlling your thought processes. Think Ian M BAnks!!!!! Or listen to STARDRIVER that's me!" All the bestt and Chin Chin........

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.