Clearance Items

• Most assuredly so. This is something that has actually been discussed here in the past. If you are smarting because something seems unfair, I suggest you set aside your frustration. You are a guest here, plain and simple.

I will keep it in mind for future reference that the moderation on this forum openly adheres to the "some farm animals are more equal than others" outlook when recommending places to discuss LENR.

• You are free to visit any venue you like, and each venue will have its own rules and ways of doing things. There is Vortex, for instance, where there are few rules. And of course you are free to express your opinion about this place as you like. You will not be the first to take a critical view of how things are done here.

• You are free to visit any venue you like, and each venue will have its own rules and ways of doing things. There is Vortex, for instance, where there are few rules. And of course you are free to express your opinion about this place as you like. You will not be the first to take a critical view of how things are done here.

Rossi thinks it is owned by IH. Untrue

Abd thinks it is clearly biassed towards Rossi, with various moderators strong R supporters.

So, Kev, you are in good company...

• Rossi thinks it is owned by IH. Untrue

Abd thinks it is clearly biassed towards Rossi, with various moderators strong R supporters.

So, Kev, you are in good company...

I'm neither pro-Rossi nor anti-Rossi. I am pro-LENR. For a couple months back in 2011, I was pro-Rossi but his blatant mistruths made me stop posting "Rossi says" articles and stick to his own way of seeing if he was adding value: "in mercato veritas". So far there has been zero in mercato so there is zero veritas.

I run a discussion site with ~100k followers so I know that it's difficult to moderate. However, to blatantly embrace unfair principles is counter to the published goal of generating open discussion on LENR. What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

• We are not optimizing for some abstract notion of fairness. We're optimizing for depth of discussion, which requires well-considered arguments, input from people with relevant experience and knowledge and input from people with inside information. Some of those people are real characters, and there's only so much you can do to get them to be polite. People who do not bring well-considered arguments, relevant experience and knowledge, or inside information have a harder time slipping in blatant insults into their posts. Posts that are little more than an insult, use crass language and do not address a substantive point will have an even harder time. That's just the nature of the situation.

None of this to say that things are being handled in an unfair manner. That assessment depends critically on what one is trying to accomplish, which we have a good sense of, but which might not be readily apparent to someone who is new to the forum and is still coming up to speed on how and why things are being handled the way they are.

• I am speechless.

Im not F that.

And on another topic 60% of Americans do not believe in gallup polls. I would segue here and discuss God and belief systems and what is faith, but it would devolve like prokaryotes and the use of electron transport. Is it life? Does God have a hand in that? What is Rigel saying? If you look deeply at anything you can see it more clearly. Generalizing on a multiple choice poll is not accurate, it is deeper than that and more complex.

• Not one Goddam response. So I will address it directly the user Ken above is not some astrofurter --- and wants his voice to be known. Not a bad guy just not what I want in a LENR area he is a newb trying to defend a position. I do not even know what to say but if you bounce him then bounce me.

So I will reach out. Do you get that we are trying to make this a better place? SEGUE -> Did you see the maths on Neil Turok about Hawlings math issues?

We spend our collective time talking about Rossi and his bullshaite. Do any of you remember some of the folks that just have given up? Do you FFS? they are different from the banned ones. Some of us want LENR to work and spend some time thinking about it.

I take no one for granted here. So many good people looking at physics. And CMNS if you are not looking and I say again CMNS then ;)and if you do not know why ask me.....//// Rigel is ranting again....

• Rigel

And I value Ken and yourself, and all the different opinions (well almost all ;) ).

I came here to find out more but the reason was IH and Rossi.

There is a big noise, what is going on?

Rossi makes a big noise.

He attracts many to the LENR forums.

Unfortunately Rossi is also toxic.

Anyone that gets involved with him end up in a dispute of some kind.

Commentators end up in factions.

However thanks to all here I have learned and changed my mind about Rossi.

Hopefully most are willing to listen and be prepared to change their minds as we learn more.

As far as LENR is concerned that is a small background noise that has been going on for decades.

This noise is ignored by the mainstream of science.

Maybe they are right and there is nothing, or nothing significant.

MFMP and others are trying their best but if another year or two goes by then I suspect many on the LENR boards will drift off to other things.

As far as this forum is concerned I am happy with the moderation, but you cannot please everyone.

It is not necessarily fair, it may sometimes seem biased.

It is a complicated thing to allow as much freedom of speech as possible but without the discussion degenerating into trolling or personal attacks.

There are many smart people here and valuable input from people who are knowledgeable technically, scientifically or legally or have privileged insights.

I am grateful to these people for the time they spend on this.

I guess we are all free to go and start our own discussion site with our own rules if we wish.

• Regarding: "As far as LENR is concerned that is a small background noise that has been going on for decades.

This noise is ignored by the mainstream of science.

Maybe they are right and there is nothing, or nothing significant.

MFMP and others are trying their best but if another year or two goes by then I suspect many on the LENR boards will drift off to other things."

There is something definitely there. There have been many experiments performed by many people that has shown that elements can be changed into other elements through the application of an electric arc discharge and other like processes. This effect is called transmutation. Transmutation is a sure and absolute indicator of nuclear activity in the LENR reaction and deserves an explanation from science..

• Axil please never change.

I spend more time researching things I have learned here than whether or not Rossi is a genius or a crook anymore. I am trying to get something out of my time.

• Zeno I think that you said kind words. After I recognized your name I did the research. A well thought out userid. You know I just care about what someone says.

For example TTH sent me down a rabbit hole with group theory so this lead to 'island of stability' then over to Erics world 'nuclear shell' then back to symmetry.

We just need to be patient after the trial maybe some of the folks that are here artificially will leave. Since they will have little reason to stay.

• I can see that Planet Rossi has geared up to try and influence things at trial time and predict that is not going to turn out so well for those folks. The regurgitated

hack play is particularly hilarious - I think that best filter may be something like - if Planet Rossi claims it, the opposite points to the truth.

No, no, no. The almighty prophet Lord Yugo has already pointed out clearly that he knows the TRUTH ... You should direct your morning prayers in that direction instead of here on this forum... Maybe the YUGO can help you with getting your sins forgiven by some unknown Yugo entity. Who knows. :))

Moved from the Rossi v. Darden thread. Eric

• Alan - you're perpetuating Rossi fabrications and you should stop. You should also stop drinking the RoSSC kool-aid and do your best to keep yourself and your position as moderator as far away from libelous activity as possible.

And why does he imply that he has the means to remove someone from a moderator position?
    Would this mean he has those to place someone in a moderator position as well?
    Oh this dirty tinfoil hattery!

• We already had this topic and so I am cautious as what to write here.

But it has to do with the fact that Dewey is close to "the players" and so he would have the ability to feed interesting information to this forum.

Given his recent posting history this ability is very hypothetical ;)

• Threat perception from Planet Rossi is part of their topsy-turvy kingdom and ongoing mis-information campaign. It is interesting how organized it all is. A friendly heads-up to stay clear of what is shaping up to be a solution to an obvious problem remains just that. All claims from Planet Rossi require an opposite interpretation filter. May their mistakes continue!

XOXO

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.