Clearance Items

• @slashdevslashnull , we have concrete reason to think you're a sock puppet account. We're having a discussion about how to handle sock puppet accounts and the people who create them.

Thank you Eric.

While you are having your discussions I would consider that it can not be done other than a simple few things.

If someone is using VPNs you are not going to fix it.

Some people here .......not saying which one of our locked out users has the ability to script things

I will never respect someone here who breaks a ban with another userid.

This is a place for discussing LENR not a battle ground. And FFS respect it.

/anyone want pizza?

• Rossi has a way of "disappearing" things, especially on his blog.

I missed the times when you called Rossi a wizard or an illusionist expert ...... your admiration for him is really limitless, considering that you spent the last years of your life studying every movement of his and commenting on it wherever you were allowed to do it. Not even my dog is so faithful ......

Moved from the playground thread. Eric

• Rigel I was thinking more of the approach to be taken when it's discovered that someone is wiggling out of something they don't like by creating a new account. There's only so much we can do to detect the situation in the first place. A site like this operates mostly on the honor system.

• Wyttenbach

I have no idea what any of that even means. That is not my alias. My take on what Rossi said comes from his idiotic blog he misnamed pompously and inaccurately as the Journal of Nuclear Physics.

SSC

I missed the times when you called Rossi a wizard or an illusionist expert ...... your admiration for him is really limitless, considering that you spent the last years of your life studying every movement of his and commenting on it wherever you were allowed to do it. Not even my dog is so faithful ......

That statement speaks for your intellect, doesn't it? The first sentence doesn't even make sense, not that the rest does either. Like I've often said, with friends like you, Rossi needs no enemas enemies.

I realize this is a private forum but your editorial habits are getting tiresome. WTF is wrong with those remarks considering what tele wrote to me? And why not move his post as well?

• I realize this is a private forum but your editorial habits are getting tiresome. WTF is wrong with those remarks considering what tele wrote to me? And why not move his post as well?

After taking a look at the posts you were responding to, I will move SSC's here as well.

We strive for an elevated level of discussion, one that is polite and focused on substantive points without personalizing the conversation. Comments that focus almost exclusively on the alleged shortcoming of people participating will often be moved here. Dealing with this stuff is a thankless task, because the flow of contentless insults is never-ending, and sometimes one misses something or just doesn't have the energy to deal with it.

• Official Post

I have discussed this with the man himself - he was far from happy about being told it was his patriotic duty to help the Israelis

I assume "the man" you are talking of is Levi? If so, I won't press you any further...after all, you can not claim LENR insider status without a book of secrets. No doubt at the ICCF's, you guys compare who has the bigger one? :)

Levi is Jewish for those who do not know, but if he felt they (Israelis) were appealing to "his patriotic duty to help the Israelis", it was in his head IMO. It sure did not appear that way in the documents.

• The question of what the Israelis said to Levi is obviously distinct from the question of whether Darden sent the Israelis to Levi in order to intimidate him, as Levi imagines, or whether of their own initiative they approached Darden as someone connected to Levi rather than making a cold call directly to him. In one scenario Darden is seeking to put pressure on Levi; in the other, he's simply a middleman passing along information in response to an unsolicited request. Which scenario was it? We only know what both sides claim.

• Levi is Jewish for those who do not know, but if he felt they (Israelis) were appealing to "his patriotic duty to help the Israelis", it was in his head IMO. It sure did not appear that way in the documents.

It was pretty weird that they tapped him up through his Rabbi though. Pretty sure they could have just got his email/phone number.

• I think this video here

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    is quite interesting when talking about Thomas Darden.

When watching it I dont get the impression of Darden being a greaseball. But of course its himself who is presenting his own life.

From what I can see in this video he is a very determined man with clear principles. And these principles don't seem to involve trickery or two-facedness.

I think people trying to get more light into the whole IH Rossi conflict shouldn't listen too much to what the parties say but pay attention to what they do...

• Trolling has a long history on the Internet. The least effective trolls are the impolite ones, because they're really just flamers and get chucked right away. This urban dictionary definition gives a good summary. One description of the origins of the word claimed that it goes back to trolling for fish: someone casts out a net of subtly provocative statements and watches whether anyone takes the bait and gets caught up in it.

By this usage, the most effective trolls are the polite ones. Making statements that are intentionally tendentious is a kind of trolling. I feel pretty strongly that this place is better if we focus on details being discussed rather than on forum members, so I try to go out of my way not to call this stuff out when I see it. But in this particular case I didn't want there to be a misunderstanding if I failed to reply to future posts.

• @slashdevslashnull , we have concrete reason to think you're a sock puppet account. We're having a discussion about how to handle sock puppet accounts and the people who create them.

Well, of course. As every other anonymous account (and some others that might look real as well probably... ). Or do you have an exact "sock puppet" definition to share with us? And Eric, you do actually seem a little too interested in setting THE RULES and moderating this forum to achieve ... whatever goals, for me to feel comfortable about it. There is certainly something smelly about your behaviour. The wording "polite troll" comes to mind for some reason ;)

• @slashdevslashnull : we think you're @sifferkoll. If true, then you have attempted to escape the temporary account suspension by creating a new account, after which you have taken baby steps towards resuming your previous obnoxious behavior. This is not something to be encouraged.

Shall I mention the other account that we have long suspected of being a sock puppet of yours?

• @slashdevslashnull : we think you're @sifferkoll. If true, then you have attempted to escape the temporary account suspension by creating a new account, after which you have taken baby steps towards resuming your previous obnoxious behavior. This is not something to be encouraged.

Shall I mention the other account that we have long suspected of being a sock puppet of yours?

That is a pretty serious accusation Eric. Please elaborate. And can you also please present proof of yourself not simply being a "polite troll" of the worst kind?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.