Clearance Items

• Absolute proof is hard to come by since we don't require people to establish their identity when signing up at the present time. But (1) you're logged in from the same ISP as @sifferkoll, (2) your mannerisms are indistinguishable from those of @sifferkoll, and (3) your account was created shortly after @sifferkoll was placed under suspension.

Just to give a heads-up to anyone else reading this thread so that it does not come as a surprise, the likelihood is very high that this account will be perma-banned.

• Absolute proof is hard to come by since we don't people to establish their identity when signing up. But (1) you're logged in from the same ISP as @sifferkoll, (2) your mannerisms are indistinguishable from those of @sifferkoll, and (3) your account was created shortly after @sifferkoll was placed under suspension.

Just to give a heads-up to anyone else reading this thread so that it does not come as a surprise, the likelihood is very high that this account will be perma-banned.

Well, I suppose that goes hand in hand with your censorship and moral conditioning policy, right? Come to think of it; your mannerism Eric is absolutely indistinguishable from that of a professional astroturfer (ie. "polite troll")

• @anotherTroll, the other probable sock puppet account of @sifferkoll, perma-banned. (The name of the account gives a hint that something isn't quite right.)

If this kind of stuff continues, we might have to look at some kind of identity verification step when an account is created.

• Making statements that are intentionally tendentious is a kind of trolling.

Well then i guess we have a whole lot of trolls here...

Maybe having an opinion is already a step in the wrong direction when it comes to polite trolling?

• @Thetruemonty : I don't know what can be done about polite trolling. There are people we've allowed to troll this place for years because they're polite. (Just my opinion; when people are polite, it's always hard to say for sure whether they're intentionally trolling.)

People who strive to arrive at a shared understanding of things, who seek after the truth, who do not set out with the purpose of attacking one another, who perhaps have relevant expertise — these are the people we'd like to attract here. They can usually be identified after a few days or weeks.

• Ethan Siegel states:

You are entitled to your wrong opinion. But it is wrong, as I've explained to you; you cannot demand that the logical structure you would impose on the Universe describes the Universe. The Universe is full of examples of things that "make no sense" actually, physically happening. Do please stop spamming my blog with the same screeds, or I'll have to ban your commenting privileges.

Kasim and Axil: you aren't far behind.

Ethan Siegel is becoming more intolerant of scientific opinion and interpretation that runs contrary to Siegel's take on the standard professional doctrinaire of science. Based on Seigel's feedback, I am on the verge of being banned from Siegel's site. I take pride that based on the quality of my opinion, I am not the worst offender. Even though I am not yet beyond Seigel's pale, I have been warned. My upcoming banning is not the first that I have suffered based on my opinions that are informed by my interest in LENR. I have come to an opinion that sites that do ban contributors are doing so as a way to impose ideological constraints on the membership to follow the unspoken agenda that the site is advancing. Nevertheless, whether such a political condition is good or bad, such inconvenience is the price that we all must pay for sticking to our opinions in the internet world that we now find ourselves.

• The prototypical Rossi acolyte has little or no scientific acumen and somehow got sucked into this saga years ago. This was their big chance to be smarter than people who actually know something and put themselves ahead of the rest of the crowd with their perceptiveness.

The "smarter people" like MIT and CalTech failed to replicate Pons & Fleischmann yet even Jed writes that it has been replicated a number of times since. Why have we not heard any apologies?

You fail to understand consensus science isn't science and insult people who have more experience than you. You hide behind anonymity and as far as I know have never done anything except bitch about those who have tried. You have never added anything actually useful to this thread.

Moved from the Rossi v. Darden aftermath thread after being flagged for moderation, a suggestion I sympathize with. Eric

• Food fights are not something we like here. Sometimes it's hard to keep them from happening, but things have settled down a little right now. Let's try to salvage what little decorum we have for the moment. Well-constructed arguments about things that are going on outside this forum. Not attacks on members of this forum related solely to their participation here.

(Food fights between Jed and Mary usually bring in well-constructed arguments about things outside this forum, so although they're regrettable, it's hard to do anything about them.)

• It is fascinating how many people claim to have confidential positive information pertaining to Rossi. It has been like that for years. Of course, somehow the stuff they allude to cryptically never surfaces.

On the other hand, my top-secret sources tell me that Rossi is a pathological liar and pretty much nothing he ever says stands up to any scrutiny. But I'm not allowed to say any more.

Zeus46 wrote: Slide 27, for the non-retarded.

Does the image I reproduced say slide 27 or not? You really think I am going to read 30 pages of Celani crap, after it is mangled by the web site to boot? I'd rather watch grass grow. And just for the record, even if he did use 4 wires, that is not enough. Why not ten or twenty or a hundred or enough to make his reaction self heating and self sustaining?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.