Replication of LENR experiments

• My point still stands Jed. Despite your claim of thousands of successful tests we are yet to see one working reactor.

Can you please provide me a link to McKubre's paper. I will read it and then we'll discuss.

• My point still stands Jed. Despite your claim of thousands of successful tests we are yet to see one working reactor.

The old "What have you done for me lately" excuse.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It is not an excuse. It is a fact. You give me details of a working reactor and I'll concede. Until then it's all smoke and mirrors.

The Pons Fleischmann Anomalous Heating Effect has been replicated >14,700 times, > 150 peer reviewed replications, >180 labs. Your level of skepticism is essentially an excuse.

How many times has the Pons-Fleischmann Anomalous Heating Event been replicated in peer reviewed journals?

• Official Post

The Real Roger Barker . Roger, you are being tiresome and ridiculous. Pd/D LENR is a lab experiment that while it works will never (IMHO) provide a means of powering the world. There simply won't be enough Palladium. However, it is a 'gateway drug' which if taken seriously can provide insights and theoretical support for more accessible forms of LENR such as Ni/H, Pb/H (yes, really) and so on which could be the answer we seek. A bench-top system or a military gimmick is all Pd/D really offers the world as a whole.

On another note, I think you should seriously contemplate what value your posts bring to this forum, and try to raise your game. On current form you would not be a huge loss.

• Official Post

People should remember what were the popular semiconductors for research and first applications.

I remember of selenium, galena (Pb oxide), then Germanium was very popular even if very rare material.

then come the age of silicon, and today Ge is coming back, beside composite SC like AsGa...

the key to silicon age was the understanding of the physics, made in Ge initially.

It is also the core of the tragedy of LENR, as transistor was a victory of theory over experiment (or percieved so), and since the 50s physics is thinking theory-first.

• It is also the core of the tragedy of LENR, as transistor was a victory of theory over experiment (or percieved so), and since the 50s physics is thinking theory-first.

Uh, nope. Per Wikipedia, these semiconductor effects were discovered in the 1800s.

Thomas Johann Seebeck was the first to notice an effect due to semiconductors, in 1821.[13] In 1833, Michael Faradayreported that the resistance of specimens of silver sulfide decreases when they are heated. This is contrary to the behavior of metallic substances such as copper. In 1839, A. E. Becquerel reported observation of a voltage between a solid and a liquid electrolyte when struck by light, the photovoltaic effect. In 1873 Willoughby Smith observed that selenium resistors exhibit decreasing resistance when light falls on them. In 1874 Karl Ferdinand Braun observed conduction and rectification in metallic sulphides, although this effect had been discovered much earlier by M.A. Rosenschold writing for the Annalen der Physik und Chemie in 1835,[14] and Arthur Schuster found that a copper oxide layer on wires has rectification properties that ceases when the wires are cleaned. Adams and Day observed the photovoltaic effect in selenium in 1876.[15]

A unified explanation of these phenomena required a theory of solid-state physics which developed greatly in the first half of the 20th Century.

• The Real Roger Barker . Roger, you are being tiresome and ridiculous. Pd/D LENR is a lab experiment that while it works will never (IMHO) provide a means of powering the world. There simply won't be enough Palladium. However, it is a 'gateway drug' which if taken seriously can provide insights and theoretical support for more accessible forms of LENR such as Ni/H, Pb/H (yes, really) and so on which could be the answer we seek. A bench-top system or a military gimmick is all Pd/D really offers the world as a whole.

On another note, I think you should seriously contemplate what value your posts bring to this forum, and try to raise your game. On current form you would not be a huge loss.

There you go. A threat to ban me just because I questioned the validity of LENR! Is that how things are run here? My questions are valid!

JedRothwell claims there have been thousands of replications of Palladium based LENR. I never said anything about powering the world with Pd/D LENR. I asked about why there were no working reactors. Even if it was to cost $100k to build a single working reactor, which barely lit a 5w bulb, and then run that for a period where it ruled out any known methods of energy production, you would have yourselves a winner. The cost to build it, the availability of Pd etc, would be irrelevant. The field of LENR would become mainstream science and we would no longer need a forum like this to denigrate each other.

I have asked Jed for a link to the McKubre papers he quotes regularly but as of yet he has not provided. I want to review this document and then we'll discuss. Savvy?

• Well I don't know who "Roger Barker" is if that is what you are asking. I suspect a pseudonym and also I don't give a sh*t who this thing is. If you are asking why the impersonations are from the individual ayhole who sometimes signs himself as "Roger Barker", then it's because I recognize the impersonator by the style which is similar to the style he or she (or it) used on ECN. And by the fact that there are posts in his style immediately above or below. That's not proof of course, but this is no court of law. Very few people have as little taste and decorum in forums. And yes, LOL, I suppose intuition. It's sort of obvious actually given this pitiful, stalking troll's history. Why they chose me, I have no idea. There used to be some nut case on e-catworld.com and ECN who signed as rats123, IIRC and who did somewhat similar things. And others stalked me in other weird ways, for example Jim Bowery during the Defkalion video demo threatened me with a beating by thugs over the talk channel. Very distinguished.

Rossi must draw stalkers sort of like sh*t draws maggots.

Alan Smith

Have a look at this abuse I'm getting from @Mary Yugo here. Are you going to reprimand hir for this tirade? For someone who claims I don't give a sh*t' heshe sure is spiteful.

As I said I am here to have some fun but also ask the hard questions. I have already questioned the calorimetry methods being used by the experimenters. Calorimetry has always proven to be a challenge when detecting low levels of heat.

• Even if it was to cost $100k to build a single working reactor, which barely lit a 5w bulb, and then run that for a period where it ruled out any known methods of energy production, you would have yourselves a winner.

That has been done thousands of times, and published in peer-reviewed journals. Nearly all cold fusion cell exceed the known limits of chemical energy production, because:

1. There is no chemical fuel in a cold fusion cell, so the limits are low.

2. No chemical changes are detected.

3. Many cells produce thousands or tens of thousands more energy than they would if the entire cell were made of coal. In some cases they produce more energy than you would get if you burned all of the books and furniture in the lab.

These experiments prove beyond doubt that cold fusion is not a chemical source of energy. However, they are not "winners." They are ignored. Most scientists do not realize they were performed and published.

• Official Post

Uh, nope. Per Wikipedia, these semiconductor effects were discovered in the 1800s.

Thomas Johann Seebeck was the first to notice an effect due to semiconductors, in 1821.[13] In 1833, Michael Faradayreported that the resistance of specimens of silver sulfide decreases when they are heated. This is contrary to the behavior of metallic substances such as copper. In 1839, A. E. Becquerel reported observation of a voltage between a solid and a liquid electrolyte when struck by light, the photovoltaic effect. In 1873 Willoughby Smith observed that selenium resistors exhibit decreasing resistance when light falls on them. In 1874 Karl Ferdinand Braun observed conduction and rectification in metallic sulphides, although this effect had been discovered much earlier by M.A. Rosenschold writing for the Annalen der Physik und Chemie in 1835,[14] and Arthur Schuster found that a copper oxide layer on wires has rectification properties that ceases when the wires are cleaned. Adams and Day observed the photovoltaic effect in selenium in 1876.[15]

A unified explanation of these phenomena required a theory of solid-state physics which developed greatly in the first half of the 20th Century.

nice history matching about what I know,

you correctly remind that all was structured by a theory around the 1940/50s.

in the 20s Germanium behavior was so amazing some reports ended in drawers.

A transistor was patented in the 20-30s but most says it did not work. It was replicated recently, but many doubts it did work as stated.

note that in wikipedia the doubts about Germanium random behavior (because of uncontrolled metallurgy) are not stated... history of science that ramble is often forgotten.

Exactly what I said. thanks for your support.

• There you go. A threat to ban me just because I questioned the validity of LENR! Is that how things are run here? My questions are valid!

JedRothwell claims there have been thousands of replications of Palladium based LENR. I never said anything about powering the world with Pd/D LENR. I asked about why there were no working reactors. Even if it was to cost $100k to build a single working reactor, which barely lit a 5w bulb, and then run that for a period where it ruled out any known methods of energy production, you would have yourselves a winner. The cost to build it, the availability of Pd etc, would be irrelevant. The field of LENR would become mainstream science and we would no longer need a forum like this to denigrate each other.

I have asked Jed for a link to the McKubre papers he quotes regularly but as of yet he has not provided. I want to review this document and then we'll discuss. Savvy?

Listen to this Jed has time and time again linked to his index on the library. Look at it if you have a chance-- before posting. I am probably the only advocate here for keeping Marys voice here in LF (to say the least) and everyone many others are not in agreement with me.

I will say this from my direct experience currently that there are researchers working on Pd based LENR.

There is or is not something there. But what ever it is has been there for quite a long time. Rossi was a distraction and continues to be.\

He continues to be just a distraction. Nothing more.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.