Clearance Items

• OMG, you mean YOU are the REAL Jed Rothwell? Do people sign up on the internet to impersonate you? I suppose that would make you a double celebrity...

• OMG, you mean YOU are the REAL Jed Rothwell? Do people sign up on the internet to impersonate you?

Not as far as I know. I haven't heard about it, but the Internet is large.

Here's the thing, though. Having real world connections can reduce this problem, or prevent it. For example, as I mentioned, my telephone number e-mail address and street address are at my web site. So, anyone can call me and say hello and did you write this or that.

I wouldn't actually care if someone impersonated me. But if you saw someone do that, you did care, and you wanted to confirm it was not me, you could just call and ask.

When the person you want to check is cooperative, there is probably some clever way to verify an identity by e-mailing to the person's known e-mail address. That is how web site password changes are made these days.

Google should think about offering identification verification for people who want it.

• You write something with a reference and then you criticize the person for "seeming to know" your reference? Did you write it or not? If you were trying to be oblique, what does that say about You, dude?

is there any point to what You want to tell us, at all ?

• It is pure unadulterated PR. I don't think PR is the same as nonsense - the post makes perfect sense. Personally I don't much like it, because I reckon Rossi's ability to advertise his claims far in excess of his ability to make them work.

• Hmmm, ECW is a highly censured website. I do not post there as they don't like LENR being questioned. The best website for LENR discussion was ECN. A pity it was shutdown. Many posters from LENR forum posted there. In fact ECN accumulated tens of thousands of quality posts. I'd sneak in an ode or two but most of the time I just enjoyed watching the regulars go at it. Very interesting to watch ...

• ThIS POST AND THE 2 AFTER IT MOVED FROM THE 'Pointless Discussion on ECW' thread which is now empty and closed. A number of other posts from that thread (equally trivial) seem to have vanished into cyberspace. Apologies -it was the software what done it. Alan.

Hmmm, ECW is a highly censured website. I do not post there as they don't like LENR being questioned. The best website for LENR discussion was ECN. A pity it was shutdown. Many posters from LENR forum posted there. In fact ECN accumulated tens of thousands of quality posts. I'd sneak in an ode or two but most of the time I just enjoyed watching the regulars go at it. Very interesting to watch ...

... that's true. The st..d mot.....r Acland banned me, because I was critical. But not personal. At least not to him, maybe to axil because of his connectionless brindges which he also continues to build in here, but that's not wrong in my opinion.

• ... that's true. The st..d mot.....r Acland banned me, because I was critical. But not personal. At least not to him, maybe to axil because of his connectionless brindges which he also continues to build in here, but that's not wrong in my opinion.

You think Frank Ackland is a Stud Motor? Weird.

Did you post at ECN? That was the place to be! We had so much fun there. There were many high caliber posters there e.g. Popeye, Jami, NTAK, and of course our very own Mary Yugo. The conversation threads were very enthralling and you could just picture it in your mind the way they were all sitting around discussing LENR in detail. You know, really discussing it, with passion.

It's not the same since ECN shutdown. I was very upset as I am sure many others were. I wasn't really a regular at ECN though. I was more an observer, not a participant. I preferred more 1 on 1 sessions ...

• I am not sure ECN warrants wistful nostalgia. It, of course, began as a Rossi fan site and skeptical opinions were regularly banned by the proprietor. Eventually, he lost the faith and became completely hands-off. It became the only completely unmoderated site on the topic and, unsuprisingly, was pretty chaotic and often degenerated into lengthy abuse sessions. As Roger observed, if nothing else it certainly was entertaining at times. Over time, the population skewed heavily towards skeptics and the remaining believers were primarily the angriest hardcore Rossiphiles who apparently enjoyed the give-and-take and the experience of spending time in the lions' den. I suppose for them it was pretty much the equivalent experience to being a skeptic here.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.