Clearance Items

• Mmmm... I am opposed to forum bans but there are occasional exceptions. Constant off topic posts taking up lots of space and attention from moderators are possibly one such exception. I am not defending anyone banning Zeph but this is some of what was said:

You'll never win against an AI like Zephir. His algorithms can churn out nonsense faster than you can debunk it. He's one of the most prolific crackpot AIs on the internet.

I know you want to counter him for the sake of education but he vomits bullshit faster than you can type. It's like trying to chisel a mountain with a spoon. That's why I think /u/aimtron and /u/Eric1600 should at least consider banning him. I know they don't like they idea and want to foster an area for open discussion but Zephir abuses the privilege, more than any entity I've ever seen. There's a reason he's been banned many times over the past decade on /r/physics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EmDri…tified/dpp1liw/?context=3

Apparently, from other posts, Zeph promotes breatharian nonsense, parapsychology (whatever exactly the hell THAT is) and similar off topic discussions. Again, I am opposed to bans. But there are limits. It's not possible without a lot more reading to determine if this ban was justified but the remarks, one can see just on a casual browse, do highlight some of Zeph's weirder sides. Not surprising considering how abrasive he is at times over here.

Nope, I don't capiche. The burden of proof should be on accuser, not his victim, after then. Not to say, the accusations of fraud always make permanent damage, even if they turn out to be completely unsubstantial. So that the accuser should keep his responsibility for such damage and to pay, once he cannot prove his point.

There was an element of the requirement to prove the accusation in, IIRC, English and maybe UK law and also Irish law. However, last I read (it was with respect to the Steorn forum several years ago), the UK, Ireland etc. laws were trending towards modification to the US version. That states that to prove slander or libel, one has to prove that the allegedly defaming statements are malicious, incorrect, not simply an opinion, and indeed caused damage to the person suing. And burden of proof is much larger if the person supposedly being slandered/libeled is a public figure. All of this complicates the law suit and can make it expensive for the person alleging the defamation. The idea is to preserve freedom of speech while not allowing bald faced false accusations such as "John Smith is a child molester" when there is no evidence that Smith in fact is.

Steorn's Sean McCarthy kept threatening to sue his critics on the forum who called him a fraud. He also encouraged two old crones who monitored the forum to censor such claims as much as possible. But he never sued anyone and the forum actually became more free for critics with time probably because interest in it was falling off fast after the so-called demo at Waterways. Eventually, like all traditional free energy scammers, Steorn/Sean closed and deleted the forum. I expect that to happen with e-catworld.com eventually. It already did with ecatnews.com.

I would love to see Rossi try to prove that he was not convicted of fraud, environmental disasters, tax evasion and money laundering and did not serve prison time in Italy. I would love to see him produce a 10X more efficient than standard heat to electricity converter like the one he supposedly had tested by the Univ of New Hampshire in support of the multi-million dollar proposal which was accepted by the DOD via the CERL. Of course, if he did that, I would apologize profusely and retract all my harsh statements about him. In fact, all he'd have to do for that to happen is to prove or market a working ecat version. But he can't and won't so he has no basis for a suit if one calls him a liar, a crook, a convicted criminal, a con man and one who defrauded the CERL/DOD out of millions of dollars.

• Heh, they were actually witches. A derogatory term for sure but I might have said something similar of them if they were male and in fact, I think one was not old. I just hate stupid people in charge of gateways.

• Heh, they were actually witches. A derogatory term for sure but I might have said something similar of them if they were male and in fact, I think one was not old. I just hate stupid people in charge of gateways.

You really do have a lot of hate inside you Mary, don't you. So much energy coming from the dark side ...

Zeph promotes breatharian nonsense, parapsychology (whatever exactly the hell THAT is) and similar off topic discussions.

I don't promote these things neither, parapsychology is how the other people are calling it - not me. But what I can see is lack of effort for reexamining these few known cases. This attitude has mainstream science common with cold fusion ignorance. We can read peer-reviewed reports about every dumb sh*t thinkable - so why not about this? Ironically the physicists can get billions for research of things like the scalar field, quintessence, scalar and pseudoscalar or phantom, mirror, asymmetric or shadow matter, dark fluid, pseudoHiggs and heavy Higgs, axions, inflatons, dilatons, gravitinos, majorons, dark photons, tachyons, WIMPs, SIMPs, heavy photons, fat strings, anapoles, unparticles, vector and heavy spin bosons, sterile or right-handed neutrinos, fotino, chargino, gluinos, chameleon particles, technibaryons, dark baryons, fotinos, gravitinos, s-quarks and s-leptons, WIMPs, SIMPs, MACHOs, RAMBOs, DAEMONs, Planck and Bateman's particles, primordial black holes, etc..

Nothing was indeed ever confirmed and what is even more important, we neither have observational/experimental evidence of it with compare to breatharianism, no matter how anecdotal one...

THIS POST AND THE FOUR BELOW IT MOVED HERE AS OT IN THE QUANTUM GRAVITY THREAD. OTHERWISE FINE! Alan.

BTW The above reasoning of moving my post into the clearance thread is also lie - I originally posted it here, where it was perfectly on topic. If you, as a moderators of cold fusion are fabricating evasion for censorship in your own forum, one shouldn't get surprised by censorship of cold fusion in mainstream physics threads. Sifferkol is perfectly right, you're all a bunch of shitty censors - except you haven't such a power like the mainstream forum moderators yet, so you must do it in covert way or would lose readers. You're already old Alan and one would expect some wisdom and independence in your age - but do you really deserve that respect?

363rK3O.gif

• Look, Zeph, any phenomenon is OK to discuss but breatharianism and parapsychology may be a bit far afield when the group is mainly set up to discuss the EM drive. I am sure there are special Reddit discussion groups for all the things you want to be involved in. Why not use those? Like this one is mainly for LENR. Sure, a bit of OT is tolerated but not an endless amount which is as it should be, IMHO.

Jani claimed that he has not had anything to eat or drink since 1940,

That doesn't work very well for most people. Seriously, most reports about breatharians are due to inadequate observation and sleight of hand surreptitious feeding and watering, sometimes, IIRC, involving tiny tubes and conspirators helping out. If this had been done at Walter Reed Hospital or Mass General, I might believe it a bit more than from India.

• Reddit is one of the worst places for free speech. It's filled with astroturfers and social engineers managing fake accounts, and the upvote/downvote system (gamed with those fake accounts) is a blessing to suppress opinions, and hype others.

• Sorry, I didn't know that. I have no experience with it. But surely, there are other groups... for example maybe Yahoo groups? Google something-or-other?

but breatharianism and parapsychology may be a bit far afield when the group is mainly set up to discuss the EM drive

So why did you started to talk about it here? In none of my 1473+ posts in this forum you can find a note about breatharianism or parapsychology..

most reports about breatharians are due to inadequate observation and sleight of hand surreptitious feeding and watering, sometimes, IIRC, involving tiny tubes and conspirators helping out

Except that not all of them - and this is just the problem.

Reddit is one of the worst places for free speech. It's filled with astroturfers and social engineers managing fake accounts

Which is why the missionaries must visit just these forums, full of uneducated bigot barbarians.. But the lenr-forum.com isn't labeled way better by people like Abd ulRahman Lomax. I'd say, we know quite well each other..;-)

• BTW The above reasoning of moving my post into the clearance thread is also lie - I originally posted it here, where it was perfectly on topic. If you, as a moderators of cold fusion are fabricating evasion for censorship in your own forum, one shouldn't get surprised by censorship of cold fusion in mainstream physics threads. Sifferkol is perfectly right, you're all a bunch of shitty censors - except you haven't such a power like the mainstream forum moderators yet, so you must do it in covert way or would lose readers. You're already old Alan and one would expect some wisdom and independence in your age - but do you really deserve that respect?

Zephir_AWT : please chill out with the attacks on Alan and the other mods.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.