Clearance Items

• Thanks Eric. Clear enough. I do not agree of course but can see why you feel the way you do about it,

I neither have any problem with the forum since it is mostly is anonymous - I was referring to the scientists and we seem to agree there. I believe however the Lugano report was put on indefinite hold by Archivx (for reasons open to interpretation, especially since the erlier report was published), so that argument does not hold all the way. However it hardly overrules the ad-hom content of the report.

Guess we will never know if TC is real. And as long as it is not verified I will consider him a sure fake. This is the Internet you know... ;)

• OK, I'll bite. What else could he be? A conglomerate? A corporation? A Martian? A robot? A psychic illusion? An evil spirit? A pink unicorn? WHAT?

This whole line of argument is beyond stupid. It's about what he wrote, not his arbitrarily given name! Even his credentials don't matter much. It's WHAT HE WROTE!

Hehe. Gotcha!!!

Actually could be most of them (depending on what mood your in...), including real person ... Maybe even a .. no..no.. (cant help myself) a Russian troll ... I've heard some govs believe those are everywhere :D

Of course it is what he wrote. But that's not especially interesting since it is only speculation. I'm more interested in the context and in that case it is of greater importance. I guess in the same way somewhere some people worry about forreign trolls influencing politics or whatever. Do you see my point?

• Official Post

No reason to debate Lugano anymore. According to Rossi in his interview the other day, the Hotcat (reactor used at Lugano) is now obsolete:

[Menichella] ......One thing that came to my mind shortly ago was to figure out whether the technology - the previous version of the reactor then the Hot-Cat - you consider it a technology that we do not have a future, or you may have some niche applications. I do not know, I was thinking maybe where there would be no electromagnetic fields, I do not know: for a large power plant, or do you think it is wiped away by the new QuarkX?

[Rossi] It's obsolete.

What a bummer. With the snap of the finger, poof, it is gone. All those years of development...down the drain. Oh well, maybe not all of it, as he claims that part of the HT (the "cat and mouse" part) is now incorporated into the QX. Like a genesis thing...so touching. And you can't miss the resemblance between the two. :)

The demise of the HT follows the downfall of the other obsolete reactor (announced months ago on JONP), the 1MW (consisting of the LT Ecat's). Another bummer. Amazing how fast Rossi is advancing the technology, when you consider the 1MW was recently the Doral workhorse that ran reliably 24/7 for 365 days, and now it is shit-canned for the next generation. Not even his customers want the old stuff anymore.

No sireee...you can not make this stuff up.

• Perhaps the context of the Lugano report is also subjective.

IH was having great difficulties in getting anything Rossi had indicated should work, to in fact work. Rossi then takes one of the IH made devices out of NC, and under Rossi's influence, the device appears to work, keeping IH interested in continuing to support Rossi.

• Speaking of anonymous posters and their motives and contexts, Tony, you seem deeply invested in defending the glory of Rossi. Care to share with us what other fictitious names we might know you by in blogs of yore? BTW, this isn’t doxxing. I could not care less who you “really” are.

• Official Post

Perhaps the context of the Lugano report is also subjective.

IH was having great difficulties in getting anything Rossi had indicated should work, to in fact work. Rossi then takes one of the IH made devices out of NC, and under Rossi's influence, the device appears to work, keeping IH interested in continuing to support Rossi.

To add another layer of complexity, remember also that Dewey accused Fabiani of having jury rigged the HT controller used at Lugano. He never provided proof of that to be fair. Something else to consider; the Swedes had been rumored for a long time to be trying to replicate their own Lugano results. It was only after it was reported that Fabiani started helping them at Upsalla last year, that the first rumors of "success" began to surface.

And I could not help thinking about that when first seeing that clunky looking QX controller at the DPS. With Fabiani and Rossi fiddling under the hood, Fabiani positioned to block the audience view while they did. Lewan being distracted away right at that moment.

In light of the blatant deceptions at Doral, rigging a control box is child's play.

• Perhaps the context of the Lugano report is also subjective.

Probably true, but possibly due to uninterest (to start with anyway) and incompetence (in that area). They entered the deal from a financial point of view and thought it would be a lot easier to get their hands on the IP. They probably also thought it would be easier to get investors. And the rest we know. SHTF. The Meadowlands project is interesting in that context since it shows the way Darden et all usually do business. $300M+ tax payer money gone or something like that ... Rinse & repeat.

What a bummer. With the snap of the finger, poof, it is gone. All those years of development...down the drain. Oh well, maybe not all of it, as he claims that part of the HT (the "cat and mouse" part) is now incorporated into the QX. Like a genesis thing...so touching. And you can't miss the resemblance between the two.

If you look carefully at the device itself, the current ecatQX most resembles the rusty junk Rossi claimed was the original ecat -- the one Lewan and Levi (and sort of Kullander and Essen) first "tested" in 2011. The large band heater around the outside is gone as is the probably misplaced thermocouple but the general form is the same. Like the original, the QX is small, incorrectly measured, and the measurement system is so bad/incomplete we don't even get to where we worry about calibration. There isn't enough information to make more than a very rough guess at where the cheat is! I guess Rossi did learn something. That he needed to be even more extravagant and bizarre in his claims while at the same time, he was even more evasive about measurements.

Of course it is what he wrote. But that's not especially interesting since it is only speculation. I'm more interested in the context and in that case it is of greater importance. I guess in the same way somewhere some people worry about forreign trolls influencing politics or whatever. Do you see my point?

Sorry, no. Maybe say it a different way? TC cast serious doubt on the validity of all measurements Rossi et. al. (including the Swedish scientists) took using the thermal camera. He didn't do that by extolling who he is. He did by examining data, making calculations anyone can review, and coming to conclusions anyone can read and if they choose critique.

• In light of the blatant deceptions at Doral,

Or....

It actually worked as stated regardless other strange circumstances. Problem being as Rossi states he was needed 24/7 to actually run the thing. Fabiani could probably make it move during the the day when Rossi slept, since the cats needed constant handholding. This was obviously all great by IH until it dawned on them that Rossi was actually going to demand payment for it. Suddenly there was no contract and it was not the right cats etc. And then ... it was suddenly a fraud.... go figure... And go look at the official Meadowland files to see the pattern of IH business practice.

• Sorry, no. Maybe say it a different way? TC cast serious doubt on the validity of all measurements Rossi et. al. (including the Swedish scientists) took using the thermal camera. He didn't do that by extolling who he is. He did by examining data, making calculations anyone can review, and coming to conclusions anyone can read and if they choose critique.

TC was not there. He didn't have any data. He only did a meta analysis and included som ad-homs. It's nothing different from countless other posts here and elsewhere - speculation and unknowns. Fact is, we do not know for sure. We can conclude that some people know better than TC, you and me - like those who actually made meassurements. Working with something in reality somehow puts you in a better position to evaluate. Even you should grok that, right?

• Official Post

Or....

It actually worked as stated regardless other strange circumstances. Problem being as Rossi states he was needed 24/7 to actually run the thing. Fabiani could probably make it move during the the day when Rossi slept, since the cats needed constant handholding. This was obviously all great by IH until it dawned on them that Rossi was actually going to demand payment for it. Suddenly there was no contract and it was not the right cats etc. And then ... it was suddenly a fraud.... go figure... And go look at the official Meadowland files to see the pattern of IH business practice.

Tony,

Hmmm, of course, and then Rossi sued, they settled, and he got his IP, and 1MW plant back in the deal. So naturally he dismantles the 1MW, and declares it obsolete because no one wants to buy it....although the whole world would line up to buy such a thing.

And now he has also killed off the HT line. Same thing as with the LT...because it is obsolete. No one wants it. Come on, give me a break! :)

Do you seriously believe this stuff, or are you just having fun?

• Official Post

If you look carefully at the device itself, the current ecatQX most resembles the rusty junk Rossi claimed was the original ecat -- the one Lewan and Levi (and sort of Kullander and Essen) first "tested" in 2011. The large band heater around the outside is gone as is the probably misplaced thermocouple but the general form is the same. Like the original, the QX is small, incorrectly measured, and the measurement system is so bad/incomplete we don't even get to where we worry about calibration. There isn't enough information to make more than a very rough guess at where the cheat is! I guess Rossi did learn something. That he needed to be even more extravagant and bizarre in his claims while at the same time, he was even more evasive about measurements.

Mary,

With the water sheath for the calorimetry, it does look like the first Ecat. Take that off though, and it does not IMO.

• Official Post

TC was not there. He didn't have any data. He only did a meta analysis and included som ad-homs. It's nothing different from countless other posts here and elsewhere - speculation and unknowns

Tony,

You are making that up. TC was very polite. He did a detailed analysis of the data, and provided his own calculations based on that data.

Some here, including myself, have grown frustrated that the Swedes (forget Levi) have not fulfilled their scientific duty to engage in any sort of peer review. Making their silence even more frustrating is their publicly standing by Rossi. If they are going to continue giving him the legitimacy he needs to scam others, then it is even more important they come forward with the evidence, or an explanation, they feel justifies their support. Especially so after the criminal behavior Rossi exhibited at Doral. That they refuse to do so just adds fuel to the fire.

If you call that "ad-hom", then so be it.

• I covered one of the Vysotskii results here

MFMP Proposes Live Experiment to Prove Biological Transmutation

Like any complicated reaction, its causation can be considered in layers. LENR is produced by a particular type of magnetism. Many factors can create that magnetic format. Rossi states that the format is produced by a quadrupole magnetic field. I beleive that this magnetic formate is monopole magnetic or in more detail magnetic vortex based field lines.

Also the results of Hydrogen free LENR reactions are covered here

Hydrogen couln't be essential ?

• They seem to be very clear about Rossi having nothing to do with these plans, so no hindrences there, right?

Earlier they said Rossi was their most important project. However, sometime around when the Doral project began they backed off and said they saw no heat from Rossi's devices. What followed you can read about in the lawsuit docket. Rossi was a tremendous hindrance. He destroyed them, and by doing so, he cut off just about all funding to other researchers. As described in the docket, they fired their technical staff and stopped all R&D. I do not think they are supporting many other researchers now.

• Come on skeptics. Answer the question or don't you dabble in logic?

What can Rossi possibly gain by demonstrating a reactor that doesn't work when it would be simple (as the skeptics themselves claim) for any investor to check if it worked?

Forget about Jeb's arrogant comments on how the rich are stupid. There would be tens of millions involved in finishing the engineering and building an autmated factory. People with kind of money are not stupid and do due diligence.

I dabble in logic. Rossi is looking for gullible, naive investors. And as for your argument that "People with kind of money are not stupid and do due diligence" please see Juicero (raised over $100 million), Pets.com (not sure how much they raised), Webvan (raised almost 1/2 billion), eToys, Geocities, etc., etc. And what about all those sophisticated, wealthy, investment savvy people and institutions that invested with Bernie Madoff. What could Madoff have possibly intended by releasing financial statements that showed people investments going up and up? Maybe he wanted them to keep investing. If he stopped producing fraudulent statements people might start asking for their money back. Similarly, if Rossi stops doing dog and pony shows, nobody is going to consider giving him money. You are right about one thing Adrian - truly intelligent investors will do their due diligence, and they won't invest. We certainly don't see any evidence of intelligent people beating down the doors to invest (evidence I said, not "But Rossi says"). But there are plenty of stupid wealthy people - that is Rossi's target market.

• Anybody keeping count of how many people have answered Adrian’s repeated question about why Rossi would do his demos if he is a fraud? He has steadfastly ignored every such answer. Apparently, he is still waiting for someone to tell him he has a good point. That may take a long, long time.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.