Clearance Items

• Let’s apply the Tony Standard to your comments here. Were you present for Rossi’s work? No. Are you a “real person”? Nope.

Conclusion: everything you say is worthless.

So why do you bother?

Exactly! You're getting the idea. This is why I suggest only consider opinions from real people who are investing their careers/money/reputation etc. in the story and ignore all anonymous comments here. You can safely ignore me if you find that satisfactory to your soul. Or?

• I am afraid there is not possible to make technical analysis because of lack tech. info. Only speculations and artists creativity are possible.

YES! And it is such a relief that THH finally came to that conclusion as well ;)

• Tony, it is too bad that your astute analysis is totally hypocritical. You have no problem accepting all kinds of speculative, inconsistent and outrageous garbage as long as it is favorable to your view. Only negative information requires strict standards. As for your obsession with "real people", it is hilarious. I guess it is based on the premise that all "real people" are honest, knowledgeable and accurate. The notion that Mats Lewan is an oracle of truth is just too funny.

I don't really know what your game is, but it will soon be extremely boring.

• Don't flatter yourself. I'm most probably a way more practical tech person than you can imagine... (if you want to play the game like that). I know about the "TC" Lugano job. It's exactly what I would call a textbook type of conspiracy theory (even though it carefully tries to look like something "scientific").

Care to expand on why the TC paper is a conspiracy theory?

Unless you think that scientists pointing out other scientists have made a technical error is a conspiracy. It is what scientists do. And, most scientists reply to it one way or another. All part of the scientific process that corrects for individual errors.

• Tony, it is too bad that your astute analysis is totally hypocritical. You have no problem accepting all kinds of speculative, inconsistent and outrageous garbage as long as it is favorable to your view. Only negative information requires strict standards. As for your obsession with "real people", it is hilarious. I guess it is based on the premise that all "real people" are honest, knowledgeable and accurate. The notion that Mats Lewan is an oracle of truth is just too funny.

I don't really know what your game is, but it will soon be extremely boring.

Nobody is an oracle of truth, but of course anyone not being an imbecile agrees that being a real person (instead of an anonymous handle) increases the probability of honesty with several orders of magnitude?

• Care to expand on why the TC paper is a conspiracy theory?

Unless you think that scientists pointing out other scientists have made a technical error is a conspiracy. It is what scientists do. And, most scientists reply to it one way or another. All part of the scientific process that corrects for individual errors.

What? TC is not a scientist. There is nothing that indicates he is. He is an anonymous nobody on the Internet writing something that is supposed to look technical, but the only important information in the article are the ad-hom accusations of Rossi, Levi et al. Those both reveals and are the whole purpose of it. I've been thru this with Eric already who compared with Higgins who is areal scientist and which is shown his presentation of his paper, ie. no ad-homs and not anonymous.

• “being a real person (instead of an anonymous handle) increases the probability of honesty with several orders of magnitude”

Nope. Probably a little bit, but many people have no problem whatsoever with lying. Read the news.

Apart from honesty, “realness” has no influence at all on accuracy, astuteness or lack of delusion. So, in the context of internet chatter at the very least, realness is overrated.

And how do you know that Penon is a real person? Have you met him?

• Official Post

Tony,

Some of your arguments may have had some merit before the court documents became available. Now though, we have hundreds of pages of contracts, emails, letters, memos, depositions, technical analysis by experts on both sides, drawings, diagrams, and schematics. There is little, or no more speculation taking place as there is more than enough information for us to make a firm opinion on Rossi's character, the Doral operation, and yes, the Penon report . Or for that matter....make a case against Darden as you and a few others have done, or are trying to do.

Personally, when it comes to Darden I see him as a friend of LENR, and it needs all the friends it can get. So I am not too willing to look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak. Those such as yourself who instead need him as a foe, versus friend, so as to keep your faith in Rossi alive, have at him. There are only a few of you, your arguments are not at all a threat to him (certainly nothing worse than what he has already seen), so I doubt -if he is still interested in LENR, you will run him off.

• Official Post

Tony,

Other than TC, there were others with the skills needed whom all concluded the same thing about Lugano. That the E was wrong, as the testers used total, and not the spectral emissivity. When corrected for that, their values differed slightly from TC's, but basically about the same. To be fair, some of them felt a positive COP was still achieved, but only on the order of 15-30%, not 300%, I believe.Those others were Bob Higgins, MFMP, GSVIT, Paradigmnoia, and Andrea Calaone(?).

In addition, they, and many others also concluded Lugano was fatally flawed because Levi's team ran their dummy (no fuel) to half power, instead of full power. Lugano is dead...get over it.

• There is little, or no more speculation taking place as there is more than enough information for us to make a firm opinion on Rossi's character, the Doral operation, and yes, the Penon report .

Nah. I would say there is ONLY speculations going on about loads of contradictory documents. But the opinions are FIRM, I'll give you that ;)

• Personally, when it comes to Darden I see him as a friend of LENR, and it needs all the friends it can get. So I am not too willing to look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak. Those such as yourself who instead need him as a foe, versus friend, so as to keep your faith in Rossi alive, have at him. There are only a few of you, your arguments are not at all a threat to him (certainly nothing worse than what he has already seen), so I doubt -if he is still interested in LENR, you will run him off.

I'm not as sure about Darden being a friend of LENR, although I believe him to be a able to be a friend of everything as long as there is financing available. This became very clear to me reading the Meadowlands report. And what do you know about Darden and what he thinks? Why do you even care about a random lawyer/money manager like him?

Further, as someone in finance making a living of other peoples money he should certainly be very careful about his reputations and everything written on the Internet. People do due diligence if they're going to trust him with their money. Getting low interest public loans might not be as easy anymore (and landfill projects seems to depend on them) when the possible investors/public officials use Google. The same goes for private investors who are generally even more careful. My conclusion is that he has a lot more to lose than Rossi in this matter, since his only business is other peoples money. In the court documents it seems he tried in every way possible to put the blame on Rossi using the worlds most expensive lawyer firm to write a ridiculous counter claim. And the world most famous "political" PR agency to help ... There is a reason for this you know.

• When it comes to Darden everything is much worse though as described in the Meadowlands OIG report . Clearly he made in excess of $300M tax payer money disappear and was seemingly uninterested about it. Ie. hardly visiting the site, always having other lawyers/consultants do the talking, doing shitty deals with contractors and politicians, etc.

I am making my way through the report. Please suggest a portion of it from which you conclude of Darden that "he made in excess of $300M tax payer money disappear". I am not yet seeing that.

Not much use in doing that is there? Krivit is probably close to broke and only trying to make a buck on his slander blog and a couple of hours from a lawyer would cost Rossi more than he could possibly get from suing, don't you agree?

You have no way to know anything about Krivit's finances but it's irrelevant. The purpose of a lawsuit, if Rossi is indeed being defamed by Krivit, would be to stop the defamation and force Krivit to remove the web site. If Rossi won damages and Krivit couldn't pay, Krivit would have to declare bankruptcy -- not fun for him. It is astounding the number and breadth of subjects to which your abject ignorance extends.

(the only objective source on these matters is Mats Lewans book.He is a real journalist and put his reputation on the line. Hardly a pseudonym, right?)

Outside LENR devotees, Lewan has long lost his reputation as a journalist. He was fired from his job at NyTeknik because he wrote such crap about Rossi's idiotic demos and tests that the magazine was thoroughly embarrassed. Lewan's book is dreadful. It is almost entirely "Rossi-says" bullsh*t and what isn't that is a travelogue. He'd be better off if he had used a pseudonym. I bet he will regret that he didn't.

Credibility is not established by stating your name, as you mistakenly believe. It is established by observing facts and coming to logical conclusions, an ability you (along with Adrian, IHFB, Axil and a few others) seem to have a talent for totally lacking to an absolutely astounding degree.

• I am making my way through the report. Please suggest a portion of it from which you conclude of Darden that "he made in excess of $300M tax payer money disappear". I am not yet seeing that.

Sorry, I've been reading the report too quickly. It was only $212M. Fortunately NJ were able to cut their losses at that point when Darden was in the process of printing another $450M bond.

• He was fired from his job at NyTeknik because he wrote such crap about Rossi's idiotic demos and tests that the magazine was thoroughly embarrassed

I believe this is merely a wet dream of yours. Or do you have a references?

It is established by observing facts and coming to logical conclusions, an ability you ... seem to have a talent for totally lacking to an absolutely astounding degree

Oh Mary, I'm feeling a little bit sorry for you (not really, but it looked good when I wrote it) having to write stuff like that when arguing ;)

• Tony, Tony, Lewan is not writing for NyTeknik any more and hasn't for some time. You think he gave up that job willingly to be a brown noser for Rossi as a means of supporting his wife and kids?

Shane D.

Some of your arguments may have had some merit before the court documents became available.

Which ones? Most of Tony's arguments were specious five years ago and specifically, any serious consideration of Rossi as an honest businessman should have been gone as of the fiasco of November 2011 when he demonstrated what he said was a megawatt plant, showed no measurements being done, presented the bizarre "NATO Colonel customer representative," the device ran from a huge Diesel generator, etc. etc. etc. By that time, the collection of OBVIOUSLY false claims and rank lies in Rossi's misnamed blog should have been obvious to anyone with any ability at all to evaluate technical claims.

BTW, Tony, like Zeus, is getting less and less worth engaging. Doing so is a waste of time.

• Sorry, I've been reading the report too quickly. It was only $212M. Fortunately NJ were able to cut their losses at that point when Darden was in the process of printing another $450M bond.

I am looking for something that says that public money disappeared, as you allege. It has been almost 10 years since the Meadowlands report was written so maybe something has changed but on page 26 of the report I find the following footnote ...

"It should be understood that the government funds provided to EnCap were loans, including loans provided by way
    of conduit bonds that involved no public exposure, and there are mechanisms in place to protect public funds. It
    should not be assumed based on evidence described in this Report that public funds have been lost."

Is there anything you can add to this to give perspective?

• I am looking for something that says that public money disappeared, as you allege. It has been almost 10 years since the Meadowlands report was written so maybe something has changed but on page 26 of the report I find the following footnote ...

"It should be understood that the government funds provided to EnCap were loans, including loans provided by way
    of conduit bonds that involved no public exposure, and there are mechanisms in place to protect public funds. It
    should not be assumed based on evidence described in this Report that public funds have been lost."

Is there anything you can add to this to give perspective?

As I understood it they filed for chapter 11 after the report.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.