Clearance Items

We used to make fermented mare's milk yoghurt, custom-made vaccines (using your own bacteria) and all kinds of cranky and otherwise unibtainable stuff as well as doing all kinds of routine bacteriology, phenotyping, forensic work for the police and so onf. Colloidal gold (in particular) was a regular seller peddled as a treatment for arthritis. This kind of laboratory is now pretty much a vanished world.

As it should be. Colloidal gold was, at one time, legitimate (but toxic) therapy for people afflicted with really horrible rheumatoid arthritis. Now, it's been replaced by monoclonal antibodies, methotrexate, and other immune suppressants. The rest of what you mentioned was and still is quackery, especially colloidal silver which is quite dangerous. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

• Official Post

The rest of what you mentioned was and still is quackery

Actually custom-made bacterial vaccines made using bugs from the sufferer's own microbiome were said to be a very effective (but expensive) treatment for people with chronic and recurring infections. So not quackery, but merely impractical for most people. As for 'vanished world' which part of 'routine bacteriology, phenotyping, forensic work for the police' do you wish no longer existed?

• Perhaps you would care to use the 'warn' tab on a post that offends you so that the team can consider your request. However, at first glance Axil's posts are describing the Q-X reactor, which is THE thread topic.

Alan, I beg to differ. Axil's posts don't offend me. But they make no sense and do distract. There are other places they could be put.

• Obviously, I did not mean to include genetics and forensics. Autologous vaccines are hard to research on line from a brief attempt except for veterinary applications. The main example for humans dated from 1913! Of course, antibiotics have superceded attempts to rush some sort of vaccine to treat an ongoing infection. The concept is also flawed. Why would you give killed or attenuated organisms to a patient who is already infected with the live virulent version? Rather than make them react more, it could possibly overwhelm their immune system. Vaccination is not the same thing as treating with exogenous antibodies such as found in gamma globulin for example. If you know of a modern article which discusses autologous vaccination as a viable treatment for a specific human illness, I'd like to read it. There certainly could be such an application given the current problems of antibiotic resistance and tenacious maladies like clostridiumum difficile infections. However, in humans, I could not locate a single current application.

The posts are -while speculative- not OT as you suggest.

The problem with Axill's post is their bulky character of dumb copy&paste spam. He just replaces the absence of apparent logic by verbosity. We all know, that Axill believes in axions, tachyons, polaritons, Rydberg matter, water crystals and whatever esoteric stuff which just at least remotely applies to article/discussion thread given. Of course, once I would post all of it at the same moment, the probability that I'd get completely off topic would be rather low - but how large portion of such a post would be really on-topic?

P0tkEB6.gif

• The point isn't to exclude Axil from discussion at all - just enforce him somehow in making his posts more compact and topical - or he is just a predatory spammer like everyone else with such an attitude. For example, there is no reason to copy bulk of article linked, once we already got a link. In addition, there is no apparent connection of polaritons or metal hydride formation to QuarkX reactor. Even if such a connection would exist here, which testable hypothesis - not to say about improvement of technology - would follow from it? I don't see none at all, just the same copy&paste twaddling like before five years.

Once Axil believes, that there such a connection exists, he should provide at least shadow of logical reasoning for his opinion. Unfortunately the admins of forum have no tools how to improve quality of posts in other way, than by moderating their quantity. If such a way would exist, I'd recommend to use it too, as I don't like the censorship the most.

• You can indeed move the discussion related to Axil posts into cesspool - but I'd recommend to move them into a special thread dedicated to matter-of-fact proposals for improvement of quality of lenr-forum posts and discussions. The censoring of posts is zero variant - I presume we could apply a better methods how to handle it.

• I notice from the Youtube video that Rossi has again been promoted to "doctor." I wonder if that refers to his PhD he purchased from defunct Kensington College? I am ready to award him an honorary D.D. degree (Doctor of Deception).

• Official Post

Are you using the word vaccine in the usual sense... i.e. Using weakened/dead microbes to prime the immune system to attack pathogens.

That's what we used to do. Say for example somebody had chronic ear, urine or sinus infections that did not respond well to antibiotics for some reason, or perhaps they could not take penicillin due to allergy problems - that being the 'go-to' though not the only antibiotic 50 years ago.

The offending bits of the patient's body would be swabbed, and the swabs then used to inoculate growth media like (for example) blood agar. After incubation the various bacteria growing on the plate were typed and the likely culprits picked out. Sometimes these bacteria and a blood serum sample from the intended patient would be used in something called 'serum agglutination tests' which could reveal which bacteria were being most troublesome. This was pretty much early 19th century immunology still in use. Hard to know how well that worked.

Once a decision was taken on which big or bugs to use in a vaccine then more would be cultured, then collected and emulsified in saline. This saline emulsion was heat-treated to kill the bugs, exactly how varied according to the bugs, but it was often done at 60C for quite a few hours.

The end result was then re-cultured to ensure there was'no life' present and if it passed this test the patient would be given a course of maybe 6 injections, starting with a very low dilution, and gradually working up to full strength, Allergic responses were seen, and were used to judge the success of the treatment.

All this from memory, haven't given any of it much thought since around 1964. So small errors for MY to pounce on may be present.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.