Clearance Items

• With my long experience I don't make statements of certainty without proof...

AA: “This tiny reactor, about 1 cm long by 0.6 cm in diameter, was shown to produce 20 Watts of heat from a negligible input of power. The Coefficient of Performance (COP) was over 500. That is to say it produced more than 500 times the power required to run it. It can also be switched on and off instantaneously, something no other reactor has been capable of, and can operate at a temperature of 2300 C.”

AA: "The latter ended up in court as the independent referee said it passed the test but IH refused to pay the $900 million called for by the contract."

AA: Parts of the reactor are secret so it was difficult to display everything. The measurements made were adequate to show the properties of the E-Cat QX. To ensure there was no trickery some other proprietary measurements must be made." :/:S

http://www.delcotimes.com/opin…touted-as-energy-solution

• Zeus,

IF that is true, why in the name of reason did Rossi not pursue the case and guarantee his $900 million payday.

Any judge and jury could plainly see his Ecat

Produced 500x more energy than it used and IH owes him per the contact.

Rossi’s lawyer would be inline for a

$300 million fee, so he would certainly NOT agree to drop the suit if he knew the Ecat was what it was said to be.

Does anyone, anywhere really truly believe that Rossi would turn down a guaranteed $900 million just so he could go tinker in his garage?

The obvious answer is no.

Rossi bailed on the lawsuit because he did not want his “invention” or lack there of, to be exposed as a sham.

• Roseland, you're missing the point bigly, but that's probably my fault, so I've edited my post above to hopefully make it more clear.

My opinion on the courtcase is, it was only way the Doral scam could be completed in a way the left Rossi with a plausible shred of dignity. It was likely planned from the start.

Rossi's strategy was IMO to fling enough shit at IH (as evidenced by his alter-egos that posted similar on this forum) so that IH would start to fear a potential reputation risk, and just want it settled and over ASAP.

There was no way Rossi could ever proceed with the amount of plain and obvious (to all sane people) perjury that took place in the pre-trail phase, and the plain and obvious (to anyone with a shred of technical nouce) fakery that took place during Doral.

• Rossi's calculus did not include having to take the stand in Miami Federal Court. He was certain, up until curtain time, that IH would write him a check and settle.

I remain disappointed that the R'ster chose to walk away minutes before Darden was to take the stand. The R'ster knew that he was going to be decimated and devasted

by the truth. Living to fight another day is another specialty of his.

• Rossi's calculus did not include having to take the stand in Miami Federal Court. He was certain, up until curtain time, that IH would write him a check and settle.

I remain disappointed that the R'ster chose to walk away minutes before Darden was to take the stand. The R'ster knew that he was going to be decimated and devasted

by the truth. Living to fight another day is another specialty of his.

Can you tell us which side made the initial offer to settle?

• It is only a guess, but I think that Darden et.al did it and did not take it so seriously, because they were only marginal interested in developing LENR as a game chainging technology, but they had very high interests to convince major investors like Woodford to get involved in this project

What would be the point of that? Why would anyone want major investors involved in a fiasco in which people lose millions of dollar? It isn't as if Darden himself got Woodford's money. There is no motivation for Darden to convince Woodford -- or anyone else -- that a claim is true when the claim is actually false.

• The only other somewhat technical person was Murray, but he was brought in at the end,

No, he and others were there for a quite a while. I met them, as Murray mentioned in his deposition.

And this happened only after they had pocketed the Woodford cash

They did not "pocket" any cash. They themselves did not get the money. It was to be spent on R&D. It has not been. The lab was closed. If they took the money for themselves, they are in huge trouble.

• Rossi, through his attorney, offered a walk away settlement at the moment when his side, the Plaintiff, was to call Darden to the stand as the opening witness.

The knuckleheads who continue to speculate about the use of funds have demonstrated a spectacular cluelessness and I don't expect that to change - ever.

• Official Post

Thetruemonty,

With the exception of the few involved in the story like Jed and Dewey, it baffles me how it does get so personal, so fast. That should not be the case, but in my 6 1/2 year tenure on the various LENR forums, it seems unavoidable. I have seen many appeals for everyone to behave, they do for awhile, but after a short hiatus they are back at each others throats. Even on non-Rossi topics, there can be some strong emotions. Not nearly so much, but it still happens as is evidenced here almost every day.

Accepting the reality that we are polarized on each side of the Rossi saga, that Rossi will be around for a long time to come, and many of our members still believe in him, it is impractical that we avoid discussing him. All I can say is to try and keep it civil. If it gets out of hand, then that is what we have Moderators for.

• Zeus46, the piece I wrote that you quoted, was a newspaper article for the lay public. I stand by what I wrote. The $900 million was a typo that I corrected in several places afterwards. Suffering from macular degeneration makes it increasingly difficult for me to see typos like that.

IF that is true, why in the name of reason did Rossi not pursue the case and guarantee his $900 million payday.

If the E-Cat works, the value of the sales license he recovered from IH is worth far, far more.

Does anyone, anywhere really truly believe that Rossi would turn down a guaranteed $900 million just so he could go tinker in his garage?

Yes. See above. "tinker in his garage?" Really?

Rossi bailed on the lawsuit because he did not want his “invention” or lack there of, to be exposed as a sham.

You have no proof of this, so this is more fake news.

Rossi's calculus did not include having to take the stand in Miami Federal Court. He was certain, up until curtain time, that IH would write him a check and settle.

No proof again. Do you claim to be a mind reader too?

I will ignore the assorted implied insults to my sanity in several of the other posts.

• it baffles me how it does get so personal, so fast.

It puzzles me too. It's as if they can't stand the thought of someone like Rossi doiing something they can't even dream of themselves.

• He's here to brawl, and if he has his way, he'll turn this place into a mosh pit. He's either not ok with or not able to carry out polite, dispassionate discussion. This place is not the place for people spoiling for a fight, especially if they have an established history of non-contributions.

• Rossi's strategy was IMO to fling enough shit at IH (as evidenced by his alter-egos that posted similar on this forum) so that IH would start to fear a potential reputation risk, and just want it settled and over ASAP.

There was no way Rossi could ever proceed with the amount of plain and obvious (to all sane people) perjury that took place in the pre-trail phase, and the plain and obvious (to anyone with a shred of technical nouce) fakery that took place during Doral.

And this for example is polite and dispassionate?

• @Thetruemonty, I also said "And, yes, if you behave like a boor, intentionally or otherwise, that will get you sent away."

Just to reiterate, anyone here spoiling for a fight with other forum members is not welcome here. This is not the place for him. Think of a group of friendly acquaintances having a sometimes lively discussion. If a person's behavior and attitude are not compatible with that vision, his time here is limited.

• you are right, I interpreted your post incorrectly, my bad.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.